Abolish Fannie Mae

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by HoleInTheVoid, Sep 29, 2008.

  1. HoleInTheVoid
    Offline

    HoleInTheVoid Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2008
    Messages:
    860
    Thanks Received:
    89
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Ratings:
    +89
    Obviously the notion of propping-up mortgages for people who cannot afford them under normal circumstances is a demonstrated failure. The entire enterprise is set-up for failure.

    There is no point complaining about "predatory lending practices" because this is a back-handed admission of the premise that lenders seek out people who cannot afford the loans. Abolish Fannie and Freddie and the Raines and Johnsons of the world won't get their $30 million bonus packages...for writing loans that the borrowers cannot repay. Don't give the crooks the tool to waste our money through gov't mandate. Of course that means the people who can't afford homes--well--won't get homes.

    Homes values won't be artificially driven-up, CEO' s won't be rewarded by seeking bad debt and the taxpayers can keep their money for things they need, like their own damned mortgages.
     
  2. WillowTree
    Offline

    WillowTree Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    68,174
    Thanks Received:
    10,170
    Trophy Points:
    2,030
    Ratings:
    +14,746
    And Zero,,, Zero ,,, Zero tax dollars to ACORN.
     
  3. Baruch Menachem
    Offline

    Baruch Menachem '

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2008
    Messages:
    14,204
    Thanks Received:
    3,235
    Trophy Points:
    185
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    The folks at ACORN will probably still be on the public dole in their new residences at the Graybar Motel. Jamie Goerlic better hope she looks good in Orange, because that is what she is going to be wearing for the next several years.

    This fraud has gone on way too long
     
  4. DiveCon
    Offline

    DiveCon gone

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2008
    Messages:
    48,025
    Thanks Received:
    3,387
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    i agree
    they shouldnt be getting any tax payer funds
    this whole deal is a huge mistake
     
  5. WhiteLion
    Offline

    WhiteLion WMS.

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2008
    Messages:
    780
    Thanks Received:
    57
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Ratings:
    +57
    Yeh Acorn and Obamas involvement check out this link

    O'S DANGEROUS PALS - New York Post
     
  6. AVG-JOE
    Offline

    AVG-JOE American Mutt Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2008
    Messages:
    22,889
    Thanks Received:
    4,882
    Trophy Points:
    260
    Location:
    Your Imagination
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    The concept behind Freddie and Fannie is not inherently bad for the taxpayer. For a people, especially a people as wealthy as ours, public involvement in a pool of funds that is designed to free up capital to keep it flowing to the real property market is not a stupid idea.

    Neither is the concept behind using our collective wealth to assist the lower end of our economy into real property ownership - as long as it is in the form of a reasonable and easily understood loan and not a gift.

    What is stupid is trying to set either of those 'public welfare' concepts up as profitable centers for wealthy private investors.

    Public assistance is not evil... profiting from it is.

    -Joe
     
  7. Care4all
    Offline

    Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2007
    Messages:
    32,794
    Thanks Received:
    6,625
    Trophy Points:
    1,170
    Location:
    Maine
    Ratings:
    +11,112
    Amen! :)
     
  8. editec
    Offline

    editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    Messages:
    41,427
    Thanks Received:
    5,598
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Maine
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    BOND RATINGS COMPANIES.

    Until you all understand their part in this diaster you're all missing the point, folks
     
  9. Care4all
    Offline

    Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2007
    Messages:
    32,794
    Thanks Received:
    6,625
    Trophy Points:
    1,170
    Location:
    Maine
    Ratings:
    +11,112
    BTW Holeinthe void....

    75% of the subprime mortgages lent for the past 5 years, were from institutions NOT COVERED by CRA.....

    fannie/freddie accounts for 25% of this mess, the other 75% were institutions that CHOSE all by their lonesome, to issue these very bad subprime loans....

    where is your disgust with the banks that caused 75% of the problem?

    care
     
  10. Care4all
    Offline

    Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2007
    Messages:
    32,794
    Thanks Received:
    6,625
    Trophy Points:
    1,170
    Location:
    Maine
    Ratings:
    +11,112
    like the S & P ???
     

Share This Page