Abortions - The Truth - The Killing of Unborn Children

MissileMan said:
Care to point out anyone arguing that a person isn't a human being after birth?

That dim light that just flashed in your skull was the "Oh Shit" indicator! It helps if you read what you are about to post back to yourself and check for the lamp to flash. Yours is dim from overuse. You might want to re-read potential posts several times to be on the safe side.

Nice try, pitstain. Extending your logic: the lives of some depend on the personal whims and uninformed nonsensical opinions of others, leads to all manners of disrespect for life, including beating you down like a dog in the street.

You know, you look like quite a nubbin'.

Tell me where my analysis of your opinion is incorrect.

MissileMan said:
Care to point out anyone arguing that a person isn't a human being after birth?

What's the difference? You're giving your opinion the weight of life and death, in a situation where you can't possibly know for sure.

ask yourself this question.....when did your life begin?......when would it have been acceptable to you to have someone else end it without your input?

musicman said:
What's the difference? You're giving your opinion the weight of life and death, in a situation where you can't possibly know for sure.

I can say with 100% certainty that once born, a person is a human being. You can't say with 100% certainty that a fertilized egg is. You may not agree with my opinion about when a fetus becomes a human being, but I am entitled to that opinion regardless, as you are entitled to yours.

MissileMan said:
I can say with 100% certainty that once born, a person is a human being. You can't say with 100% certainty that a fertilized egg is. You may not agree with my opinion about when a fetus becomes a human being, but I am entitled to that opinion regardless, as you are entitled to yours.

A fertilized egg is a living human being, underdeveloped as he may be. This is 100% certain, as well.

MissileMan said:

what an odd logic string.....

at what point in your process after conception can a fertilized egg or a fetus become something other than a human being?

Don't you get it missileman, once you abandon all scientific definitions of life and rely on OPINION to determine if something is alive, then effectively, anything goes.

manu1959 said:
what an odd logic string.....

at what point in your process after conception can a fertilized egg or a fetus become something other than a human being?

A significant number of fertilized eggs become non-viable masses that are miscarried by the mother.

MissileMan said:
A significant number of fertilized eggs become non-viable masses that are miscarried by the mother.

So. Many toddlers used to die of colique. What's your point?

musicman said:
At what precise point do a collection of human cells become a human being? I don't know. You don't know. That's the problem.

As soon as the sperm fertilizes the egg. That's when.

Or are you going to play the, "well it doesn't have eye's yet", or the "it doesn't have ears yet" game? What POSSIBLE difference can that make. It's a human being and it's growing. Trying to say it's OK to KILL a human being while it's in it's early formative stages is just as bad as saying, "well now you're too old". "We're going to make it legal too kill you now that you're too old". Kill the very young, and kill the very old.

The killing of human life, even at it's "earliest" stages is still killing. All your silly arguments about, "when it turns into a human being" are complete horse shit. It's a "human being" as soon as the egg is fertilized, period. It's a "person", and it's "growing".

MissileMan said:
Common sense would dictate that two cells does not equal a human being.

Please tell me... I must know... why not?

MissileMan said:
Common sense also dictates that a fetus in the 3rd trimester is a human being. I'm saying that there must be a point in the timeline where the transition takes place.

And just who's "common sense" is this? Certainly not mine. Maybe the liberals?

And you MUST know where this arbitrary point is, since you so vehemently purport there is one. So please us God, when is that?

Pale Rider said:
As soon as the sperm fertilizes the egg. That's when.

Or are you going to play the, "well it doesn't have eye's yet", or the "it doesn't have ears yet" game? What POSSIBLE difference can that make. It's a human being and it's growing. Trying to say it's OK to KILL a human being while it's in it's early formative stages is just as bad as saying, "well now you're too old". "We're going to make it legal too kill you now that you're too old". Kill the very young, and kill the very old.

The killing of human life, even at it's "earliest" stages is still killing. All your silly arguments about, "when it turns into a human being" are complete horse shit. It's a "human being" as soon as the egg is fertilized, period. It's a "person", and it's "growing".

From a moral standpoint is abortion ethical? I don't think it is. But from a reality standpoint making it illegal will not make abortions stop. In the same way that making drugs legal does not stop the use of drugs. If people are going to have abortions I'd rather them get decent medical care. Thus I am pro-choice.

Powerman said:
From a moral standpoint is abortion ethical? I don't think it is. But from a reality standpoint making it illegal will not make abortions stop. In the same way that making drugs legal does not stop the use of drugs. If people are going to have abortions I'd rather them get decent medical care. Thus I am pro-choice.

you make absolutely no sense at all...in another thread you said "You" would die for the sins of others to save them...now you are saying you support abortion...because it is better in a medical facility...even though you think it is wrong...make up your mind whos side you are on.... :rolleyes:

archangel said:
you make absolutely no sense at all...in another thread you said "You" would die for the sins of others to save them...now you are saying you support abortion...because it is better in a medical facility...even though you think it is wrong...make up your mind whos side you are on.... :rolleyes:

I made my point clear. I don't think that abortion is ethical. But I think from a legal standpoint pro choice makes more sense. You wont stop abortion by making it illegal. People will either be having coathanger abortions or if they've got money they'll be taking trips with mommy to Europe while the rest of the Tri Delta's are getting fucked in their sorority houses back home.

Powerman said:

Really pman, this post doesn't have much in the way of reasoning. You're kind of all over the place here. You drunk?

There's lots of laws here in America that are broken every day. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have them. Abortion is murder, and whether or not someone is going to find a hack to do one for them if it's outlawed again is entirely up to that person, at which time they'd be nothing more than a criminal, and should then be caught and prosecuted for the abortion, and murder, then jailed.

Pale Rider said:
Really pman, this post doesn't have much in the way of reasoning. You're kind of all over the place here. You drunk?

There's lots of laws here in America that are broken every day. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have them. Abortion is murder, and whether or not someone is going to find a hack to do one for them if it's outlawed again is entirely up to that person, at which time they'd be nothing more than a criminal, and should caught and prosecuted for the abortion, and murder, then jailed.

I'm not drunk. That's for later tonight.

Powerman said:
I'm not drunk. That's for later tonight.

Cool.

But for God's sake man, people break laws every day. Just because people break laws is NOT a good reason to just do away with them... :cuckoo:

Pale Rider said:
Cool.

But for God's sake man, people break laws every day. Just because people break laws is NOT a good reason to just do away with them... :cuckoo:

Yes. And just because you think something is imorral it doesn't mean that it should be illegal. What if you got arrested for masturbation? Man everyone in the world would be in jail. And the rest would be liars.

Forum List

Back