Abortion Poll

Under Which Conditions Would You Support A Legal Abortion?

• Never, under no circumstances

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Never, except in cases of rape and incest

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Never, except in cases of rape/incest in the first trimester, any time afterward to save the mother

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • On demand for all, but only in the first trimester. Illegal after that.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • On demand for all, but only up to 20 weeks of gestation. Illegal after that.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • On demand for all, but only through the second trimester. Illegal after that.

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • On demand for all, right up to the end of the third trimester

Votes: 16 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here is another poll...showing most Americans want to keep abortion leagal in most cases. The lowest support is legal in all or illegal in all cases. That means support for overturning Roe is unlikely to be high.

Abortion | Pew Research Center

Roe v. Wade should be overturned as the Constitutional abomination that it is. Abortion isn't in the Constitution, therefore it's a State power. But most States won't ban abortions, which is what the left constantly implies
Disagree. States dont have rights over my body.
Exactly.

The right to privacy prohibits the state from interfering in personal, private matters – such as whether to have a child or not.

Like our other rights, the right to privacy is inalienable – neither taken nor bestowed by any government, constitution, or man; and certainly not subject to ‘popular vote.’

Who will or will not have his right to privacy is not determined by the ‘will of the people’; the states have no authority to trample on citizens’ fundamental, inalienable right to privacy.

Authoritarian conservatives are hostile to the right to privacy, of course – it prohibits them from seeking to compel conformity and punishing dissent.

Here is another poll...showing most Americans want to keep abortion leagal in most cases. The lowest support is legal in all or illegal in all cases. That means support for overturning Roe is unlikely to be high.

Roe v. Wade should be overturned as the Constitutional abomination that it is. Abortion isn't in the Constitution, therefore it's a State power. But most States won't ban abortions, which is what the left constantly implies

We're talking about the Constitution. That's pretty damned obvious if you read the post.

As for owning your body, another leftist double standard. Can a woman chose to put drugs in her body? Gamble with her body? Prostitute her body? Can she sell body limbs? Have a baby for pay? Use her body to work for less than minimum wage?

These leftists standards from you people come and disappear as quickly as they came

In my opinion, if she wants to do1,2 or 3 it is her business unless it effects others. I don’t see legislators inserting themselves in a mans decision to have a vasectomy.

Exactly, for the rest, it's not her body, it's yours. It's not up to Socons when it's her body and when it isn't, it's up to you.

I say it is her body. But I'm not a hypocrite like you are

We're talking about the Constitution. That's pretty damned obvious if you read the post.

As for owning your body, another leftist double standard. Can a woman chose to put drugs in her body? Gamble with her body? Prostitute her body? Can she sell body limbs? Have a baby for pay? Use her body to work for less than minimum wage?

These leftists standards from you people come and disappear as quickly as they came

In my opinion, if she wants to do1,2 or 3 it is her business unless it effects others. I don’t see legislators inserting themselves in a mans decision to have a vasectomy.
That’s the nature of the inconsistent conservative and rightwing hypocrisy.

What the hell are you talking about? I said it's her body all the time. You and Coyote don't believe that. I had no hypocrisy like the two of you

Exactly, for the rest, it's not her body, it's yours. It's not up to Socons when it's her body and when it isn't, it's up to you.

Well...no. If you have a baby for pay you are selling a child.

Exactly.

The right to privacy prohibits the state from interfering in personal, private matters – such as whether to have a child or not.

Like our other rights, the right to privacy is inalienable – neither taken nor bestowed by any government, constitution, or man; and certainly not subject to ‘popular vote.’

Who will or will not have his right to privacy is not determined by the ‘will of the people’; the states have no authority to trample on citizens’ fundamental, inalienable right to privacy.

Authoritarian conservatives are hostile to the right to privacy, of course – it prohibits them from seeking to compel conformity and punishing dissent.

You're a complete idiot. First, you think I'm a socon. Second, you're so full of shit that you believe in any privacy from the Federal government. You support the IRS and incredible government intrusion into our privacy. Then you pick out one little thing that you believe in and ignore the huge gaping violations that you support

Well...no. If you have a baby for pay you are selling a child.

Not if it's their egg and sperm and you're just the host.

Note how you continue to pick limited rights you support out of the list and try to ignore that you don't believe it's her body for the rest

At least conservatives are consistent at being inconsistent.

Conservatives advocate for “states’ rights” and seek to afford states the authority to compel women to give birth against their will through force of law.

But when states enact Constitutional firearm regulatory measures conservatives don’t approve of, “states’ rights” goes out the window and rightists sprint to the nearest Federal court to file suit to have the ‘will of the people’ of that state invalidated by a Federal judge.

Which is it, conservatives – you can’t have it both ways.

At least conservatives are consistent at being inconsistent.

Conservatives advocate for “states’ rights” and seek to afford states the authority to compel women to give birth against their will through force of law.

But when states enact Constitutional firearm regulatory measures conservatives don’t approve of, “states’ rights” goes out the window and rightists sprint to the nearest Federal court to file suit to have the ‘will of the people’ of that state invalidated by a Federal judge.

Which is it, conservatives – you can’t have it both ways.

God you're stupid.

The discussion is what the Constitution says, Clayton. You're conflating what it says with what you think it should say.

You're admitting you read into the Constitution whatever you want it to say.

I'm pro-choice just like every other time we discussed abortion, stupid douche. But that doesn't mean that like you I'm willing to just say the Constitution says whatever I want it to say.

The protection on privacy is by far the most the 10th amendment. But you don't like the 10th amendment, it prevents us from building a welfare state. So you ignore that one. Then you have to create a right to privacy so you invent another one. That right to privacy is of course a government power rather than a limit on government

Forum List

Back