Abortion doctor charged with killing 7 babies

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Two Thumbs, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    Prosecutors allege the babies were born alive following illegal late-term abortions and killed with scissors

Abortion doctor charged with killing 7 babies - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
    msnbc.com staff and news service reports
    updated 33 minutes ago 2011-01-19T16:34:41

A Philadelphia abortion doctor has been charged with eight counts of murder in the deaths of a woman patient and seven babies that prosecutors say were born alive and then killed with scissors.

The charges against Dr. Kermit Gosnell follow a long grand jury investigation.

District Attorney Seth Williams said state regulators ignored complaints and failed to visit the clinic since 1993.

Williams said the women were subjected to squalid and barbaric conditions at Gosnell's Women's Medical Society, which was shut down last year.

Gosnell has been named in at least 10 malpractice suits, including one over the death of a woman who died of sepsis and a perforated uterus.

Late-term procedures
    A local CBS station reported that Gosnell's wife and eight other people also were under arrest.

It said the deaths occurred following illegal late-term abortions.

The broadcaster said warrants were served late Tuesday or early Wednesday and all the suspects were being held in jail.

It said four of the suspects were facing multiple murder counts.

In addition, Gosnell was the subject of a federal grand jury investigation relating to the illegal prescribing of prescription drugs, CBS said.

Some $240,000 in cash had been found when his house was searched, the station said, citing investigators.

It added that Gosnell had previously insisted he was innocent of any crimes and predicted he would be acquitted if he was charged

I wasn't sure where to put this. Law, Religion, Politics, don't know.
    Aside from that, I have no comment on this (I'm stunned). I thought everyone should know.

An update, thanks to USMB member Chanel

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7906881

Gosnell, 69, was arrested and charged with eight counts of murder in all. Nine of Gosnell's employees - including his wife, a cosmetologist who authorities say performed abortions - also were charged.

Prosecutors said Gosnell made millions of dollars over three decades performing thousands of dangerous abortions, many of them illegal late-term procedures. His clinic had no trained nurses or medical staff other than Gosnell, a family physician not certified in obstetrics or gynecology, prosecutors said.

This just gets better and better.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  2. logical4u

logical4u citizen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +543
    Where are all those pro-abortionists supporting this "hero of women's choice"?
    Where are all those that claim the "growths" aren't really babies?
    Is this evidence to clear to spin?

3. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    what part of illegal eludes you?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    I don't disagree with abortions but you would have be stone cold to be an abortion doctor.

5. Valerie

Valerie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,295

Way to miss the point. :puke:

6. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    How so?

Logical4u asked a question. Where are all those people that support "choice" only when it is used in this context?

My personal answer to that is that most of them will not defend this man. They will correctly state the difference between an abortion and the killing of a born human being and they will deem these murders to be barbaric... if they actually occurred. I would ask them, however, what is the difference between the born human being at the point of insertion of the scissors and what he/she was maybe five minutes before?

This story is barbaric and if those facts are correct then I pray Mr. Grosnell will spend a hell of a long time in prison as a serial killer. But, first the facts of the case need to come out.

Immie

7. Valerie

Valerie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,295

Yeah, he asked where are they and so...Here I am, a pro-choice woman who is equally disgusted...Go figure.

This doctor was attempting to perform an ILLEGAL procedure and failed, which prompted the next illegal and disgusting act that followed...

Logical4U calls that "evidence" to spin? :doubt:

Talk about politicizing a tragedy...I find HIS "spin" disgusting as well.

8. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    So if a baby does survive an abortion, what happens? the doctor is supposed to save the child?

9. Valerie

Valerie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,295
    Where are all those pro-abortionists supporting this "hero of women's choice"?

Yeah, that's sorta like calling Jared Loughner a 2nd Amendment hero, right...? :doubt:

10. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Legally... yes.

Ethically... some will argue that they should finish the job.

Immie