Abortion

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by xBiophagex, Jan 14, 2013.

1. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,348
    I see that even though you claimed that you could present a sitiuation in which one person's dependence upon another would be analogous to the relationship between mother and child. Obviously, you can't so you begin the song and dance.

It is you who must modify and modify. You claim that you can present one sort of situation and when it becomes evidence that you can't, then you begin modifying. My statement remains the same as when we first started. It is you who can't deliver on what you claimed to be "no problem".

I am still asking for you to describe a situation in which through no actions of your own, you might find yourself connected to me and dependent upon my bodily systems for your survial. Either you can do that, or you can't. If you can't then you have no apt analogy to support your argument.

I never said that I was pro life. In fact, I'm not. I am anti abortion on demand.

2. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,348
    No, it is cherry picking and semantics because that is what it is.

Your own dictionary.com disagrees with you.

child
    noun, plural chil┬Ědren.
    1. a person between birth and full growth
    2. a son or daughter
    3. A baby or infant
    4. a human fetus.

3. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,348
    Legally? That is about as weak an argument as semantics. There was a time when legally you could own another human being in this country. Was the law correct in its assumption that it was fine to own blacks because they were something less than human beings?

Lots of things have been legal due to corruption or shortcomings in the law and judicial system. Simply saying "it
    s legal" is hardly a rational argument. If you can't justify the legal decisions that have been made, then you may as well say "just because" as "it's legal"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. PratchettFan

PratchettFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,706
    I have been perfectly consistent. Either the right to life supercedes the right to personal sovereignty or it does not. I hold that it does not and I do not change the position for the sake of convenience. You hold that it does, but only when you want it to. If it is not convenient for you, then it doesn't.

As to "order of precedence", you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,375
    No matter how you feel about abortion, abortion is legal. If it is a sin, it is a sin personal to the person having or participating in the abortion. Examine who gets abortions. While conservatives might be forced to get an abortion when absolutely necessary and all other options are foreclosed, liberals get them as a matter of convenience. Estimates are that 70% of all black pregnancies end in abortion. The hispanic use of abortion is growing. Liberals are the self-proclaimed enemies of conservative values. It makes some sense that liberals should voluntarily reduce their numbers by abortion unimpeded. Conservatives should be having all the babies not liberals. Liberals should just pay for them. That's all. Just pay for them. Then they can kill themselves off to their heart's content.

6. AmyNation

AmyNation Road Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,020
    ^^^

Abortions ok cuz black folk get them!

Stay classy Katz.

7. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,196
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All right, people, everyone rise, throw back your white hoods, and let's all join in:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra3qnLXmJDM]Tom Lehrer - I Wanna Go Back to Dixie - YouTube[/ame]

First, we need to know just exactly what you mean by "conservative valules." If this post is typical . . .

I'm speechless. I am totally without speech.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Father Time

Father Time I'll be Still Alive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +437
    When they look for precedent they either look at other Supreme Court cases or the Constitution. Which is why you can't just overturn a court case with a law passed by Congress.

The whole thing seems kind of iffy.

9. Father Time

Father Time I'll be Still Alive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +437
    My mistake in assuming she was quoting the whole definition.

10. PratchettFan

PratchettFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,706
    And back comes your desire for convenience. You are the one who said, "I stick to the law." But when the law is not in your favor it is suddenly a weak argument. Amazing.

So, we are now not talking about law but about morality. Any position which does no support a persons right to the control of their own body is immoral. Any moral position which changes to fit a desired conclusion is hypocritical.

Now, which way do you want to go, or do I just save time and assume it is whatever way fits your desires at the time? Because you really don't have a legal, philosophical or moral position. You just have the way you want things to be and you want that imposed upon everyone. I expect you would resent it if anyone were to do that to you.