Abortion results in ptsd, and is worse for those with a history of trauma.

I'll wait around for that citation.

Let's look up child death and murder, while we're at it, why don't we?

It continues to amaze me the lengths people will go to justify and explain away infanticide.

Have anyone here met and talked with an abortion survivor?? I have it was a profound experience,at the same time I had a chance to talked to a nurse that used to help provide abortions, until she could no longer do t,she helped a person survive an attempt on their life through an abortion attempt. And walked away. Gripping to say the least!

I have never spoken with one personally. I have seen interviews with abortion survivors who are now adults with children of their own.

What's disburbing is that these are ADULTS, the abortion they survived was decades ago.
Today it is much harder to save abortion survivors. There are post birth abortion laws that prevent that today. The babies born, healthy and alive are allowed to die by starvation and dehydration.

The fact that people of bygone days accepted something as a fact of life does not mean they actually wanted that. Families got markedly smaller when birth control hit the market in the early 60s. Child abuse is not a new concept. It did not start in this millennium.

No it doesn't mean they wanted it. They accepted it and were happy with it. If they weren't happy, they became happy, or at least content because there weren't a lot of options. Child abuse isn't a new concept but child abuse on the level that we have it today at this level isn't something we had before.

You have conclusions, but you are not making the correct connections to support those concusions. Families got smaller because women were making decisions on what to do with their lives other than have children. This decision was helped to fruition by birth control. Child abuse today is the huge problem that it is, not because babies are forced onto unwilling families, but because of a growth in selfishness. The need for parents to "find themselves" at the expense of their families and the widespread use of drugs.

Susan Smith had two beautiful children that she loved and wanted. Right up to the point where her selfishness and need to "be happy" made them inconvenient and she drowned them. Ditto on Casey Anthony. Who knows whether John Walker Lindh would have become a terrorist if his father had taken him to a baseball game instead of "finding himself" by coming home wearing a dress and telling the family he was leaving them for a man?

These aren't simple problems with simple solutions. They are complex and involve many many other considerations.

If you believe child abuse was not as bad as it is today, then you do not work in the same field I work in. I have had patients my age who were whipped with horse whips. You have no clue what you are talking about. People have always killed their children. There just wasn't an internet to advertise it on.

Historically and cross-culturally, the murder of children has taken many forms. Anthropological studies of traditional societies, such as the Yanomamo of South America, and sociological studies of some advanced civilizations indicate the practice of infanticide (the killing of children under the age of five), past and present. Female infanticide has been discovered among some traditional patriarchal groups such as the Chinese. Often the murder of children has been noted for humanitarian reasons, such as because of overpopulation or an inadequate food supply. Similarly, poor and low-income families have killed their children when they have been unable to support them. Some societies have promoted the killing of children born with birth defects, mental challenges, or a serious disease or disorder. In certain societies, children who were believed to be tainted by evil (e.g., twins) were slain at birth. Among the ancient Greeks and Romans, a father could dispose of his child as he saw fit.

Read more: Children, Murder of - world, body, life, history, cause, rate, time, person, human, Factors in the Murder of Children, Familial Homicides, Suggestions for Prevention Children, Murder of - world, body, life, history, cause, rate, time, person, human, Factors in the Murder of Children, Familial Homicides, Suggestions for Prevention

Children, Murder of - world, body, life, history, cause, rate, time, person, human, Factors in the Murder of Children, Familial Homicides, Suggestions for Prevention

You are basing your thinking on wanting to believe that people made themselves happy with the children they got, but anthropological studies prove you wrong.

You are in dire need of a few days in dependency court. Now if you want to go back throughout history, to the earliest days of infant exposure, you might be correct.

I don't consider horsewhipping child abuse if the kid is delinquent enough. It's discipline.

Lol..prove the increase in child abuse, which oddly coincides with the advent of legalized abortion, is because of increased reporting.

What a joke.

Prior to the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act of 1974, there were no standardized criteria as to what even constituted child abuse, nor any requirements with regard to reporting abuse or retaining that data.

The Act authorized funds for states to begin to address the problem and created the National Center on Child Abuse and Neglect within the then Department of Health, Education, and Welfare to collect abuse information.

Prior to that there are no reliable, consistent data with regard to abuse.

Consequently what we’ve seen over the last 40 years in an increase in reporting, not an increase in abuse; during this same period we’ve also seen an increase in media coverage - cable news, satellite, internet – where reports of abuse anywhere in the country become National news, where in the past it would remain local or even unreported.

I'll wait around for that citation.

Let's look up child death and murder, while we're at it, why don't we?

It continues to amaze me the lengths people will go to justify and explain away infanticide.

No one is attempting to justify or explain away anything.

I do not find it amazing, however, that the radical social right continues to attempt to violate Americans’ right to privacy with subjective emotionalism, hyperbole, and lies.

I’ve been fighting the bane of social conservatism for well over 40 years, and will continue to do so until the civil liberties of every American are safeguarded against violation by those same social conservatives.

Just as many people have dedcated themselves to fighting social liberalism. The only sensible thing, and the most likely to happen is that the country divides over the issues. Or, a stronger country comes along and imposes their values on all of us by force.

Either end is okay. I just hope its soon.

Have anyone here met and talked with an abortion survivor?? I have it was a profound experience,at the same time I had a chance to talked to a nurse that used to help provide abortions, until she could no longer do t,she helped a person survive an attempt on their life through an abortion attempt. And walked away. Gripping to say the least!

I have never spoken with one personally. I have seen interviews with abortion survivors who are now adults with children of their own.

What's disburbing is that these are ADULTS, the abortion they survived was decades ago.
Today it is much harder to save abortion survivors. There are post birth abortion laws that prevent that today. The babies born, healthy and alive are allowed to die by starvation and dehydration.
Idiot, there are no such laws.

Ravi, is it me or do you think she is obsessed with this topic too?

No it doesn't mean they wanted it. They accepted it and were happy with it. If they weren't happy, they became happy, or at least content because there weren't a lot of options. Child abuse isn't a new concept but child abuse on the level that we have it today at this level isn't something we had before.

You have conclusions, but you are not making the correct connections to support those concusions. Families got smaller because women were making decisions on what to do with their lives other than have children. This decision was helped to fruition by birth control. Child abuse today is the huge problem that it is, not because babies are forced onto unwilling families, but because of a growth in selfishness. The need for parents to "find themselves" at the expense of their families and the widespread use of drugs.

Susan Smith had two beautiful children that she loved and wanted. Right up to the point where her selfishness and need to "be happy" made them inconvenient and she drowned them. Ditto on Casey Anthony. Who knows whether John Walker Lindh would have become a terrorist if his father had taken him to a baseball game instead of "finding himself" by coming home wearing a dress and telling the family he was leaving them for a man?

These aren't simple problems with simple solutions. They are complex and involve many many other considerations.

If you believe child abuse was not as bad as it is today, then you do not work in the same field I work in. I have had patients my age who were whipped with horse whips. You have no clue what you are talking about. People have always killed their children. There just wasn't an internet to advertise it on.

Historically and cross-culturally, the murder of children has taken many forms. Anthropological studies of traditional societies, such as the Yanomamo of South America, and sociological studies of some advanced civilizations indicate the practice of infanticide (the killing of children under the age of five), past and present. Female infanticide has been discovered among some traditional patriarchal groups such as the Chinese. Often the murder of children has been noted for humanitarian reasons, such as because of overpopulation or an inadequate food supply. Similarly, poor and low-income families have killed their children when they have been unable to support them. Some societies have promoted the killing of children born with birth defects, mental challenges, or a serious disease or disorder. In certain societies, children who were believed to be tainted by evil (e.g., twins) were slain at birth. Among the ancient Greeks and Romans, a father could dispose of his child as he saw fit.

Read more: Children, Murder of - world, body, life, history, cause, rate, time, person, human, Factors in the Murder of Children, Familial Homicides, Suggestions for Prevention Children, Murder of - world, body, life, history, cause, rate, time, person, human, Factors in the Murder of Children, Familial Homicides, Suggestions for Prevention

Children, Murder of - world, body, life, history, cause, rate, time, person, human, Factors in the Murder of Children, Familial Homicides, Suggestions for Prevention

You are basing your thinking on wanting to believe that people made themselves happy with the children they got, but anthropological studies prove you wrong.

You are in dire need of a few days in dependency court. Now if you want to go back throughout history, to the earliest days of infant exposure, you might be correct.

I don't consider horsewhipping child abuse if the kid is delinquent enough. It's discipline.

And therein lies your problem. That has to be one of the sickest statements I have EVER seen posted on an internet forum. The people I have seen who were treated this way had horrible physical injuries and mental problems as well. Maybe you just need your own little whipping boy to beat up. And then when he is grown, maybe he will inflict the same upony you.

But wait......

YOU are the one who thinks Lara Logan was 'asking for it' in Egypt!

I believe he/she/it is referring to this: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-107hr2175enr/pdf/BILLS-107hr2175enr.pdf

The Infants Born Alive Protection Act of 2002

And therein lies your problem. That has to be one of the sickest statements I have EVER seen posted on an internet forum. The people I have seen who were treated this way had horrible physical injuries and mental problems as well. Maybe you just need your own little whipping boy to beat up. And then when he is grown, maybe he will inflict the same upony you.

But wait......

It's called experiencing the consequences of one's own actions. Something we just don't permit in this country so it comes as a big shock when consequences are experienced elsewhere.

We are not raising children to be civilized adults, but savages. If you want savages keep doing what you are doing because it's working.

But wait......

It's called experiencing the consequences of one's own actions. Something we just don't permit in this country so it comes as a big shock when consequences are experienced elsewhere.

We are not raising children to be civilized adults, but savages. If you want savages keep doing what you are doing because it's working.

So if the parents behave like savages and abuse the children, the children won't be savages. Got it! :rolleyes:

You are disgusting.

Judging by what passes for "children" today, all of us could benefit greatly by some corporal discipline dished out to these animals. Although calling them animals is an insult to animals who generally make good parents. Unless you LIKE what passes for childish behavior now. Then it's just fine.

Judging by what passes for "children" today, all of us could benefit greatly by some corporal discipline dished out to these animals. Although calling them animals is an insult to animals who generally make good parents. Unless you LIKE what passes for childish behavior now. Then it's just fine.

You are one sick fuck! I pray to God that you do not now nor ever have any children.

Pro abortionists contend that abortion PREVENTS ptsd caused by the birth of horrible killer babies who apparently are the result of rape and must be killed for the sanity of the mother.

When I heard them spout that, I of course assumed the exact opposite must be true, so I looked it up.

Amazing what a little research will show you:

"
Posttraumatic stress reactions were found to be associated with abortion. Consistent with previous research, the data here suggest abortion can increase stress and decrease coping abilities, particularly
for those women who have a history of adverse childhood events and prior traumata."

Go figure.

http://www.vozvictimas.org/pdf/documentos/rue2004.pdf

I can't imagine why this would surprise anyone with half a brain and a modicum of honesty. Liberals have trained gullible women (and men) into believing that abortion makes it as though the pregnancy never happened. When that - obviously - isn't what happens, the reality of the aftermath is bound to be traumatic.

Well, maybe if conservatives ever get their way and the law starts forcing rape victims to have the babies,

we can study the psychological effects of that on them and see how it compares.

Yes...very sure.

America is the shining beacon of liberty for the world not the darkness.
To an individual experiencing the trauma and pain (clinical studies prove that fetuses most certainly feel pain) of having its skull crushed, dismemberment and suffocation issues associated with sundry extinguishing procedures as his entire experience of life on this planet, what kind of shining beacon of liberty would that be?

Truth and justice. The American way. Reality. Life brings hard choices and hard lessons. America does not STAND for abortion. It allows it because a woman has a right to what happens to her body. No one believes abortion is a good thing. No one is allowed to make that decision for a woman citizen but her.
The America I grew up in loved new babies and children, and I consider that the American way.

Abortion lacks any sense of acceptance new life should have. It's the behavior of taking someone else's life's potential that needs extinction, not getting rid of the unborn child.

When Roe v. Wade was won, it was assumed that only the 10,000 real threats to the mother's life would lead to a legal abortion in any given year. Unfortunately, abortion came to replace birth control in less than a decade, when over a million babies a year--quite an exponential figure--were being aborted.

Not only that, but demands began being made against the government for free abortions for anyone.

When a society doesn't value its future children's very lives, that's human failure and destitution waiting to happen, less than a generation away.

And that's what I think.

Giving every fertile female cheap access to the morning after pill would virtually eliminate abortion.

But that's just too damn sensible.

Forum List

Back