Abortion as art thing was a scam

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Our schools have gone to hell. Has liberalism allowed our society to become so depraved, so callous about life, that a top university would even allow this sick insanity to surface?

Yale Art Student Claims She Used Blood Samples, Video of Self-Induced Abortions for Senior Project

A Yale student who claims she artificially inseminated herself "as often as possible" and then took drugs to induce miscarriages for her senior art project says she will showcase the stomach-turning display next week — complete with her own blood samples and videos from the terminated possible pregnancies.

The story of art major Aliza Shvarts' upcoming exhibit, which the Yale Daily News broke Thursday, has sparked widespread disgust and outrage.

"It’s clearly depraved. I think the poor woman has got some major mental problems," said National Right to Life Committee President Wanda Franz. "She’s a serial killer. This is just a horrible thought."

Critics on campus have said the display sounds like a shock-and-awe look at the highly sensitive issue of abortion and called it a sick stunt to get attention. The abortion-rights group NARAL Pro-Choice America also condemned the exhibit.

"This 'project' is offensive and insensitive to the women who have suffered the heartbreak of miscarriage," said NARAL's communication director Ted Miller in a statement.

But Shvarts said the goal of the project is to encourage debate and discussion about the connection between art and the human body.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351608,00.html

http://yaledailynews.com/storymin.html

Our schools have gone to hell. Has liberalism allowed our society to become so depraved, so callous about life, that a top university would even allow this sick insanity to surface?

The claim is sick, but dubious:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzU2ZjQxNTNmODc4NzA2ODdkYzBhYjQ4ZTUwM2IwNGE=

re: Brave New Exhibitionism [Yuval Levin]

Color me dubious about the Yale art project story. In talking to a few knowledgeable docs this morning, the facts don’t add up very well. Self-insemination of the sort she seems to be claiming is no easy feat, and “herbal” abortifacients are extremely dangerous and not at all reliably effective. It’s highly unlikely that these two improbable elements would both be carried off successfully multiple times, and with no side effects. It’s more likely that her senior art project is to see how many people she can upset with a hoax.

If it’s a hoax, it’s an abhorrent and disgusting one. If it turns out to be true, it’s of course all the more so and far worse. Either way, where are the adults at Yale?

04/17 12:06 PM

http://www.yale.edu/opa/

Statement by Helaine S. Klasky — Yale University, Spokesperson

New Haven, Conn. — April 17, 2008

Ms. Shvarts is engaged in performance art. Her art project includes visual representations, a press release and other narrative materials. She stated to three senior Yale University officials today, including two deans, that she did not impregnate herself and that she did not induce any miscarriages. The entire project is an art piece, a creative fiction designed to draw attention to the ambiguity surrounding form and function of a woman’s body.

She is an artist and has the right to express herself through performance art.

Had these acts been real, they would have violated basic ethical standards and raised serious mental and physical health concerns.

Hoax? an interesting one as it brings out the idiocy of some people on a number of levels, their naivety and their wonderful ability to find the cause right there in front of them. Some one needs to bring back devils and witches as born of another time Screaming would be pointing at them.

Let's hope it is a hoax; that is the less tragic of the two probable outcomes.

Since you painted liberals with a single broad brush, I'm assuming you missed or failed to comprehend the following quote in your post: "The abortion-rights group NARAL Pro-Choice America also condemned the exhibit." Perhaps your post would be more useful with less screaming, and a little extra reflection.

PS: I like midcan5's idea to bring back witchcraft trials. With the restoration of torture as an interrogation method, we can resume the proven methods of dealing with them. As I've written elsewhere, "Thank God we dunked witches; otherwise, they would have gotten away with it."

My question is this.....

Was she lying when she said she DID give herself injections and performing miscarriages to self abort. Or was she lying when she said it was just a hoax in the name of art.

Either way she is a liar.

While technically not a conspiracy theory, the preponderance of evidence points to a hoax, and a distasteful one at that. This person is just going for shock effect.

Finally, we agree on something Gunny.

Personally, I blame the corporate contolled media. If I can find a way to pin it on Bush, I'll let you know.

While technically not a conspiracy theory, the preponderance of evidence points to a hoax, and a distasteful one at that. This person is just going for shock effect.

It's interesting how bonafide news articles from the mainstream news are getting shoved into the backroom here....

Personally I didn't know I had to determine whether or not a bonafide news article from the mainstream news - not to mention an article from Yale - was a "hoax" or not before posting it in the general news section.

And even if it is a "hoax"....the fact that it happened at one of the most prestigious schools in the world is worthy news in itself...

How can one "fall" for it when it was reported in the Yale Daily News? This is not high school but supposedly one of the most prestigious schools on the planet. This report was picked up in good faith by the mainstream media.

In fact, the question still remains as to whether or not it is a hoax. According to this Fox report the student insists that her project is real and the university is just protecting its reputation.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351730,00.html

In any case I still say our schools have gone to hell. How did this project even get this far in the first place? Where the hell was the art professor in this art project process? If false, then what about the Yale Daily News and their journalistic practices? Is this another example of the inmates running the asylum? Whether or not a hoax, you still have an art department or a journalism department running amuck. This is extremely disgraceful and for a top university they lose either way you look at it.

yea, I dunno if anyone should be acting like the rest of us shouldn't have taken Lassies word that timmy fell down a well given the wide range of stupid shit people do for national attention.

I have to say, she deserves to be expelled. trying to simply illicit a reaction is the basest form of art. If conveys her lack of talent otherwise that bullshit hoaxes is all she could manage to create.

It's interesting how bonafide news articles from the mainstream news are getting shoved into the backroom here....

Personally I didn't know I had to determine whether or not a bonafide news article from the mainstream news - not to mention an article from Yale - was a "hoax" or not before posting it in the general news section.

And even if it is a "hoax"....the fact that it happened at one of the most prestigious schools in the world is worthy news in itself...

Well, we don't have a "Just Plain Bullshit" Forum or I'd have put it there.:cool:

Forum List

Back