Abortion: U.S. Taxpayers Fund It Here and Abroad

Discussion in 'Politics' started by varelse, Jan 23, 2013.

1. varelse

varelse BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    http://http://blog.heritage.org/2013/01/23/abortion-u-s-taxpayers-fund-it-here-and-abroad/

Abortion culture... you constantly devalue human life and teach that ending it is the convenient alternative to being a grown-up and you can't figure out why our country is full of such violence and other social ills?

How do the pro-abortionists justify taking my tax dollars to support killing their babies because they're irresponsible little tramps?

2. MDiver

MDiver Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +534
    While I do believe that federal tax dollars shouldn't go to abortion procedures, except to save a pregnant mother who must have it or die. I have no problem with private organizations or individuals funding such things.
    Most of those I've seen stomping around and chanting in front of abortion clinics seem to be elderly, religious nut-case males, who have no right to tell women what they should do with regard to their pregnancies.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,073
    [​IMG]

4. francoHFW

francoHFW Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,633
    OP- but most of our help actually goes for birth control, dupe. Can't wait for free birth control. Too gd many people !! Free BC saves everyone money!!

5. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,076
    The OP points out that these funds are taxpayer dollars.

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Friday lifted restrictions on U.S. government funding for groups that provide abortion services or counseling abroad, reversing a policy of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush, a spokesman said.

Obama lifts restrictions on abortion funding | Reuters

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,774
    The thing is, we can't afford this. There are thousands of extremely wealthy liberals who could easily donate their own money to these causes. Same goes if they want more abortion clinics. I heard some complaining about that on tv. They say we don't have enough and I thought, why don't they build some, then? It's not the tax payers responsibility to fund every program politicians can dream up. We have no money. We can't pay our own country's debt. What part of, "We can't afford it", don't people understand?

We give way too much in aid to countries that are not our allies. Why do we want to help the likes of the evil Muslim Brotherhood by handing them a billion dollars of money we had to borrow?

It's insane. I know the mantra is that if we don't pay for bc and abortions, then the ignorant people will continue to multiply and expect to be taken care of. It's assumed in advance that the current government dependents will only increase the burden if we don't take action. It's almost an admission that a growing number of people are clueless and will be a permanent burden.

So, instead of putting our foot down and telling them that they better be prepared to take responsibility, we just let them know that no matter what they do, we'll be right there to clean up their messes and pay for everything. There is nothing being done to discourage them from being irresponsible. They know they can live fast and loose and never suffer consequences because of a nanny government.

We're on the hook no matter what they do, so yet again, it's up to us to lessen our burden by pandering to their wishes and picking up the slack for their behavior. Pay for bc, pay for abortions or pay to raise the children. Got it. Must be nice to go through life feeling entitled to have others pay your way no matter how many stupid choices you make.

7. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    So you have no issue with your tax dollars going toward a war, which has resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent people, including children?

8. varelse

varelse BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    :eusa_eh:

non se·qui·tur
    noun \ˈnän-ˈse-kwə-tər also -ˌtu̇r\
    Definition of NON SEQUITUR

: a statement (as a response) that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said

Non sequitur - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

You must be one of those ignorant partisan hacks

9. varelse

varelse BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Do you even know what the word 'living' means? Try asking an obstetrician whether a fetus is alive. Making sure the fetus (or rather, the child, regardless of age/state of development prior to birth) is still alive and in good health is kinda what they get paid for.
    Why can't you be honest? To end the life of a living thing is to kill it. Most of us kill things all the time- mostly bacteria and insects. If you think killing a child during the neonatal period or some part thereof is acceptable, why do you have to lie about what it is you support?
    The irony is strong here...

10. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,076
    Well you are a pig from hell.

You would truly cheer Bernie on.

Believe it or not, they kick inside you. It's wonderous. They are inside you. They are alive.

Pity you dont understand this. But if you don't wish to replicate, you be first to take yourself out of this world.

I would cheer your passing. Send me the memo.