About paid memberships

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by jimnyc, Jun 4, 2005.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I would like to put to rest a rumor that I hope hasn't travelled too far. Someone PM'd me about issues and then made a passing comment about how much I must make off the paid memberships.

3 members in total have paid for Gold memberships and 2 members have paid for Silver memberships. That's $95 in total. I've invested (I'm not a very good book keeper) but I'd have to say it's well over 2 grand now. I make about $75 permonth via various advertising techniques. I spend nearly the same in advertising myself.

This board is not about making a profit and never has been. Anything made will be put back into advertising or given out in contests. The only reason for the paid memberships is if there are members that have been here a long time and would like to have additional features afforded to them.

I do this to make the board a success and fun for all involved, myself included.

The complaints bother me personally as I feel I never once tried to ever take advantage of anyone. I think I've been nothing but fair with just about every active member of this board.

Please just enjoy the board, and make some posts! :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I appreciate all your effort---the board has been a great help to me. Thanks :beer:

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well Jim, I haven't heard the rumor. :laugh: I for one recognize there would be no board without you. Thanks for taking the idea and running with it. I know the headaches must sometimes make you just :blowup:

I'll go post some more now, you should try it too! :teeth:

4. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0

I can vouch for every bit of the bold portion. Been there, done that, sucks. :D

Kudos!

5. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Hmmmm....

I, for one, would not mind if you did make some money on the site. It is a great site that offers value to those of us who deal in ideas more than gossip. Keep up the good work and the Karma will return to you!

And stop worrying about the few busybodies that complain, they must be rare, and if not just give me a call!

:bat: