Abortion doctor charged with killing 7 babies

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Prosecutors allege the babies were born alive following illegal late-term abortions and killed with scissors

Abortion doctor charged with killing 7 babies - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 33 minutes ago 2011-01-19T16:34:41

A Philadelphia abortion doctor has been charged with eight counts of murder in the deaths of a woman patient and seven babies that prosecutors say were born alive and then killed with scissors.

The charges against Dr. Kermit Gosnell follow a long grand jury investigation.

District Attorney Seth Williams said state regulators ignored complaints and failed to visit the clinic since 1993.

Williams said the women were subjected to squalid and barbaric conditions at Gosnell's Women's Medical Society, which was shut down last year.

Gosnell has been named in at least 10 malpractice suits, including one over the death of a woman who died of sepsis and a perforated uterus.

Late-term procedures
A local CBS station reported that Gosnell's wife and eight other people also were under arrest.

It said the deaths occurred following illegal late-term abortions.

The broadcaster said warrants were served late Tuesday or early Wednesday and all the suspects were being held in jail.

It said four of the suspects were facing multiple murder counts.

In addition, Gosnell was the subject of a federal grand jury investigation relating to the illegal prescribing of prescription drugs, CBS said.

Some $240,000 in cash had been found when his house was searched, the station said, citing investigators.

It added that Gosnell had previously insisted he was innocent of any crimes and predicted he would be acquitted if he was charged

I wasn't sure where to put this. Law, Religion, Politics, don't know.
Aside from that, I have no comment on this (I'm stunned). I thought everyone should know.

An update, thanks to USMB member Chanel

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7906881

Gosnell, 69, was arrested and charged with eight counts of murder in all. Nine of Gosnell's employees - including his wife, a cosmetologist who authorities say performed abortions - also were charged.

Prosecutors said Gosnell made millions of dollars over three decades performing thousands of dangerous abortions, many of them illegal late-term procedures. His clinic had no trained nurses or medical staff other than Gosnell, a family physician not certified in obstetrics or gynecology, prosecutors said.

This just gets better and better.

Last edited:
Where are all those pro-abortionists supporting this "hero of women's choice"?
Where are all those that claim the "growths" aren't really babies?
Is this evidence to clear to spin?

Is this evidence too clear to spin?

Way to miss the point. :puke:

How so?

Logical4u asked a question. Where are all those people that support "choice" only when it is used in this context?

My personal answer to that is that most of them will not defend this man. They will correctly state the difference between an abortion and the killing of a born human being and they will deem these murders to be barbaric... if they actually occurred. I would ask them, however, what is the difference between the born human being at the point of insertion of the scissors and what he/she was maybe five minutes before?

This story is barbaric and if those facts are correct then I pray Mr. Grosnell will spend a hell of a long time in prison as a serial killer. But, first the facts of the case need to come out.

Immie

How so?

Logical4u asked a question. Where are all those people that support "choice" only when it is used in this context?

My personal answer to that is that most of them will not defend this man. They will correctly state the difference between an abortion and the killing of a born human being and they will deem these murders to be barbaric... if they actually occurred. I would ask them, however, what is the difference between the born human being at the point of insertion of the scissors and what he/she was maybe five minutes before?

This story is barbaric and if those facts are correct then I pray Mr. Grosnell will spend a hell of a long time in prison as a serial killer. But, first the facts of the case need to come out.

Immie

Yeah, he asked where are they and so...Here I am, a pro-choice woman who is equally disgusted...Go figure.

This doctor was attempting to perform an ILLEGAL procedure and failed, which prompted the next illegal and disgusting act that followed...

Logical4U calls that "evidence" to spin? :doubt:

Talk about politicizing a tragedy...I find HIS "spin" disgusting as well.

Yeah, that's sorta like calling Jared Loughner a 2nd Amendment hero, right...? :doubt:

How so?

Immie

Yeah, he asked where are they and so...Here I am, a pro-choice woman who is equally disgusted...Go figure.

This doctor was attempting to perform an ILLEGAL procedure and failed, which prompted the next illegal and disgusting act that followed...

Yeah..what a creep the guy is...if this is true he clearly is a murderer.

How so?

Immie

Where are you coming up with the idea that the abortion was an illegal procedure? From what I see in the OP, the abortion was a legal procedure. The doctor failed to complete the abortion properly and then committed murder when he inserted the scissors into the brains of the child.

Immie

How so?

Immie

I AM NOT!!! ;)

I may be a creep, but I am by no means a murderer!

Immie

The first line of the OP:

Prosecutors allege the babies were born alive following illegal late-term abortions and killed with scissors

I AM NOT!!! ;)

I may be a creep, but I am by no means a murderer!

Immie

:lol: You know I love ya, Immie!

IF it's true, then the man is a murderer.

This is why we need very, very clear laws pertaining to late term abortion. While I, personally, am pro life.... I will not tell others what to do. But, to me, once a child can survive outside the mother's womb, it is murder to take that child's life.

Last edited:
The first line of the OP:

Thanks, I missed that. I was focusing on the brutal murders not the abortions... then again, some would say all abortions are brutal murders.

Immie

Sorry Valerie.

I've come back a few times, and each time I read this my head starts spinning. I simply can't fathom the icy depths this person reguard life from.

I just keep seeing my own babies, wailing on a table, crying out for help the only way they know how.
Then a snipping sound
Then silence

If he's guilty no punishment can fit this crime.

Sorry Valerie.

I've come back a few times, and each time I read this my head starts spinning. I simply can't fathom the icy depths this person reguard life from.

I just keep seeing my own babies, wailing on a table, crying out for help the only way they know how.
Then a snipping sound
Then silence

If he's guilty no punishment can fit this crime.

The fact is, though, that it seems that both Valerie and Ravi, who are both pro-choice, seem to agree in that regard or maybe not to the ultimate degree that you do, but at least to the point that if these facts are correct, this is murder and the abortionist should be punished.

Immie

Forum List

Back