About paid memberships

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I would like to put to rest a rumor that I hope hasn't travelled too far. Someone PM'd me about issues and then made a passing comment about how much I must make off the paid memberships.

3 members in total have paid for Gold memberships and 2 members have paid for Silver memberships. That's $95 in total. I've invested (I'm not a very good book keeper) but I'd have to say it's well over 2 grand now. I make about $75 permonth via various advertising techniques. I spend nearly the same in advertising myself.

This board is not about making a profit and never has been. Anything made will be put back into advertising or given out in contests. The only reason for the paid memberships is if there are members that have been here a long time and would like to have additional features afforded to them.

I do this to make the board a success and fun for all involved, myself included.

The complaints bother me personally as I feel I never once tried to ever take advantage of anyone. I think I've been nothing but fair with just about every active member of this board.

Please just enjoy the board, and make some posts! :)

jimnyc said:
I would like to put to rest a rumor that I hope hasn't travelled too far. Someone PM'd me about issues and then made a passing comment about how much I must make off the paid memberships.

3 members in total have paid for Gold memberships and 2 members have paid for Silver memberships. That's $95 in total. I've invested (I'm not a very good book keeper) but I'd have to say it's well over 2 grand now. I make about $75 permonth via various advertising techniques. I spend nearly the same in advertising myself.

This board is not about making a profit and never has been. Anything made will be put back into advertising or given out in contests. The only reason for the paid memberships is if there are members that have been here a long time and would like to have additional features afforded to them.

I do this to make the board a success and fun for all involved, myself included.

The complaints bother me personally as I feel I never once tried to ever take advantage of anyone. I think I've been nothing but fair with just about every active member of this board.

Please just enjoy the board, and make some posts! :)

Well Jim, I haven't heard the rumor. :laugh: I for one recognize there would be no board without you. Thanks for taking the idea and running with it. I know the headaches must sometimes make you just :blowup:

I'll go post some more now, you should try it too! :teeth:

Sir Evil said:
How many messgae boards do you go to to win $50 for being productive in posting? That's a pretty good deal if you ask me! Too many times people complain about these petty things and it is not even a mandatory issue. Of course most have no idea of the technical issue involved or the actual finances Jim puts into this place so we have a place to enjoy. I have seen first hand the type of costs involved and believe me Jim is being gentle with his figures. We don't ask for any kind of donation but we do offer extra for those few that have paid a couple of bucks. Jim is constantly hustling with advertising to not only try to help with finances but to also bring in new members.

Now let's not even get into the part when we have to watch daily registrations to see who is coming or who has been here and trying to backdoor there way in. The many hours of having to sift through the daily posts to see that all is going well. The time entered in resolving disputes to keep people happy. You don't have to pay, but please don't complain when the guy invests more than necessary time and money to give us a fun place to discuss and chat!

I can vouch for every bit of the bold portion. Been there, done that, sucks. :D

Kudos!

Hmmmm....

I, for one, would not mind if you did make some money on the site. It is a great site that offers value to those of us who deal in ideas more than gossip. Keep up the good work and the Karma will return to you!

And stop worrying about the few busybodies that complain, they must be rare, and if not just give me a call!

:bat:

Forum List

Back