Abortion: U.S. Taxpayers Fund It Here and Abroad

varelse

Rookie
Oct 30, 2012
In January 2009, President Obama rescinded the Mexico City policy—a 1984 directive by the Reagan Administration that prohibited certain federal dollars from going to international organizations that promote or perform abortions as a method of family planning. Since then, the U.S. has sent millions of taxpayer dollars to international abortion providers and lobbyists each year.

President Obama also signaled in 2009 that he would restore funding to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). The U.S. has since sent tens of millions of taxpayer dollars to the organization, despite continued assertions that UNFPA has been involved in China’s coercive one-child policy. For years prior, the U.S. withheld funding to UNFPA under the Kemp–Kasten amendment, which prohibits U.S. international aid from supporting coercive abortion procedures or involuntary sterilization.
http://http://blog.heritage.org/2013/01/23/abortion-u-s-taxpayers-fund-it-here-and-abroad/

Abortion culture... you constantly devalue human life and teach that ending it is the convenient alternative to being a grown-up and you can't figure out why our country is full of such violence and other social ills?

How do the pro-abortionists justify taking my tax dollars to support killing their babies because they're irresponsible little tramps?

While I do believe that federal tax dollars shouldn't go to abortion procedures, except to save a pregnant mother who must have it or die. I have no problem with private organizations or individuals funding such things.
Most of those I've seen stomping around and chanting in front of abortion clinics seem to be elderly, religious nut-case males, who have no right to tell women what they should do with regard to their pregnancies.

pro-life-hypo.jpg

OP- but most of our help actually goes for birth control, dupe. Can't wait for free birth control. Too gd many people !! Free BC saves everyone money!!

While I do believe that federal tax dollars shouldn't go to abortion procedures, except to save a pregnant mother who must have it or die. I have no problem with private organizations or individuals funding such things.
Most of those I've seen stomping around and chanting in front of abortion clinics seem to be elderly, religious nut-case males, who have no right to tell women what they should do with regard to their pregnancies.

The OP points out that these funds are taxpayer dollars.

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Friday lifted restrictions on U.S. government funding for groups that provide abortion services or counseling abroad, reversing a policy of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush, a spokesman said.

Obama lifts restrictions on abortion funding | Reuters

The thing is, we can't afford this. There are thousands of extremely wealthy liberals who could easily donate their own money to these causes. Same goes if they want more abortion clinics. I heard some complaining about that on tv. They say we don't have enough and I thought, why don't they build some, then? It's not the tax payers responsibility to fund every program politicians can dream up. We have no money. We can't pay our own country's debt. What part of, "We can't afford it", don't people understand?

We give way too much in aid to countries that are not our allies. Why do we want to help the likes of the evil Muslim Brotherhood by handing them a billion dollars of money we had to borrow?

It's insane. I know the mantra is that if we don't pay for bc and abortions, then the ignorant people will continue to multiply and expect to be taken care of. It's assumed in advance that the current government dependents will only increase the burden if we don't take action. It's almost an admission that a growing number of people are clueless and will be a permanent burden.

So, instead of putting our foot down and telling them that they better be prepared to take responsibility, we just let them know that no matter what they do, we'll be right there to clean up their messes and pay for everything. There is nothing being done to discourage them from being irresponsible. They know they can live fast and loose and never suffer consequences because of a nanny government.

We're on the hook no matter what they do, so yet again, it's up to us to lessen our burden by pandering to their wishes and picking up the slack for their behavior. Pay for bc, pay for abortions or pay to raise the children. Got it. Must be nice to go through life feeling entitled to have others pay your way no matter how many stupid choices you make.

In January 2009, President Obama rescinded the Mexico City policy—a 1984 directive by the Reagan Administration that prohibited certain federal dollars from going to international organizations that promote or perform abortions as a method of family planning. Since then, the U.S. has sent millions of taxpayer dollars to international abortion providers and lobbyists each year.

President Obama also signaled in 2009 that he would restore funding to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). The U.S. has since sent tens of millions of taxpayer dollars to the organization, despite continued assertions that UNFPA has been involved in China’s coercive one-child policy. For years prior, the U.S. withheld funding to UNFPA under the Kemp–Kasten amendment, which prohibits U.S. international aid from supporting coercive abortion procedures or involuntary sterilization.
http://http://blog.heritage.org/2013/01/23/abortion-u-s-taxpayers-fund-it-here-and-abroad/

Abortion culture... you constantly devalue human life and teach that ending it is the convenient alternative to being a grown-up and you can't figure out why our country is full of such violence and other social ills?

How do the pro-abortionists justify taking my tax dollars to support killing their babies because they're irresponsible little tramps?

So you have no issue with your tax dollars going toward a war, which has resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent people, including children?

• Banned

So you have no issue with your tax dollars going toward a war, which has resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent people, including children?
:eusa_eh:

non se·qui·tur
noun \ˈnän-ˈse-kwə-tər also -ˌtu̇r\
Definition of NON SEQUITUR

: a statement (as a response) that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said

Non sequitur - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

You must be one of those ignorant partisan hacks

• Banned
A fetus isn't a living being

Do you even know what the word 'living' means? Try asking an obstetrician whether a fetus is alive. Making sure the fetus (or rather, the child, regardless of age/state of development prior to birth) is still alive and in good health is kinda what they get paid for.
I wouldn't label it a "baby" nor "killing"
Why can't you be honest? To end the life of a living thing is to kill it. Most of us kill things all the time- mostly bacteria and insects. If you think killing a child during the neonatal period or some part thereof is acceptable, why do you have to lie about what it is you support?
nor "murder" nor anything other homicidal definition those without an adequate knowledge of science would understand.

The irony is strong here...

A fetus isn't a living being, therefore I wouldn't label it a "baby" nor "killing" nor "murder" nor anything other homicidal definition those without an adequate knowledge of science would understand.

I have no problems with abortion, as you might have already guessed, therefore I don't give damn that tax dollars were used to provide medical procedures.

Well you are a pig from hell.

You would truly cheer Bernie on.

Believe it or not, they kick inside you. It's wonderous. They are inside you. They are alive.

Pity you dont understand this. But if you don't wish to replicate, you be first to take yourself out of this world.

I would cheer your passing. Send me the memo.

It's OK. There are billions more where they came from.

I assure you, Borillar, I do not have billions more tax dollars to be taken

I was actually referring to human births. Over 350,000 born every day while 150,000 people die. So every day there are a net 200,000 more people. That's like another Dallas every week. For all the hue and cry about money going for abortion, what about all the money and resources that would be needed for all these people were they to be born? We aren't running out of people, we are reproducing beyond our capacity to support. There are over 7 billion people right now. In a hundred years we'll be drowning in our own poisons.

I was actually referring to human births. Over 350,000 born every day while 150,000 people die. So every day there are a net 200,000 more people. That's like another Dallas every week. For all the hue and cry about money going for abortion, what about all the money and resources that would be needed for all these people were they to be born? We aren't running out of people, we are reproducing beyond our capacity to support. There are over 7 billion people right now. In a hundred years we'll be drowning in our own poisons.

Lead the way, oh preacher of death

Warning_Signs__Rat_Poison_by_whiteraveninlimbo.jpg

source

I use a different definition.

You don't get to make up your own definitions to suite your own agenda.

A fetus isn't living. We're living. We have consciousness, we feel pain, we have emotion.
[/quote]
Consciousness and life are two different things. If you want to argue consciousness ('personhood'), then due so- but be honest about it from this point forth.
A fetus is alive, being a clump of cells, but isn't living.
:eusa_hand:
It has no emotion, no feelings, doesn't feel pain, and isn't conscious.

Four-dimensional ultrasound technology and new research has shown, or at least strongly suggested, fetal emotion, pain, sight, hearing and even rudimentary, short-term “habituation” or “memory,” as recently reported in a Dutch study.
WETZSTEIN: Research suggests fetal emotion - Washington Times

There is a growing body of research showing that babies in the womb feel, taste, learn, and have some level of consciousness. One study had babies in the womb receiving “vibroacoustic stimulation” (Gonzalez-Gonzalez et al., 2006). That is a fancy way of saying sound waves were transmitted. For comparison purposes, there was also a control group that did not receive the treatment. After they were born, the babies who had received the stimulation were again given the same treatment. The result was that these babies recognized the signal and tended to calm down after receiving the signal. The researchers concluded that fetal life is able to learn and memorize with this capacity lasting into neonatal life (post-birth).

In other research, Anthony DeCasper and William Fifer created a nipple that was connected to an audio device (Kolata, 1984). This nipple test was given to 10 newborn babies. If a child sucked in one way they would hear their mother’s voice. Sucking in a different pattern would cause the child to hear another woman’s voice. The researchers found that the babies sucked in a way to hear their mothers. The same experiment was done using the sound of the mother’s heart beat and that of a male voice. The result was that the babies sucked in such a way as to hear the mother’s heart beat more often than the male voice.

DeCasper later did another test where he had sixteen pregnant women read a children’s book. They read the book out aloud twice a day for the last 6.5 weeks of their pregnancy. Once born, the babies were given the nipple test previously mentioned where they could listen either to their mother reading the original children’s book that was used or another book. The babies sucked to hear the original children’s book. What DeCasper concluded was that a prenatal auditory experience can influence auditory preferences after birth.
Emotional Trauma in the Womb | World of Psychology

While you can argue it can't be proven beyond all doubt that fetuses experience emotion, the same remains true about you.
Because a potential life isn't the same thing as a life.

You're referring to... semen, maybe? :confused:

Care to try again? This time without without the lies, please.

I agree, a fetus is alive just like my sperm is alive. It's not a living being, however.

sperm=fetus?

:confused:

Kids' Health - Topics - Sexual reproduction - how babies are made

Its the way it is, its the way it will stay. All you people can do, is make it a 5 day vacation trip to another state. And we will take the funds spent with grace.. no broblem...spent that money in my state.....

Last edited:
no broblem...spented that money in my state.....
Should've spent it on K-12 :eusa_hand:

oops thx... Look, I think sperm is alive, its a cell.. 70% say they like choice at some level...
You have feeling about about this..I say in your family this will not be an option. Its your struggle. I can't change the 70%. The more this gets pushed the number will go up..K-12? what that?

Forum List

Back