Abortion: Still mostly legal

Legal or not, women who don't want a baby are going to seek abortion as a solution to their "problem".

• Banned
Of course if Shogun got his way, only half-abortions would be legal in cases where the two parents can't agree. :D

How does it make me feel?....

It doesn't, and even if it did that wouldn't make any difference. Right and Wrong are not about how we feel. They're about Right and Wrong. Pregnancy is a very obvious and well known potential consequence of engaging in sexual activity. I think that's pretty universally known at this point. Therefore, consenting to sexual activity is consenting to the potential consequence of becoming a parent (for BOTH parties involved). If you don't want to risk that consequence, don't commit the act.

How does it make me feel?....

It doesn't, and even if it did that wouldn't make any difference. Right and Wrong are not about how we feel. They're about Right and Wrong. Pregnancy is a very obvious and well known potential consequence of engaging in sexual activity. I think that's pretty universally known at this point. Therefore, consenting to sexual activity is consenting to the potential consequence of becoming a parent (for BOTH parties involved). If you don't want to risk that consequence, don't commit the act.

Or you could look at it as you're risking the need to have an abortion, all in how you look at it.

Why do the rights fall only on the woman? Didn't a man have anything to do with the pregnancy? Shouldn't he have a say?

Or you could look at it as you're risking the need to have an abortion, all in how you look at it.

True. Then again that comes with the Eternal Stay in Hel option that some of us would prefer to avoid at all reasonable costs.

See, some of us actually believe in that funny thing called Personal Responsibility. Some of us also believe in something called Fate. Those of us who believe in BOTH realize that we don't get to choose the consequences of our actions most of the time, and we simply have to do our best to make appropriate decisions so as not to leave Fate with any more openings than necessary to make our lives as miserable as possible.

Why do the rights fall only on the woman? Didn't a man have anything to do with the pregnancy? Shouldn't he have a say?

Yes, he should. So Long As he is prepared to marry the woman and to provide for that child and their mother for at least the next 18 years and 9 months.

Then again, I don't think either of them should have the right to terminate the life they just created, so I'm probably not the best one to ask.

It makes me wish that I was a woman so that I could get pregnant specifically so I could exercise my right to have an abortion.

DAMN Y-CHROMOSOME!!!

No.

Life isn't fair. Get over it.

Explain why not instead of a simple "no". Also explain why it should remain unfair.

I can tell you one thing, if the woman decided to have the baby the man will be forced by law to support it whether he wanted it or not.

No.

Life isn't fair. Get over it.

Explain why not instead of a simple "no". Also explain why it should remain unfair.

I can tell you one thing, if the woman decided to have the baby the man will be forced by law to support it whether he wanted it or not.

And despite this, somehow I'm still glad I'm a dude and not a chick.

Go figure.

Of course if Shogun got his way, only half-abortions would be legal in cases where the two parents can't agree. :D

Name dropping won't make the gray hair of your forum input any darker, dude. I know it's been a long time since people have laughed at your shtick and feeding Ravi chicken wings just doesn't have the same thrill as it used to but my presence is not a Just For Men gel to your aged routine..

Suffice it to say, if you had the balls to recognize paternal rights instead of letting your uterus hotwire your brain then perhaps you'd finally come to be honest about my logic... you know, instead of being so bitter about the mudhole I stomped in your ass.

How does it go? Ho hum?

Name dropping won't make the gray hair of your forum input any darker, dude. I know it's been a long time since people have laughed at your shtick and feeding Ravi chicken wings just doesn't have the same thrill as it used to but my presence is not a Just For Men gel to your aged routine..

Suffice it to say, if you had the balls to recognize paternal rights instead of letting your uterus hotwire your brain then perhaps you'd finally come to be honest about my logic... you know, instead of being so bitter about the mudhole I stomped in your ass.

How does it go? Ho hum?

you said ho.

Personally I feel it is disgusting when used as a birth control method. I also don't feel I have the right to make it legal or illegal since I don't participate in the activity that produces babies. If I did have sex with a woman, I would hope I knew her enough to know what her feelings were regarding the subject, and there would be no need for legislative intervention.

Why would I want to kill somebody over it? Is someone else's pregnancy or abortion threatening my life? Maybe if I believed in reincarnation there would be a chance, but at this present time, one lifetime is enough for me.

How does it go? Ho hum?

Perhaps it's an appeal to the majority, but I still take comfort in the knowledge that everyone who witnessed your half-abortion compromise fail knows that the only mudhole stomped was yours, repeatedly.

That said, good to have you back buddy. :thup:

Forum List

Back