Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Immoral

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Only moral after....(specify)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
I think for the first 2 weeks it is moral, but from 2 to 6 weeks it is immoral, but from 6 weeks on it goes back to becoming moral again.
Really? You have no serious take on this?

I think for the first 2 weeks it is moral, but from 2 to 6 weeks it is immoral, but from 6 weeks on it goes back to becoming moral again.

Just mocking the indiscriminate ages that people justifying terminating life based on development.

Of course I'm against it.

Naturally, when the mother's life is on the line a decision should be made. So in some cases abortion should be allowed, just like someone shooting an intruder in their own house.

Using standard definitions, socially 'moral' in the legal sense - personally immoral. It is a barbaric medical procedure that dehumanizes the 'victim', much as slavery did, a tactic used by most of the worlds cruelest tyrants to justify mass murder and genocide.

Pregnancy - easiest of all STD's to avoid.
But not everyone in society feels it is moral. Does law equal societal morals?

What's you position, and why?

No Real God Would Be Cruel Enough to Want an Unwanted Child to Be Born

If I may violate Web Netiquette and inject reality into a pseudo-religious and opportunistic ideo-illogical debate typical of this immature medium, my own cousin almost had a nervous breakdown after he got his girlfriend pregnant. That was followed by a shotgun wedding and a short miserable marriage.

From a strictly moral point of view, once conception occurs we have a potential human life. It isn't a pimple or a tumor, it is the potential human life and therefore should have it's own right to live. One can argue about the mother's rights but it's hard to see why her rights supercede that of the unborn fetus. There are methods of contraception, I see nothing wrong or immoral with providing free contraception to preclude an unwanted pregnancy in the 1st place. But the sanctity of life itself is and ought to be the cornerstone of the morality of any society.

Does law equate to societal morals. NO. It equates to the attempts by the majority political party that is in power at a given moment to legislate their morality. Defining what society's morals are is somewhat difficult anyway, we don't agree on much of anything these days. Law seems to be a more a matter of politics than it does morality.

What's you position, and why?

No Real God Would Be Cruel Enough to Want an Unwanted Child to Be Born

If I may violate Web Netiquette and inject reality into a pseudo-religious and opportunistic ideo-illogical debate typical of this immature medium, my own cousin almost had a nervous breakdown after he got his girlfriend pregnant. That was followed by a shotgun wedding and a short miserable marriage.
What's wrong with adoption?

Everyone complains about our politicians and lawmakers and how corrupt they are, yet, we just accept what they pass and call it "moral code".... Help me to understand this

Abortion is not subjective.
The way you look at is. The process isnt. Duh lol

Ok fine but the way someone looks at it doesn't change facts and the facts mean there is no argument.
what facts?

The fact that abortion kills a human child.
What facts are there that say whether a fetus is a human?
Maybe it's a penguin ....

Everyone complains about our politicians and lawmakers and how corrupt they are, yet, we just accept what they pass and call it "moral code".... Help me to understand this

1. "we just accept what they pass" - no we don't. Most people did not accept the ACA when it was passed and still don't. Many don't want it repealed however, which is mostly cuz they want to know what happens with health care insurance in this country once the ACA is gone.

2. The dems called the ACA a 'moral code' but nobody else did. They declared HC to be a basic human right but there's a lot of dissent about that.

3. Legislating morality is a tough business, there'll always be somebody that disagrees with whatever was done. So who ultimately decides what us moral and what isn't? I got my ideas about that and you got yours and everyone else has theirs. But problems arise when one side says my morality is right and yours is wrong. And the other side says fuck you instad of working together to find some sort of common ground that most of us can accept at least for the time being.

The way you look at is. The process isnt. Duh lol

Ok fine but the way someone looks at it doesn't change facts and the facts mean there is no argument.
what facts?

The fact that abortion kills a human child.
What facts are there that say whether a fetus is a human?
Maybe it's a penguin ....
lol you little turd

Just mocking the indiscriminate ages that people justifying terminating life based on development.

Of course I'm against it.

Naturally, when the mother's life is on the line a decision should be made. So in some cases abortion should be allowed, just like someone shooting an intruder in their own house.
The Bullies' Pulpit

You're not being consistent with your bullying self-satisfying preaching. The only logical conclusion from your sadistic Puritanical dogma is that the "mother" has to die. That would be only negligent manslaughter, while aborting the "baby" would be first-degree murder.

The jews used to say a pregnant woman was full of water until day 40.
The bible also states Adam wasnt alive until god breathed into him. (nose maybe?)
JS

Immorality can only be defined by morality. That is, if one accepts something as being moral but does it anyway, they are acting immorally. Since SCOTUS, we now have new and upcoming generations that attach no moral significance to abortion. The proper term for this is amorality.

Using standard definitions, socially 'moral' in the legal sense - personally immoral. It is a barbaric medical procedure that dehumanizes the 'victim', much as slavery did, a tactic used by most of the worlds cruelest tyrants to justify mass murder and genocide.

What is barbaric is controlling our reproduction, what we allow to happen with our bodies. No one is saying you HAVE TO terminate an unwanted pregnancy if you don't believe in it. However, no one should be able to tell a woman that she MUST reproduce. The current relaxing of employers' duty to provide birth control coverage and the targeted attacks against Planned Parenthood are a double attack on women's right to choose.
Women know if they are ready, willing and able to commit to the enormous responsibility of being a parent. Each woman needs to be free to choose.

You know, it's really hard to label something as "moral" or "immoral". Why? Because everyone has a different belief system, and morals vary quite a bit from system to system, and culture to culture.

A really easy one, comparing Americans to Europeans. In America, it is considered "immoral" for a woman to walk down a beach topless. A lot of them think that the woman is "loose" or "immoral" for public nudity, even though guys walk around on beaches topless regularly.

However..................

In Europe, there is nothing immoral about a woman walking around topless. Matter of fact, damn near every beach that I've been to over in the Med and in South America is topless, and most women don't wear them. The Europeans don't have any hang ups about public nudity.

As far as abortion? Well, my belief is that a baby isn't really "alive" until it draws it's first breath. In the Bible, it states that Adam and Eve weren't really alive until God breathed the breath of Life into them, so, I'll take God's example for when a human is "alive".

And..............when you stop breathing, you no longer are alive.

What is barbaric is controlling our reproduction, what we allow to happen with our bodies. No one is saying you HAVE TO terminate an unwanted pregnancy if you don't believe in it. However, no one should be able to tell a woman that she MUST reproduce. The current relaxing of employers' duty to provide birth control coverage and the targeted attacks against Planned Parenthood are a double attack on women's right to choose.
Women know if they are ready, willing and able to commit to the enormous responsibility of being a parent. Each woman needs to be free to choose.

Which is more "moral", allowing a woman to terminate a pregnancy that she is not prepared for emotionally, or financially, or is it more "moral" to make that same woman have the child and force her into a life of poverty?

I agree with Old Lady. A woman should be the one to choose if she's able to have the child or not.

And...............telling people to simply not have sex is a non starter. Why? Because reproduction is a basic survival response, and to go against that is to go against human nature.

But not everyone in society feels it is moral. Does law equal societal morals?

It does...unless changed, modified. That's what a societies moral code is, the law. Even when the sides are as clearly divided as they are. It is the age old question - because the right to do something exists, is it right to do that thing? Which is all that we are left with when what is legal is considered barbaric...that, and taking a stand. Similar situation with the death penalty. Also justifiable by proponents, also considered barbaric by opponents.

Well, keep your legs closed. Most protection works, but let's be honest, most abortions are from careless sex

Forum List

Back