ABORTION and MEDICARE

Should US National Health Care (Medicare) pay for ABORTION

• Yes - it's legal and is a medical procedure

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • No - it is a crime

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In cases of threat to life or health of mother, or in cases of rape / incest, it should be covered.

And already is, and that's not the issue at hand, so stop with the craven hiding behind the skirts of victims.

Huh?

:lol:

Every time the subject of abortion comes up, you tweekos run and hide behind, "What about rape victims?! What about incest?! What about sick women?!" as though you really believe all abortions are due to those hard cases, or that those are the abortions anyone's talking about. It's bullshit, and it's cowardly.

Medicare is a government controlled benefit program. It has rules to follow according to the law. Equal representation UNDER the law is a tenet of our Constitution. So yes, if the law says legal procedures are covered under Medicare, and as abortion is a legal procedure, then Medicare is legally required to cover it. It really isn't that complicated.

You fucking idiot. Medicare pays for the elderly, who aren't having abortions since they aren't eligible until they're 65, and the DISABLED.

That's it. I guess the disabled should be able to get abortions, if clinics will take their medicare cards. And hey that puts us right where the lefties want us...butchering the babies of substandards.

The OP is from Canada (I think); he's using the term 'medicare' to describe a universal health care system, not Medicare as we currently have here now.

So is the OP talking about Canadian politics or American?

One wishes that those of different nationalities who wish to lead us down the paths of universal medical coverage would first educate themselves about our system.

And already is, and that's not the issue at hand, so stop with the craven hiding behind the skirts of victims.

Huh?

Every time the subject of abortion comes up, you tweekos run and hide behind, "What about rape victims?! What about incest?! What about sick women?!" as though you really believe all abortions are due to those hard cases, or that those are the abortions anyone's talking about. It's bullshit, and it's cowardly.

It's the only argument that is acceptable, and they know it.

Even though endangered women/victims of rape/incest count for less than 1/100th of 1 percent of all abortions performed.

You fucking idiot. Medicare pays for the elderly, who aren't having abortions since they aren't eligible until they're 65, and the DISABLED.

That's it. I guess the disabled should be able to get abortions, if clinics will take their medicare cards. And hey that puts us right where the lefties want us...butchering the babies of substandards.

The OP is from Canada (I think); he's using the term 'medicare' to describe a universal health care system, not Medicare as we currently have here now.

So is the OP talking about Canadian politics or American?

One wishes that those of different nationalities who wish to lead us down the paths of universal medical coverage would first educate themselves about our system.

THIS one wishes that those of different nationalities would mind their own frigging business. Do we join THEIR message boards and try to tell them how to run their countries? What's it to them?

Huh?

I'm not hiding behind anything. Those are rare, and I've never said I "believe all abortions are due to those hard cases" and I dare you to find a post of mine that even comes close to that. But "rare" doesn't mean a goddamned thing when it happens to you or someone you love. It sure as hell didn't when our family came too damned close to having to make that decision, and these holier-than-thou types who feel they can belittle these cases as "rare" piss me off. Fuck them. I actually had an asshole attack me for saying I was prepared to make that decision to save my daughter, telling me I should have let her die to save the baby. As much as I love my grandson, I was not going to sacrifice MY baby to save her unborn child and at a point he would not have survived in any case.

Last edited:
Call it what you like - universal care, Obamacare, medicare, health care, insurance care, rip-off care, I don't care. You people go bankrupt when you get sick - WE DON'T. God bless OBAMA for he along with the USSC will end the American Health Insurance Farce.

Forum List

Back