About private messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
There is a rumor floating around that private messages are read by the board administration (that would be me). Several private messages have been sent to users of this board inviting them to another board. On that other board is where the claim is made that I am reading users private messages. Not only were one of these PM's quoted to me from a member that received it, but another member here is also a member at that board and read the message and made me aware.

Not only is this not true, but it's just not 'normally' possible with the software that this board uses (vBulletin). Doing so would either require hacking into the board or somehow extracting the messages from a SQL database. I'm sad to admit, that is just beyond my expertise! I have no desire to go to great lengths just to read what a member may have to say in private.

Those making these claims are former members of this board that have recently been banned. It's quite obvious that they are upset with their removal from the board. This is what one former member had to say in a message to me:

"rest assured we *will* contact the USMB members we're inviting here by means other than your pathetic little board and inform them of your deplorable behavior and breaches of confidence. There is nowhere on God's green earth you can hide from what you have coming. USMB is finished. Your site will be dead within a month."

It's a shame that people cannot just move on after they leave this board, but some always feel angered enough to re-register and be disruptive.

I want to assure everyone that these accusations are 100% false and without merit.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back