Abortions - The Truth - The Killing of Unborn Children

Said1 said:
I know you could go on, but it's a moot point with me. I won't change my mind.

Even though I wasn't specific with regard to circumstances, there are other extreme senarios that don't involve pre-mature bith and those are generally what I am speakin of. I've seen all sorts of situations first hand and I still couldn't say for sure what I'd do. I truely think many people make different choices when faced with making that choice for themselves. I don't mean you of course. :)

I have a nephew that is the product of rape. My sister had an abortion as a teen and was unwilling to do it again, even while carrying an unplanned and unwanted child. I adopted him for a time, it took about two years before she was able to care for him as she wanted. I no longer have him living here, he will be 18 next month. He is an awesome child, and although circumstances were extreme I am happy he is part of my life.

MissileMan said:
It's no solution, it's a fantasy pipedream. Billions of embryos in deep freeze waiting for medical technology to catch up. Women having babies without actually giving birth, hell...why even bother to get pregnant. We can just let the administrators of the good ol' fetus factory randomly pair up sperm and eggs. After they've been weaned off their artificial milk machine, they can pack the babies off to state run mass-rearing facilities. Am I the only person who thinks this is worse than the worst idea ever to pass through a liberals lips?

You are deliberately misinterpreting and attempting to describe an extreme to make the idea appear less than desirable by using the "either or" and ignoring any other option. This is absolutely ridiculous. Opening up adoptions, using it as a research facility including stem cell research, creating a facility of actual choice. There are many options other than running a "good ol' fetus factoy" that you attempt to make it into by using the black and white option and not considering any between options. If the child is unviable the stem cells could still be used in research, with the knowledge that we were not killing a viable human for research.

Of course, giving women an actual choice like carrying naturally or ex utero cannot be a viable solution. The only choice can be the unsupportable choice of killing millions, only supported by attempting to ignore the scientific knowledge that they are a separate human with their own DNA.

Making "Planned Parenthood" actually mean something other than "the good ol' killing factory" is simply not a choice in your current ideology. You don't want another option, it might give people real choice.

MissileMan said:
If they are non-viable and to be used as a source for stem cells, would it be fair to say that an abortion would take place in order to harvest them?

I'll wager there's a mighty fine song and dance routine in the offing. :dance:

What a dink! They would remove the fetus with the intent to save it, find it to be unviable and only then harvest stem cells with the full knowledge that no viable human was killed for the convenience of another.

The only song and dance happening in the thread is the one that attempts to redefine human life in order to support the death of millions.

Forum List

Back