Abortion doctor charged with killing 7 babies

DA: Pa. abortion doc killed 7 babies with scissors

Basically, a doctor was taking live babies, who didn't die during the attempted abortion, and stuck scissors in their spines to kill them off. He's being charged with murder.

Funny. He shoulda moved his practice to Illinois, where President Barack Hussein Obama, as a state senator, voted IN FAVOR of allowing this practice to continue in his state, of killing by neglect a live, out of womb baby that survived an abortion.

So basically, Obama voted in favor of allowing a practice that is being tried as murder in Pennsylvania. Says a lot about the man.

Yes, it does. Remember this is the same man who said we could "absorb" future terrorist attacks, so didn't need to worry about increased security...

Prosecutors allege the babies were born alive following illegal late-term abortions and killed with scissors

Abortion doctor charged with killing 7 babies - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 33 minutes ago 2011-01-19T16:34:41

A Philadelphia abortion doctor has been charged with eight counts of murder in the deaths of a woman patient and seven babies that prosecutors say were born alive and then killed with scissors.

The charges against Dr. Kermit Gosnell follow a long grand jury investigation.

District Attorney Seth Williams said state regulators ignored complaints and failed to visit the clinic since 1993.

Williams said the women were subjected to squalid and barbaric conditions at Gosnell's Women's Medical Society, which was shut down last year.

Gosnell has been named in at least 10 malpractice suits, including one over the death of a woman who died of sepsis and a perforated uterus.

Late-term procedures
A local CBS station reported that Gosnell's wife and eight other people also were under arrest.

It said the deaths occurred following illegal late-term abortions.

The broadcaster said warrants were served late Tuesday or early Wednesday and all the suspects were being held in jail.

It said four of the suspects were facing multiple murder counts.

In addition, Gosnell was the subject of a federal grand jury investigation relating to the illegal prescribing of prescription drugs, CBS said.

Some $240,000 in cash had been found when his house was searched, the station said, citing investigators.

It added that Gosnell had previously insisted he was innocent of any crimes and predicted he would be acquitted if he was charged

I wasn't sure where to put this. Law, Religion, Politics, don't know.
Aside from that, I have no comment on this (I'm stunned). I thought everyone should know.

An update, thanks to USMB member Chanel

DA: West Philadelphia abortion doctor killed 7 babies with scissors | 6abc.com

Gosnell, 69, was arrested and charged with eight counts of murder in all. Nine of Gosnell's employees - including his wife, a cosmetologist who authorities say performed abortions - also were charged.

Prosecutors said Gosnell made millions of dollars over three decades performing thousands of dangerous abortions, many of them illegal late-term procedures. His clinic had no trained nurses or medical staff other than Gosnell, a family physician not certified in obstetrics or gynecology, prosecutors said.

This just gets better and better.
took a lot to spin this as EVIDENCE against legal abortion ,these were illegal acts by ONE doctor and some of his employees .

hello is there anybody at home .

might as well say the illegal acts of SOME priests against children counts as evidence against ALL CATHOLIC PRIESTS

Last edited:
I don't believe anyone said that. But there very well could be more:

In an Associated Press report by Patrick Walters yesterday afternoon, the following two reasons were offered as to why the Philadelphia abortion "clinic" operated by Dr. Kermit Gosnell, who was arrested and charged earlier this week "with murdering seven babies and one woman who went to him for an abortion," had not been inspected since 1993:

* Democratic former Governor Ed Rendell, who left office on Tuesday after eight year's as Keystone State chief executive, claimed that officials at the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH), in the AP's words, "didn't think its authority extended to abortion clinics."
* The grand jury indictment of Dr. Gosnell says that DOH "decided, for political reasons, to stop inspecting abortion clinics at all."

AP Philly Abortion Clinic Story Gives Rendell a Pass, Misses Serious Error in Grand Jury Timeline

The argument by both departments that they didn’t think their jurisdiction extended to abortion clinics is a bald-faced lie. They knew full well that they had the authority to conduct investigations and to prosecute violations. They just didn’t want to do it. As the grand jury concluded, the neglect by both DoH and DoS for “abortion patients’ safety and of Pennsylvania laws is clearly not inadvertent: It is by design.”

Gosnell and his staff of ghouls face criminal prosecution for their crimes. Corbett and his team should pursue charges against public officials for gross dereliction of duty — and start checking to see how many more Gosnells are operating charnel houses in the Keystone State with impunity because of it.

Corbett demands probe of failure to regulate abortion clinics in Pennsylvania Hot Air

Prosecutors allege the babies were born alive following illegal late-term abortions and killed with scissors

Abortion doctor charged with killing 7 babies - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

A Philadelphia abortion doctor has been charged with eight counts of murder in the deaths of a woman patient and seven babies that prosecutors say were born alive and then killed with scissors.

District Attorney Seth Williams said state regulators ignored complaints and failed to visit the clinic since 1993.

Williams said the women were subjected to squalid and barbaric conditions at Gosnell's Women's Medical Society, which was shut down last year.

Gosnell has been named in at least 10 malpractice suits, including one over the death of a woman who died of sepsis and a perforated uterus.

Late-term procedures
A local CBS station reported that Gosnell's wife and eight other people also were under arrest.

The broadcaster said warrants were served late Tuesday or early Wednesday and all the suspects were being held in jail.

In addition, Gosnell was the subject of a federal grand jury investigation relating to the illegal prescribing of prescription drugs, CBS said.

Some $240,000 in cash had been found when his house was searched, the station said, citing investigators.

It added that Gosnell had previously insisted he was innocent of any crimes and predicted he would be acquitted if he was charged

Aside from that, I have no comment on this (I'm stunned). I thought everyone should know.

Gosnell, 69, was arrested and charged with eight counts of murder in all. Nine of Gosnell's employees - including his wife, a cosmetologist who authorities say performed abortions - also were charged.

Prosecutors said Gosnell made millions of dollars over three decades performing thousands of dangerous abortions, many of them illegal late-term procedures. His clinic had no trained nurses or medical staff other than Gosnell, a family physician not certified in obstetrics or gynecology, prosecutors said.

took a lot to spin this as EVIDENCE against legal abortion ,these were illegal acts by ONE doctor and some of his employees .

might as well say the illegal acts of SOME priests against children counts as evidence against ALL CATHOLIC PRIESTS

I didn't spin anything.

And you know as well as I do that many people hold the entire church responsible for the actions of a few.

I put this up b/c there are people out there that have no concern for human life.

I think only the gun debate brings out the same level of hostility and inability to compromise as the abortion debate does. Those who support abortion on demand hold the same line in the sand mentaility that proponents of personal gun ownership do, in which they see any attempt to regulate or restrict as a stepping stone to total banning. Therefore they fight tooth and nail any form of regulation.

What happened here is a case of a state being too chickenshit to impose regulations that in ANY other type of medical facility would not only be standard, but would be considered so rudimentary that any competent phyiscian who saw there absense would immidiately correct the deficiencies before continuing his practice.

Instead the regulators were so scared of a poltical backlash they basically just ignored the issues.

I have no real dog in the abortion debate hunt. I can see the point of those against it, but that is balanced against my view of rule of law, as well as a secular state. That being said I find roe v. wade to be crap constitutional law, due to its finding of a right to abortion out of thin air.
They didnt find the right to abort out of thin air .they used the 14th amendment

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973),[1] was a landmark although controversial decision by the United States Supreme Court on the issue of abortion. The Court decided that a right to privacy under the due process clause in the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution extends to a woman's decision to have an abortion, but that right must be balanced against the state's two legitimate interests for regulating abortions: protecting prenatal life and protecting the mother's health. Saying that these state interests become stronger over the course of a pregnancy, the Court resolved this balancing test by tying state regulation of abortion to the mother's current trimester of pregnancy.

pretty fair decision i think they are there as the 3rd branch of govt to define the interpret the constitution .
they left room for states (which is where the power was given to by the foundling fathers ) to regulate according to the trimester .

the federal govt should have NO place in deciding abortion rights

I think only the gun debate brings out the same level of hostility and inability to compromise as the abortion debate does. Those who support abortion on demand hold the same line in the sand mentaility that proponents of personal gun ownership do, in which they see any attempt to regulate or restrict as a stepping stone to total banning. Therefore they fight tooth and nail any form of regulation.

What happened here is a case of a state being too chickenshit to impose regulations that in ANY other type of medical facility would not only be standard, but would be considered so rudimentary that any competent phyiscian who saw there absense would immidiately correct the deficiencies before continuing his practice.

Instead the regulators were so scared of a poltical backlash they basically just ignored the issues.

I have no real dog in the abortion debate hunt. I can see the point of those against it, but that is balanced against my view of rule of law, as well as a secular state. That being said I find roe v. wade to be crap constitutional law, due to its finding of a right to abortion out of thin air.
They didnt find the right to abort out of thin air .they used the 14th amendment

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973),[1] was a landmark although controversial decision by the United States Supreme Court on the issue of abortion. The Court decided that a right to privacy under the due process clause in the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution extends to a woman's decision to have an abortion, but that right must be balanced against the state's two legitimate interests for regulating abortions: protecting prenatal life and protecting the mother's health. Saying that these state interests become stronger over the course of a pregnancy, the Court resolved this balancing test by tying state regulation of abortion to the mother's current trimester of pregnancy.

pretty fair decision i think they are there as the 3rd branch of govt to define the interpret the constitution .
they left room for states (which is where the power was given to by the foundling fathers ) to regulate according to the trimester .

Worth repeating.

Which is why Roe v. Wade is a joke.

Find me the word abortion in the constitution, hell, find me the right to "privacy." The fact is you cant. Roe V. Wade created a right twice removed from whatever basis they found for it. How one goes from equal protection to saying a medical procedure is a constitutional right is beyond me.

Seven babies and one mother allegedly died at hands of 69-year-old
These are the first pictures of the employees charged alongside abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell for their part in his ‘House of Horrors’ clinic murder investigation.

Gosnell, 69, has been charged with murdering seven newborn babies and a 41-year-old mother in botched operations that resulted in ‘barbaric’ killings at his Philadelphia practice.

He was assisted by nine under-trained - sometimes untrained - people at the Women’s Medical Society and they have also been charged with various crimes; four with murder.

Read more: Pictured: The eight women charged alongside 'House of Horrors' abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell | Mail Online

article-0-0CD8B106000005DC-982_196x353.jpg

article-0-0CD8B06A000005DC-134_196x353.jpg

article-0-0CD8B066000005DC-191_196x353.jpg

Lynda Williams, 42, who allegedly performed operations and gave anesthesia without a license, faces with multiple murder charges.

Unlicensed Adrienne Moten, 33, is charged with the murder of a baby.
Sherry West, 54, is charged with third-degree murder.
Gosnell's 49-year-old wife Pearl is charged with illegal abortion and conspiracy.

Elizabeth Hampton, the doctor's sister-in-law, is charged perjury and obstruction of justice.
The other clinic employees facing charges are unlicensed medical school graduate Eileen O'Neil, 54, who is charged with theft by deception, conspiracy and perjury, while clinic manager Maddline Joe, 53, faces accusations of conspiracy.

Tina Baldwin, 45, is charged with racketeering, conspiracy and corruption of a minor, having allegedly allowed her 15-year-old daughter to administer anesthesia.
A ninth defendant, Steven Masoof, 48, is yet to be arraigned but is expected to face baby murder charges.

Read more: Pictured: The eight women charged alongside 'House of Horrors' abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell | Mail Online

Pictured: The eight women charged alongside 'House of Horrors' abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell | Mail Online

"Hired Killers"

Where are all those pro-abortionists supporting this "hero of women's choice"?
Where are all those that claim the "growths" aren't really babies?
Is this evidence to clear to spin?

Just being pro-choice does not mean supporting illegal abortion factories performing late-term abortions.

But this is an example of the type of abortion facilities that women will turn to if Roe v Wade is ever over-turned.

So how are you "justifying" this? We were told having abortion "legal" would stop this type of thing from happening. Was all that a lie?
How does that statement make this any better?
Legal abortion just makes it legal to hire "killers".

Where are all those pro-abortionists supporting this "hero of women's choice"?
Where are all those that claim the "growths" aren't really babies?
Is this evidence to clear to spin?

Just being pro-choice does not mean supporting illegal abortion factories performing late-term abortions.

But this is an example of the type of abortion facilities that women will turn to if Roe v Wade is ever over-turned.

So how are you "justifying" this? We were told having abortion "legal" would stop this type of thing from happening. Was all that a lie?

Except it's NOT legal, which is why these people are being charged with murder.

Shame this didn't stay on topic.

This is about the murder of new born babies, not abortion.

Try to think of what it takes to slide scissors into a crying infant to kill it.

Think about that.

I don't see a difference. The killing of a baby before it is out of the womb is very similar to killing one that is just born. Only the senses of the "killer" are more attuned to the death after the birth. Legal abortion is a deceit that has been "indoctrinated" on our society. If those babies had been killed 5 minutes earlier, it would have been with the full support of the law. That is the pro-abortion fact.

Late-term procedures

This doctor committed murder. All abortion doctors committ murder (it just happens to be "legal"). There is a huge difference.

That is great. The states can "decide" when to murder (legally).

Except it's NOT legal, which is why these people are being charged with murder.

Yes, that is the point.... if the "doctor" had killed these children minutes earlier (before they were free of the mother), most of you would be screaming that it was "her right" to have these same children killed. Because you are aware the children cried, now, suddenly, it bothers you. How different are you from the ones that kill the children?

Forum List

Back