Abortion access threatened

Oh and one more To Jen, for giving me negative rep and calling me a ****.

If I am so wrong, point it out on here. Stop being a little in the closet pussy bitch of an abuser, and do it publicly. Oh that's right- You are one grandstanding little bee-otch that only prays on public websites, and with huge groups of people, and thinks that the whole world revolves around her, and has no real relationship with God. Privately, you will abuse people.. In a hush-hush way. Don't tell anyone, it will only make them think less of you.. or this is our little secret, right??

Fucking skanky ass devil's bitch.

Oh, nothing like the (stinky) smell of rank hypocrisy in the evening! :rofl: :lol: :funnyface:

Pot meet kettle. :lol:

Oh, and you make huge assumptions of me AND the young lady who was pressured into abortion.

You DO know what happens when one ass-u-mes? Ya big dummy..... :eusa_naughty:

I'm kind of a weird conservative. Here's my thoughts on abortion (which I RARELY share with anyone, so read 'em now, cuz I won't likely do this again for a long long time).

Someone very close to me had a very early abortion when she was very young. She was young, single, in love with the father--but he was not a very responsible kind of guy and he wanted nothing to do with having a baby. She was pressured by him, and certain members of her own family to abort.

So, she did. At 8 weeks. I watched her downhill slide mentally afterwards in complete horror.

Prior to the procedure she was a very happy, secure and contented person. Afterwards, she was angry, withdrawn, and she drank. A LOT. And often alone. She pushed people she loved away, including me.....someone she'd been very close to her entire life. At one point she was suicidal because (in her words) "I killed my child and I'm going to hell for it".

It took her years and years to recover emotionally. Lots of therapy and lots of work to forgive herself.

She's OK now....she moved on and even has children now. But the anniversary day of the procedure, even 25 years down the road, still haunts her. It's something she dreads every year and a day she just barely manages to push through. My heart breaks for her, as I have lost children to miscarriage and I know the pain too well.

She always calls me that day and we always share a prayer and have a memorial for her lost little one over the phone, privately just the two of us. She used to take a single red rose to the clinic and leave it on the front stoop with a card reading, "I'm SO sorry, please forgive me. Love Mommy", but the building was torn down years ago to make way for a highway and she obviously can't do that now.

While I disagree with the choice she made, it was hers to make. I wish she could have known how her choice would affect her before that awful day, but hindsight is 20/20 and she didn't have that benefit.

Even her experience was so horrible, I think abortion should be legal---but with SEVERE limits.

Such as:

1. Abortion available only up until 8-12 weeks gestational age, after that it would be illegal. As in criminal consequences for obtaining and/or performing an abortion after that cut-off.

2. REAL psychological counseling for the mother to make sure she really really understands what she is getting into. Complete with attending a post-abortion grief counseling meeting--so she can see the REAL consequences of having an abortion.

3. She must visit an adoption agency to explore that option, as well as visiting an unwed mother's home to explore that option (ie, carrying to term at the home and getting back on her feet with their assistance).

4. Only after doing all of the above, would the abortion be made available to her.

5. PARTIAL DELIVERY Abortion would NEVER EVER be legal at any gestational age and there would be FELONY criminal consequences for those who obtain, perform or assist such a procedure.

Those are just a few of the restrictions/requirements I would put in place if I were in charge.

And that, my friends is THIS conservative person's opinion on abortion. Sling mud if you wish.
Sorry about your friend's unhappy life but it sounds to me that she's had mental problems since day one.

Since day one? A person you haven't even met? You know this about her how?

Forgive me when I say you are completely full of shit. You couldn't be further from the truth.

You don't like that I would severely limit abortion, so you asssault and impugn my relative's integrity and mental health.

Apparently you've had mental problems since day one as well.

Have a good evening.
You basically showed us she had mental problems in her post.

You make absolutely no sense.
First you say your friend was forced into an abortion that she didn't want.
Then you say that because of that you think anyone who wants an abortion should spend time in homes for expectant mothers who are planning to put up their children for adoption, in what you call counseling to frighten people off of abortion and in post abortion grief sessions, at adoption agencies and other kinds of brainwashing sessions aimed at getting women to give birth and give up their babies to the baby sellers.

How would that sort of thing helped your friend? She didn't want an abortion to begin with :cuckoo:

I think there should be criminal action taken against anyone who forces a woman to give birth or who forces her to have an abortion.

Sounds like you assisted those who forced abortion on her. Now you want to punish pregnant women instead of facing your own guilt.

Yes, you and your friend do have mental issues. Try and get help, both of you.

I open the thread to test my hypothesis: No abortion thread will ever be written without one side accusing the other of mental illness.

Q.E.D.

I have also met women whom the abortions and some who adoption of the child still hurts them deeply forty years later. "
Finally,. someone who recognizes that putting a child up for adoption can leave deep and long lasting wounds, just as having an abortion can.
Too few are made aware of thet. They are made to think that giving birth and giving the baby to a baby broker is somehow the best thing to do. That they will feel good about having preserved a "life".

Too few are told that separation from your baby can cause even worse pain. Many women are intuitive enough to know this, even if they haven't been told how it feels to see your child born, then taken away. Not to mention how bad the innocent baby feels not to drink it's mother's milk and be cradled in her arms.

Oh and one more To Jen, for giving me negative rep and calling me a ****.

If I am so wrong, point it out on here. Stop being a little in the closet pussy bitch of an abuser, and do it publicly. Oh that's right- You are one grandstanding little bee-otch that only prays on public websites, and with huge groups of people, and thinks that the whole world revolves around her, and has no real relationship with God. Privately, you will abuse people.. In a hush-hush way. Don't tell anyone, it will only make them think less of you.. or this is our little secret, right??

Fucking skanky ass devil's bitch.

Oh, nothing like the (stinky) smell of rank hypocrisy in the evening! :rofl: :lol: :funnyface:

Pot meet kettle. :lol:

Oh, and you make huge assumptions of me AND the young lady who was pressured into abortion.

You DO know what happens when one ass-u-mes? Ya big dummy..... :eusa_naughty:

So NOW you admit that the young lady had the abortion due to being pressured into it.. Before, you were saying that she made her own decisions and faulted her. I agree with Anguille about the mental illness.

PS- Abortion threads do have cuts on mental health in them, I agree. However, I also think that there are a lot of people in abortion threads who probably have massive issues with loss and separation anxiety, etc, and truly wonder how mentally and emotionally healthy ANYONE who comes to a thread to claim that a woman who was pressured was somehow at fault, or that women can control getting or not getting pregnant, or any number of other things. Yes people who say shit like that have fucking issues.

Forum List

Back