Abortion Poll

Under Which Conditions Would You Support A Legal Abortion?

• Never, under no circumstances

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Never, except in cases of rape and incest

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Never, except in cases of rape/incest in the first trimester, any time afterward to save the mother

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • On demand for all, but only in the first trimester. Illegal after that.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • On demand for all, but only up to 20 weeks of gestation. Illegal after that.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • On demand for all, but only through the second trimester. Illegal after that.

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • On demand for all, right up to the end of the third trimester

Votes: 16 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The best option would have been require all republicans to be aborted.
But, more liberals are aborted. Mainly blacks, but keep it up between aborting blacks, and them shooting each other. They will be extinct soon.
In my time guarding the Planned Parenthood centers here i saw way more whites of conservative parents than blacks or libs.
What did you do ask them their political leanings on their way in to kill their baby? In New York a few years back, more black babies were aborted, than born.

It seems where emotional topics like abortion or gun control are concerned, it does not take long for the discussion to be controlled by extremists. Even level headed people feel pushed to the poles in defense of their positions.

I'd like to illustrate the wide spectrum of opinions, and I thought a poll would be the best way to do that.

Please select the option which comes closest to your feelings about abortion.

Thank you.

Why is "under current U.S. law per Roe v Wade" not an option?

State still get to decide on abortion restrictions as long as they don't over reach.

Again, we're mostly talking about abortions for POOR PEOPLE. That's the only real issue.

Any women with decent health insurance can go to her OBGYN who is on staff at a hospital and get an abortion.

The GOP has gone to great lengths to block abortions to poor people and low income women.

I don't see an option that fits me....my choice would be:

On demand through first trimester and second trimester (it's very rare then anyway). Only in certain cases for the third - mother's life or health in danger, severe fatal fetal deformaties.
I saw a report on abortion rights around the world. The US is one of only two countries that allows on demand abortion with no restrictions on stage of pregnancy.
And the only country that funds planned parenthood to keep the numbers of black babies down...……………..

Which is a lie.

On demand through first trimester and second trimester (it's very rare then anyway). Only in certain cases for the third - mother's life or health in danger, severe fatal fetal deformaties.
I saw a report on abortion rights around the world. The US is one of only two countries that allows on demand abortion with no restrictions on stage of pregnancy.
And the only country that funds planned parenthood to keep the numbers of black babies down...……………..

Which is a lie.
What other country funds planned parenthood and the majority of abortions are on black babies?

Be specific.

Yawn

I think that is because it's determined at the state level, not the federal level - each state sets it's limits so it's a complicated system.

State Policies on Later Abortions
Highlights
  • 43 states prohibit some abortions after a certain point in pregnancy.
    • 17 states impose prohibitions at fetal viability.
    • 2 states impose prohibitions in the third trimester.
    • 24 states impose prohibitions after a certain number of weeks; 17 of these states ban abortion at about 20 weeks post-fertilization or its equivalent of 22 weeks after the woman’s last menstrual period on the grounds that the fetus can feel pain at that point in gestation.
  • The circumstances under which later abortions are permitted vary from state to state.
    • 19 states permit later abortions to preserve the life or health of the woman.
    • 20 states unconstitutionally ban later abortions, except those performed to save the life or physical health of the woman.
    • 4 states unconstitutionally limit later abortions to those performed to save the life of the woman.
  • Some states require the involvement of a second physician when a later-term abortion is performed.
    • 14 states require that a second physician attend the procedure to treat a fetus if it is born alive in all or some circumstances.
    • 9 states unconstitutionally require that a second physician certify that the abortion is medically necessary in all or some circumstances.

Which is a lie.
What other country funds planned parenthood and the majority of abortions are on black babies?

Be specific.

Yawn

Correlation isn't causation. The demographics of abortion are complicated. Try again.

ff4d761ef23d0422240d53751d6af9aa.jpg

I think that is because it's determined at the state level, not the federal level - each state sets it's limits so it's a complicated system.

Highlights
    • 24 states impose prohibitions after a certain number of weeks; 17 of these states ban abortion at about 20 weeks post-fertilization or its equivalent of 22 weeks after the woman’s last menstrual period on the grounds that the fetus can feel pain at that point in gestation.
  • The circumstances under which later abortions are permitted vary from state to state.
    • 20 states unconstitutionally ban later abortions, except those performed to save the life or physical health of the woman.
    • 4 states unconstitutionally limit later abortions to those performed to save the life of the woman.
  • Some states require the involvement of a second physician when a later-term abortion is performed.
    • 14 states require that a second physician attend the procedure to treat a fetus if it is born alive in all or some circumstances.
    • 9 states unconstitutionally require that a second physician certify that the abortion is medically necessary in all or some circumstances.

Which is a lie.

Be specific.

Yawn

No answer huh

I voted for illegal except rape and incest. I believe that abortions should not be used as a method of birth control.

What about the life of the mother?
yes that includes saving the life of the mother.
Just to be clear my vote was for:
Never, except in cases of rape/incest in the first trimester, any time afterward to save the mother

It's interesting that 5 people voted "never" - meaning even if the mother is going to die - she still can't get an abortion.

Which is a lie.

Be specific.

Yawn

Correlation isn't causation. The demographics of abortion are complicated. Try again.

That is not an answer

Be specific.

Yawn

It seems where emotional topics like abortion or gun control are concerned, it does not take long for the discussion to be controlled by extremists. Even level headed people feel pushed to the poles in defense of their positions.

I'd like to illustrate the wide spectrum of opinions, and I thought a poll would be the best way to do that.

Thank you.
The only thing wrong with polls is that I always have a caveat.
You give the choices for # of weeks being legal and then say "all illegal after that." Abortion should not be illegal at any time when there is a serious medical reason for a termination.
The poll questions are limited in the number of characters allowed. Pick the option closest to your preference.

Highlights

Which is a lie.

Be specific.

Yawn

No answer huh

"and the only country that funds planned parenthood to keep the numbers of black babies down"

Can't answer a question based on false associations just to please you...

But the hell with it....

Nigeria....

The poll responses are limited in the number of characters allowed. The poll option closest to your preference is the second to last one.

Thank you.

Why is "under current U.S. law per Roe v Wade" not an option?
Second response from the bottom comes closest.

Most people don't even know what is allowed or not allowed by Roe v. Wade.

Quite a lot of people who call themselves "pro-choice" actually believe abortion should be illegal after the first trimester, which is in direct opposition to what is allowed by Roe V. Wade.

That is why I did not have a "Roe v. Wade" option on the poll.

Which is a lie.

Be specific.

Yawn

That is not an answer

Be specific.

Yawn

1- that’s a lie
2- as if u care about black babies

Forum List

Back