About "Goodbye" Threads...

Should Goodbye Threads Result In An Instant Temporary Ban?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, heavens no!

Instead of banning them, their desperate cries for support should be enshrined permanently and they should be mocked and ridiculed relentlessly as they continue to post as they almost always do.
Honestly... I challenge anybody to name one poster who has started one of these threads, who hasn't been back, inside a month.
I remember one; she was a serious poster, decided she'd hit the limit on posts. She never came back and more's the pity. I can't remember her name.

Oh, heavens no!

Instead of banning them, their desperate cries for support should be enshrined permanently and they should be mocked and ridiculed relentlessly as they continue to post as they almost always do.
Honestly... I challenge anybody to name one poster who has started one of these threads, who hasn't been back, inside a month.
I remember one; she was a serious poster, decided she'd hit the limit on posts. She never came back and more's the pity. I can't remember her name.
She might have had a clown avi?

Oh, heavens no!

If she used a clown avi, she wasn't a serious poster, but either a sock or was being paid to post here.

Oh, heavens no!

If she used a clown avi, she wasn't a serious poster, but either a sock or was being paid to post here.
Either way... Without a name. The point stands.

Oh, heavens no!

CandyCorn?

Oh, heavens no!

Candy Corn.

Oh, heavens no!

Candy Corn.
Did she start a "goodbye" thread, and then stay gone?

On some others forums I've participated in, in the past one site rule I found quite refreshing, was the prohibition of "goodbye threads". It worked like this...
The rule was laid out to all, that no "goodbye threads were permitted. And if someone so chose to post one anyway; the the moderation would ban that individual immediately for various amounts of time, depending on the particular site. Not only does this help such a poster avoid getting cold feet; this type of practice really helps a site stay focused on its intended topic, rather than getting cluttered up with post after post, and thread, after thread, of what amounts to nothing more than sad, attention seeking behavior.
What say y'all?

More rules? :haha:

Oh, heavens no!

Was it Mertex? I miss her she was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back