Abortion: Quality of Life of the baby

Where did I say that?

"I am against causing babies (live babies) to suffer pain for months and then die."
- Hazlnut

Yes, I feel that it is wrong to knowingly cause suffering.

Where did I say that I get to 'decide'?

Please post a quote with me saying I get do decide for other parents on this issue...

You want to decide for me, right?

It is the parents decision. But you think it is wrong if they choose life and have all these why.. why ...whys.

Sure reads like "you" know whats right for them.

I can't imagine the risk is very high. Seems pretty committed to killing off those babies.

Hazel thinks we should kill babies he doesn't want to look at.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Where did I say that?

I am against causing babies (live babies) to suffer pain for months and then die.

I am against you determining for me what is quality of life.

You aren't determining quality of life for you, you're determining it for someone else. And I'm against that.
So....leave it up to the woman & her Doctor!

Problem SOLVED!!!

It is the parents decision. But you think it is wrong if they choose life and have all these why.. why ...whys.

Sure reads like "you" know whats right for them.

You're on strawman overload. You keep twisting my words and misstating my argument.

I think it's wrong to knowingly cause pain and suffering.

I think it's wrong to decide what quality of life means for you. And vice-versa.

I've said that over and over in this thread....

By all means... Let's get selective about who we kill.

We terminate life support every day. We remove feeding tubes and turn off life support in a compassionate manner. WHEN THE FAMILY DECIDES!!

Elderly patients are given morphine when they get pneumonia. (morphine helps them die w/o pain) Doctors call pneumonia the old persons friend.

That's called compassion.

The slippery slope does not apply as I was very specific. Don't straw man me, okay?

Seems to me that if you can detect the abnormalities you have listed... The argument that it isn't a child yet ship has already sailed. You baby killers are a really sick bunch.

How do you jump from Zygote/embryo to baby? A non-viable fetus can not live outside the womb. A non-viable fetus w/o a spinal chord will a die a painful death durning delivery. Why would you not terminate that pregnancy?

Do you like to cause babies pain and then let them die?

And who are you to decide for me what is quality of life.

Don't you people realize you lose the fight as soon as you go to the 'baby killer' extreme?

Don't worry, you won't decide what 'quality of life' is once Obamacare goes into effect, the government will.

I'm sure you can show everyone where that's implied.

You're on-the-clock, Skippy.....

<tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick>......​

I think it's wrong to decide what quality of life means for you. And vice-versa.

I think your premise that there is this significant body of parents who should have aborted preemptively but opted to go on w/ birth to allow their baby to suffer in pain with no cure is skewed.

With all the talk about abortion exceptions (rape, incest, health of mother) why does no one talk about the health / quality of life of the baby?

What about these exceptions:

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

When parents who only want to have a healthy baby find out their baby-to-be will have serious and often painful health issues (may even die soon after being born), why aren't we discussion why the GOPs think they have any business in that conversation.

Your thread failed...In my church, there is a boy by the name of Carl, Just started high school this year, he has Down Syndrome.

In your list of "conditions" Carl should have been aborted..This boy when singing hymns in church he sings with much joy and brings a smile to everyone's face..And yet, by your definition of what babies should be aborted, Carl would fall under your standard...

WOW!!!

"I'm in favor of abortion being legal in the case of rape and incest, and the health and life of the mother."

- Mitt Romeny

I can't imagine the risk is very high. Seems pretty committed to killing off those babies.

You want to comment on your incorrect information?

Severe deformity can be identified in the first trimester.

As can Down Syndrome.

All you seem to be able to do is scream... "baby killer"....

When the conservative cut funding to food stamps and welfare, more babies will end up in dumpsters and trashcans. Well done Tea Party!!

"I'm in favor of abortion being legal in the case of rape and incest, and the health and life of the mother."

- Mitt Romeny

And what does he say about severe deformity, down syndrome, or other health issues related to quality of life?

Please make an effort to answer my question.

With all the talk about abortion exceptions (rape, incest, health of mother) why does no one talk about the health / quality of life of the baby?

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

When parents who only want to have a healthy baby find out their baby-to-be will have serious and often painful health issues (may even die soon after being born), why aren't we discussion why the GOPs think they have any business in that conversation.

Your thread failed...In my church, there is a boy by the name of Carl, Just started high school this year, he has Down Syndrome.

In your list of "conditions" Carl should have been aborted..This boy when singing hymns in church he sings with much joy and brings a smile to everyone's face..And yet, by your definition of what babies should be aborted, Carl would fall under your standard...

Where did I say that?

I said these are quality of life issues to be discussed.

You want to comment on your incorrect information?

Severe deformity can be identified in the first trimester.

As can Down Syndrome.

All you seem to be able to do is scream... "baby killer"....

When the conservative cut funding to food stamps and welfare, more babies will end up in dumpsters and trashcans. Well done Tea Party!!

And those dumping babies in trash can and dumpsters should go to prison..Even get the death penalty.

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

Where did I say that?

I said these are quality of life issues to be discussed.

That's just it, when it comes to life of babies, there shouldn't be discussion..

Shocker, hazel is a LYING babykiller. Because you have to lie to make it palatable:

"
The triple screen is - as it&#8217;s name implies - just a screening test. It cannot tell for sure if your baby has Down syndrome, but it can tell if your risk is higher. If your screening test is positive, it simply means your risk of having a baby with Down syndrome is higher than other women your age. But even with a positive screening test, most women will have babies without Down syndrome. Conversely, a negative triple screen means that the chance of Down syndrome is low but not zero. It doesn't guarantee a baby without Down syndrome.
The triple test can detect approximately 60 percent of the pregnancies affected by trisomy 21 and will miss about 40% of cases.
Amniocentesis

If a screening blood test or an ultrasound shows an increased risk, or if you are over age 35, you will be offered an amniocentesis. An amniocentesis is a test that is usually done between 15-20 weeks of pregnancy."

Diagnosis of Down Syndrome During Pregnancy

More dead babies is the answer.

Zygote, embryo termination is not a 'dead baby'.

Babies can be born in extreme pain and die within in months. Is that pro-life compassion?

Embryo termination is the killing of a human being with its own unique DNA. That's a scientific fact, not a religious belief. If its not a human being please enlighten us by telling us what species it is.

Just because a human can and does experience pain after being born is not justification for destroying such life before its born. Totally rediculous arguement.

- Mitt Romeny

And what does he say about severe deformity, down syndrome, or other health issues related to quality of life?

Please make an effort to answer my question.

Maybe Obama should run a campaign ad - "I'm for abortion being legal in the case of the baby having Down's Syndrome."

I'm sure your side will do quite well with that campaign platform.

I think your premise that there is this significant body of parents who should have aborted preemptively but opted to go on w/ birth to allow their baby to suffer in pain with no cure is skewed.

The premise of thread is that quality of life is a private conversation. A sad and difficult conversation.

Why don't compassionate conservatives mention this as an exception?

Forum List

Back