Abortion and birth control: Crazy sexy stupid

Hormones trump abstinence way too often for it to be a realistic policy.

Finally someone that fuckin gets it! I mean Jesus have any of you clowns ever been 16, 17 or 18 before in your lifes? for most teenagers when they end up in a room with a horny female who wants to get it in, that abstinenance garbage gets thrown right out the window. The best thing is contraceptives so they won't get a disease or another teen pregnancy.

Abstinence only education is perpetuated by religious zealots who think it's against god's will (or some equally stupid reason) to teach kids about practicing safe sex with condoms and/or birth control. These fruitcakes even criticize masturbation, for fucks sake.

I hate to break it to these sexually repressed lost souls, however sex and masturbation are normal animalistic functions. You won't go blind. You won't grow hair on your palms. Your genitals, in fact, will not fall off if you stick it into the one of many acceptable orifices. It's an awful hindrance to a teenager's well-being to tell him/her that lascivious urges are immoral and sacrilegious. It's abhorrent.

"Safe sex" is nonexistent outside of lifelong monogamous partners. Neither my religion nor the sex "education" programs told me that. However the religious belief that lifelong monogamy is best is closer to reality than some false concept of "safe sex" without monogamy.

Abstinence only education is perpetuated by religious zealots who think it's against god's will (or some equally stupid reason) to teach kids about practicing safe sex with condoms and/or birth control. These fruitcakes even criticize masturbation, for fucks sake.

I hate to break it to these sexually repressed lost souls, however sex and masturbation are normal animalistic functions. You won't go blind. You won't grow hair on your palms. Your genitals, in fact, will not fall off if you stick it into the one of many acceptable orifices. It's an awful hindrance to a teenager's well-being to tell him/her that lascivious urges are immoral and sacrilegious. It's abhorrent.

"Safe sex" is nonexistent outside of lifelong monogamous partners. Neither my religion nor the sex "education" programs told me that. However the religious belief that lifelong monogamy is best is closer to reality than some false concept of "safe sex" without monogamy.

Have you seen the divorce rates in this country? that whole life long manogamous thing is a failure.

Finally someone that fuckin gets it! I mean Jesus have any of you clowns ever been 16, 17 or 18 before in your lifes? for most teenagers when they end up in a room with a horny female who wants to get it in, that abstinenance garbage gets thrown right out the window. The best thing is contraceptives so they won't get a disease or another teen pregnancy.

That is far from "the best thing." First, sex needs to never be described as "safe" because it just isn't except in the case of lifelong monogamy. Once that is made clear to a teen then the emotional aspects need to be explained, demonstrated, and discussed on an individual basis according to the specific needs of that teen.

Individual treatment is something government programs never do effectively.

That is far from "the best thing." First, sex needs to never be described as "safe" because it just isn't except in the case of lifelong monogamy. Once that is made clear to a teen then the emotional aspects need to be explained, demonstrated, and discussed on an individual basis according to the specific needs of that teen.

How many teenagers in high school or college are going to buy into the life managomy package?

Every time a teen who has taken an oath or pledge to practice abstinence only has sex, abstinence only fails.

This "abstinence only works 100% of the time" is a bunch of hooey from people trying to delude themselves.

Every time a teen who has taken an oath or pledge to practice abstinence only has sex, abstinence only fails.

This "abstinence only works 100% of the time" is a bunch of hooey from people trying to delude themselves.

The thing is people are being smart asses on this thread, they are saying abstinence works 100% of the time but of course because if you don't have sex, you are not going to have teen pregnancies, STD's etc. the trick is convincing teenagers not to have sex, so thus far the abstinenace package is a big fucking failure.

The thing is people are being smart asses on this thread, they are saying abstinence works 100% of the time but of course because if you don't have sex, you are not going to have teen pregnancies, STD's etc. the trick is convincing teenagers not to have sex, so thus far the abstinenace package is a big fucking failure.

Well it's pretty easy to cling to the 100% talking point when you simply don't count those who fail to stay abstinent.

Some people are just more concerned with being "right."

How many teenagers in high school or college are going to buy into the life managomy package?

Not many, which is why the alternatives need to be described as dangerous not "safe."

That is not true. Most, yes. Every? No.

But it does work 100% of the time and therefore needs to be presented as a valid option alongside other less safe options.

Not many, which is why the alternatives need to be described as dangerous not "safe."

Plenty of people tell teens drugs and alcohol areb dangerous, but they do it anyways. If anything telling them alternatives are dangerous will probably just make them want it more.

Actually with STDs on the rise I'd say the "safe sex" package is a big fucking failure. Pass out all the condoms you want, but explain that they are tools used to reduce danger not make it all hunky dory and "safe."

Plenty of people tell teens drugs and alcohol areb dangerous, but they do it anyways. If anything telling them alternatives are dangerous will probably just make them want it more.

By that logic then there should be no minimum drinking age. I don't buy it.

No form of BC is 100% effective nor can any guarantee you wont get an STD. I am fine with teaching our youth the risks involved with the various forms of contraceptives, in fact I think that is paramount to their education.

What I have a problem with is the finger in the ears "LALALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU" policy of abstinence only.

But it does work 100% of the time and therefore needs to be presented as a valid option alongside other less safe options.

Jesus Christ, nobody is saying abstinence doesn't work, of course not having sex avoids teen pregnancies and STD's, no one is denying that. The thing is, convincing teenagers not to have sex has been a failure, how come you people can't see that?:doubt:

No form of BC is 100% effective nor can any guarantee you wont get an STD. I am fine with teaching our youth the risks involved with the various forms of contraceptives, in fact I think that is paramount to their education.

What I have a problem with is the finger in the ears "LALALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU" policy of abstinence only.

Fuckin A my man, there are some morons in this very thread who have their heads shoved directly up their asses and refuse to see whats really going on and believe abstinence is a successful program.

Well good, so now we've established you aren't talking to one of "those."

Now as a matter of public policy, do you think it's harmful for *any* government employee to ever tell a minor that there is even a concept called "safe sex?"

Jesus Christ, nobody is saying abstinence doesn't work, of course not having sex avoids teen pregnancies and STD's, no one is denying that. The thing is, convincing teenagers not to have sex has been a failure, how come you people can't see that?:doubt:

Us "people?"

Jeez!

Clean your own fucking house then, bigot.

HIV/AIDS and African Americans | Topics | CDC HIV/AIDS

If a teenager takes a vow not to have sex and they go ahead and have sex anyway, then the policy failed. There is no in between.

I am fine with it being presented as an option. I'm not fine with it being put forward as the "only" way to go.

Forum List

Back