Abortions drop 61% when....

297726_568604133166238_983489903_n.jpg

Progress. Republicans, keep your hands off of birth control and women's services, embrace prevention.

Can't give away BC for free. That would mean less women for the lifers to insult and abuse.

"Free" sterilizations would work at about 100% and be cheaper in the long run. Instead of doing something half-assed, why not just cut to the chase?

What about women who want kids some day, just not right now?
If they can't afford a few bucks a month or drag their asses to Planned Parenthood for birth control, can they afford to have kids?

Free Birth Control, STI Testing, and Exams
Family Planning Benefit Program

What is the Family Planning Benefit Program (FPBP)?

FPBP is a New York State Medicaid program that provides family planning benefits to women, men and young people ages 10-64 with family incomes up to 200% of the federal poverty level to prevent unintended pregnancies. For those who are eligible, FPBP pays the cost of birth control, STI testing, PAP tests, pregnancy tests, gynecological exams, and more at PPHP. There are no co-payments, monthly payments, or deductibles.

Who Qualifies?

· Women, men, and young people ages 10-64
· US citizens
· New York State residents
· Incomes up to 200% of the federal poverty level

Free Birth Control, STI Testing, and Exams - Planned Parenthood - Hudson Peconic

Free? No such thing.

Who pays for it?

We all pay for it one way or another no matter what.

The real question is would you rather pay a smaller amount up front or more in the long run?

When state lawmakers passed a two-year budget in 2011 that moved $73 million from family planning services to other programs, the goal was largely political: halt the flow of taxpayer dollars to Planned Parenthood clinics.

Now they are facing the policy implications — and, in some cases, reconsidering.

The latest Health and Human Services Commission projections being circulated among Texas lawmakers indicate that during the 2014-15 biennium, poor women will deliver an estimated 23,760 more babies than they would have, as a result of their reduced access to state-subsidized birth control. The additional cost to taxpayers is expected to be as much as $273 million — $103 million to $108 million to the state’s general revenue budget alone — and the bulk of it is the cost of caring for those infants under Medicaid.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/us/likely-increase-in-births-has-some-lawmakers-revisiting-cuts.html?howisbabbyformed&_r=1&

This is essentially the strategy behind Value Based Insurance Design (VBID): University of Michigan - Center for Value-Based Insurance Design

Studies are making it quite clear that when a patient is given (1) no-cost access to a needed drug, and (2) basic education on their condition, they are far, far more likely to take the drug and take it properly. And, since they are taking the drug properly, both emergency room visits and hospital admissions drop dramatically, saving insurance companies significant costs in the mid-term and long-term.

Dubious "morality" aside, it is becoming obvious that if we deal with issues early and effectively, we all save money on health care costs. That's why VBID, universal preventive and universal diagnostic services would not only make for a healthier populace, they would save insurance companies, the government, and its citizens real dollars -- and personally, I like saving real dollars.

But, since health care is now a political issue, we can pretty much forget about straightforward logic like that.

Last edited:
You are right the gov paying pennies to prevent abortion is far cheaper than the govt paying the medical bill to deliver an unwanted child and paying for everything else right up until possible incarceration. One convicts medical bills can cost us all millions.
If a republican is truly against Abortion for their religious beliefs I completely respect that. I submit however, that most republicans "say" they are against abortion because they are led to say that by GOP talking points.
Simple truth is the 2% super rich cannot cant anyone elected, the gop must "TAP" other voters groups...Abortion, Guns, etc etc...
Most republicans are quite intelligent enough to know that paying a little for contraception is FAR cheaper than the birth of an unwanted kid...but they cant say it.

This is essentially the strategy behind Value Based Insurance Design (VBID): University of Michigan - Center for Value-Based Insurance Design

Studies are making it quite clear that when a patient is given (1) no-cost access to a needed drug, and (2) basic education on their condition, they are far, far more likely to take the drug and take it properly. And, since they are taking the drug properly, both emergency room visits and hospital admissions drop dramatically, saving insurance companies significant costs in the mid-term and long-term.

Dubious "morality" aside, it is becoming obvious that if we deal with issues early and effectively, we all save money on health care costs. That's why VBID, universal preventive and universal diagnostic services would not only make for a healthier populace, they would save insurance companies, the government, and its citizens real dollars -- and personally, I like saving real dollars.

But, since health care is now a political issue, we can pretty much forget about straightforward logic like that.

There you go again Mac. Injecting good ole common sense and pragmatism into a sceniaro that is designed to bring out the crazy in the crazies.

Way to go Mac. You can't be stopping pregnancies with free contraceptives. Why, that would reduce the number of unwanted children which would reduce the welfare roles which would reduce the welfare costs which would then take away the reason for many rethugs existance. To bitch about poor people with kids. From what I can tell anyway.

There you go again Mac. Injecting good ole common sense and pragmatism into a sceniaro that is designed to bring out the crazy in the crazies.

Way to go Mac. You can't be stopping pregnancies with free contraceptives. Why, that would reduce the number of unwanted children which would reduce the welfare roles which would reduce the welfare costs which would then take away the reason for many rethugs existance. To bitch about poor people with kids. From what I can tell anyway.

Seems to me the biggest obstacle to improving the country is EGO.

Get past that, admit that both "sides" have reasonable ideas, and perhaps we can get some stuff DONE.

There isn't an issue out there on which Mac won't argue both sides.

LOL

You voted for a POTUS who would end any such silly gubmint funding, didn't you?

There isn't an issue out there on which Mac won't argue both sides.

LOL

You voted for a POTUS who would end any such silly gubmint funding, didn't you?

... he says, proving my point and illustrating my sig...

I notice you ducked the question. LOL

I voted for Johnson, and I've told you multiple times precisely why.

Somehow you keep forgetting, I wonder why.

Okay, no I don't wonder why.

Free? No such thing.

Who pays for it?

This is EXACTLY the point... SOMEONE is paying for it.. the progressive just always want it to be somebody else.. even if it is against their beliefs... and they will FORCE them to do it

Birth control is not expensive... Suzy or Bobby can go buy a box of condoms for $6... less than an hour's wages at MINIMUM WAGE... but even that is not enough for the progressive ilk, it has to be taxed, subsidized, advertised, and distributed by government or there must be an agency that is utterly huge that exists to force other entities such as churches, schools, and businesses to the the progressive bidding.. all costing more and more money

Forum List

Back