Abortion results in ptsd, and is worse for those with a history of trauma.

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by koshergrl, Jan 27, 2012.

1. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,282
    Pro abortionists contend that abortion PREVENTS ptsd caused by the birth of horrible killer babies who apparently are the result of rape and must be killed for the sanity of the mother.

When I heard them spout that, I of course assumed the exact opposite must be true, so I looked it up.

Amazing what a little research will show you:

"
    Posttraumatic stress reactions were found to be associated with abortion. Consistent with previous research, the data here suggest abortion can increase stress and decrease coping abilities, particularly
    for those women who have a history of adverse childhood events and prior traumata."

Go figure.

http://www.vozvictimas.org/pdf/documentos/rue2004.pdf

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,993
    Thanks doc..

3. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,993
    Doctor Quack..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,282
    Author:
    Vincent M. Rue, Institute for Pregnancy Loss, 1574 Scottridge Lane, Jacksonville, FL 32259, U.S.A.,​
    e-mail: vincerue@bellsouth.net

5. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,282
    And the journal:

http://www.medscimonit.com/

Medical Science Monitor, International Medical Journal for Experimental and Clinical Research.

6. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    There are some problems associated with this claim.

Number one is that somehow recently, ptsd is being found in ALL stress! Where ptsd was at one time a disorder associated with abnormal stress it is now associated with all stress no matter how slight the stressor. Of course abortion will increase stress. Just finding out that there is an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy is going to increase stress. No matter what the decision is made. It should be accepted as a matter of due course that women that have a history of trauma, already have reduced coping abilities are going to be stressed more than women without these disabilities.

I have known an awful lot of women that have had abortions, friends, family, just ordinary women. I have heard of women devastated by abortion. I have heard of women who grieve forever. I don't know any of these women. I've never met one. Out of all the women that I have known that have had abortions, the primary feeling is one of profound relief. Which is one of the reasons some women don't have a bit of a problem with multiple abortions.

I have known one woman who elected to have the baby of a rapist and keep it. To this day, and both mother and daughter are now long dead, but to this very day I don't know why she had the baby or why she kept it. I understand why no one removed the child, even though it should have been obvious that these two people were being utterly destroyed, but no one did.

Rather than an outright ban on abortions, they should be at least made to be less desirable.

7. Meister

Meister VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,100
    I think that guilt would be the prime driver of the results from the study.
    It can be a very powerful emotion.

8. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    I have not seen that, not once. I have heard of it, but out of the many women I have known and there probably is a couple hundred throughout my life I've never actually seen it. One of the worst problems with telling women that they will feel guilty, be emotionally destroyed, have ptsd, suffer profound grief, is that when they don't see this among the women they know, they tend to disregard every possible pro life argument. Abortion did not become such a large issue, with so many abortions, because women suffered adverse effects. It is almost impossible to tell a woman in her 20s how badly she will feel and how much stress she will suffer when she already knows ten women that have had abortions and are doing just fine.

9. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    I am sure that women that have had multiple abortions; which is basically legal murder, do not suffer from feelings of guild.

They are the same as serial killers that have no remorse for their victims and rarely suffer from guilt.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    They don't consider it murder because they don't see a victim. I hate to get real about abortion. I personally have a strong tendency toward the pro life position. That might be one of the reasons why I find it vitally important not to lie but tell the truth about abortion. The more the pro life people avoid the true facts, the worse it becomes.

At the stage that most abortions take place, the fetus looks like a blood clot of a size that would fit in a teaspoon. I know that the pro life position is that it's tearing off arms and leg and little limbs are being forcepted out of the birth canal. Again, most abortions take place much too early to have little arms and legs. So no, women don't look at that spot of blood and see a victim so they don't have anything to feel guilty about.