Abiogenesis: The Unholy Grail of Atheism

That experiment not only failed but is now known to have been based on incorrect assumptions...correct?

It worked for them because Urey assumed a lot of methane and you know what that is, fartsmoke. Farts are comprised of
  • Nitrogen: 20-90%
  • Hydrogen: 0-50% (flammable)
  • Carbon dioxide: 10-30%
  • Oxygen: 0-10%
  • Methane: 0-10% (flammable)
The problem for them was oxygen, O2, so they left it out. Try the experiment and add some oxygen to see what happens.

Many scientists do not think these were the gases of the early universe, but volcanic gases.

"The primary components in volcanic gas are water vapor, carbon dioxide and sulfur (either sulfur dioxide or hydrogen sulfide). But you can also find nitrogen, argon, helium, neon, methane, carbon dioxide and hydrogen."

The rub is with these gases amino acids do not form.

What Is a Fart Made Of?
Volcanic Gas - Universe Today

Actually, the rub is that amino acids do form and they form as conditions change.

“The primary components in volcanic gas are water vapor, carbon dioxide and sulfur (either sulfur dioxide or hydrogen sulfide). But you can also find nitrogen, argon, helium, neon, methane, carbon dioxide and hydrogen."

Gee whiz, what a coincidence those chemical compounds are among those elements that scientists call “building blocks of organic life”.

That experiment not only failed but is now known to have been based on incorrect assumptions...correct?

It worked for them because Urey assumed a lot of methane and you know what that is, fartsmoke. Farts are comprised of
The problem for them was oxygen, O2, so they left it out. Try the experiment and add some oxygen to see what happens.

Many scientists do not think these were the gases of the early universe, but volcanic gases.

"The primary components in volcanic gas are water vapor, carbon dioxide and sulfur (either sulfur dioxide or hydrogen sulfide). But you can also find nitrogen, argon, helium, neon, methane, carbon dioxide and hydrogen."

What Is a Fart Made Of?

Actually, the rub is that amino acids do form and they form as conditions change.

“The primary components in volcanic gas are water vapor, carbon dioxide and sulfur (either sulfur dioxide or hydrogen sulfide). But you can also find nitrogen, argon, helium, neon, methane, carbon dioxide and hydrogen."

Gee whiz, what a coincidence those chemical compounds are among those elements that scientists call “building blocks of organic life”.

Not the water vapor, CO2, and sulfur. Those were the primary gases. Furthermore, proteins are the "building blocks of organic life." You are far, far, far away from your primordial soup becoming proteins :bang3:. It only happens in the cell. You did not watch the video. Shame, shame, shame :blahblah:.

You are far, far, far away from your primordial soup becoming proteins
Nonsense....they form virtually spontaneously from peptides in literally every experiment we do...

I see you have decided to pop in and just start making stuff up....

What Is a Fart Made Of?

Not the water vapor, CO2, and sulfur. Those were the primary gases. Furthermore, proteins are the "building blocks of organic life." You are far, far, far away from your primordial soup becoming proteins :bang3:. It only happens in the cell. You did not watch the video. Shame, shame, shame :blahblah:.
Shame, shame, shame that you never attended a 7th grade earth science class. Conditions on the planet changed over millions upon millions of years. Of course, that presents an unresolvable dilemma for you. None of the chemistry referenced in the article means anything with the earth being only 6,000 years old.

They do science based on fear and superstition. Afraid of what they will find. And the closing of the academic mind by Marxists will continue to damage science.
I think the “soup” theory, Darwin’s “warm little pond”, is passé. They had been reading too much Shelley and the age following Darwin was enthralled with a mechanistic view of life as they concentrated on shedding the soul. But life is far far more than the sum of its parts.
Shocking a cadaver seen together from body parts will not create life. Nor will shocking a muddy flask. There are mysteries here that a closed puritanical mind cannot bring itself to investigate lest they be charged with heresy.
And it only happened once. But that’s not even the most bizarre thing. The filters life went through to create us were against even longer odds...and every one of them happened once and only once.

You are far, far, far away from your primordial soup becoming proteins
Nonsense....they form virtually spontaneously from peptides in literally every experiment we do...

I see you have decided to pop in and just start making stuff up....

If I could do that, then I'd be a billionaire many times over. I'd be able to make imperfect humans perfect. Notice I didn't say you because you just make stuff up in your head :icon_lol:.

If I could do that, then I'd be a billionaire many times over.
No you wouldnt. You would be a typical organic chemistry graduate student doing research, making no money at all. Bond, sometimes i think your scientific knowledge stopped progressing in 1930.

Shame, shame, shame that you never attended a 7th grade earth science class. Conditions on the planet changed over millions upon millions of years. Of course, that presents an unresolvable dilemma for you. None of the chemistry referenced in the article means anything with the earth being only 6,000 years old.

You mean thousands of years. Even if it the atmosphere did change over the years, the amino acid experiment shows proteins does not happen outside the cell. Dr. Louis Pasteur for the block -- 10 Most Famous Scientific Theories That Were Later Debunked.

While abiogeneis is a mere hypothesis.
Correction:

Abiogenesis is a fact. The hypotheses try to explain how it worked. That's abiogensis theory.
Wiki
Abiogenesis, or informally the origin of life,[3][4][5] is the natural process by which life has arisen from non-living matter, such as simple organic compounds.[6][4][7][8] While the details of this process are still unknown, the prevailing scientific Hypothesis is that the transition from non-living to living entities was not a single event, but an evolutionary process of increasing complexity that involved molecular self-replication, self-assembly, autocatalysis, and the emergence of cell membranes.[9][10][11] Although the occurrence of abiogenesis is uncontroversial among scientists, its possible mechanisms are poorly understood. This article presents several principles and Hypotheses for how abiogenesis could have occurred.".."
`

Last edited:
Wiki
Abiogenesis, or informally the origin of life,[3][4][5] is the natural process by which life has arisen from non-living matter, such as simple organic compounds.
Yep, and that's a fact. Just as star formation is a fact. Just as volcano formation or hurricane formation are facts. The scientific theories addressing these facts attempt to explain their mechanisms via testable hypotheses.

No you wouldnt. You would be a typical organic chemistry graduate student doing research, making no money at all. Bond, sometimes i think your scientific knowledge stopped progressing in 1930.

I would be a billionaire many times over (In my greediest dreams, I'm worth $2 B), but this would make me even more. I'd know how to make proteins pay if it happens. You'd be just what you are now because you believe it happens already. If you'd realized it, then your head would:blowup:.

Really? Now where did I read something to that effect? Oh, wait! I remember now. I wrote about these things in the article, by golly.

What was actually produced in the published Miller-Urey experiment of 1953 were 5 amino acids (3 of the 20 fundamentals of life) and the molecular constituents of others. The dominant material produced in the experiment was an insoluble carcinogenic mixture of tar—large compounds of toxic mellanoids, a common end product in organic reactions. However, it was recently discovered that the published experiment actually entailed the production of 14 amino acids (6 of the 20 fundamentals of life) and 5 amines in various concentrations. In 1952, the technology needed to detect the other trace amounts of organic material was not available. But the unpublished Miller-Urey experiments conducted over the next several years show that a modified version of Miller’s original apparatus featuring a volcanic spark discharge system, which increased air flow with a tapering glass aspirator, produced 22 amino acids (9 of the fundamentals of life) and the same 5 amines. 2

Miller’s experiment did produce … amino acids, but only by continuously circulating the reaction mixture and isolating products as they were formed. The quantities were still tiny and not in the same proportions as found in nature. One of the causes of the low yield has been identified by [Edward] Peltzer who worked with Miller. As the amino acids were formed they reacted with reducing sugars … forming a brown tar around Miller’s apparatus. Ultimately, Miller was producing large compounds called mellanoids, with amino acids as an intermediate product. — J. H. John Peet (Oct. 2005), “The Miller-Urey Experiment”, Truth in Science
The Miller-Urey experiments showed that under the right conditions nature might be able to build some of life’s amino acids; later discoveries in space and here on Earth confirmed that. But that in and of itself was not the rhyme or the reason of the experiments’ underlying hypothesis, and beyond that, what have these experiments shown us? Well, not much about that which was expected, but plenty about that which is obvious.

The natural occurrence of amino acids is light years away from life, and there exists no consistently coherent or demonstrable explanation for how they aggregated and combined via the rudimentary, self-ordering properties of mere chemistry to form the complex proteins we find in life. And even if such a thing were possible, we’d still not be there.​

Gee whiz and my monkey's uncle! Amino acids are the building blocks of life? Stop the presses! Are you saying that certain amino acids are actually found in raw nature outside living cells, that certain amino acids are relatively ubiquitous in raw nature? Are you suggesting that living organisms in the universe are actually comprised of material in the universe. You don't say.

Thank you for affirming the observations in my article. Now would you care to tell me something we don't know? Your Nobel Prize awaits you, if you can.

Oh, wait! You disingenuously meant to imply I don't understand the ABCs of biochemistry, didn't you. Do you routinely embarrass yourself like this? Are you a sociopath? Has the cheese slide off your cracker? Do you intend to discuss the matter in good faith or not? Why are you wasting time and space with this baby talk?

Last edited:
Wiki
Abiogenesis, or informally the origin of life,[3][4][5] is the natural process by which life has arisen from non-living matter, such as simple organic compounds.
Yep, and that's a fact. Just as star formation is a fact. Just as volcano formation or hurricane formation are facts. The scientific theories addressing these facts attempt to explain their mechanisms via testable hypotheses.
So to be clear.. (and with triple footnoted citation)
You were /are wrong.
It's a Hypothesis... or several.
Keep trying the semantic Dishonesty, but it's 100% Over.
bye.
`

While abiogeneis is a mere hypothesis.
Correction:

Abiogenesis is a fact. The hypotheses try to explain how it worked. That's abiogensis theory.
Wiki
Abiogenesis, or informally the origin of life,[3][4][5] is the natural process by which life has arisen from non-living matter, such as simple organic compounds.[6][4][7][8] While the details of this process are still unknown, the prevailing scientific Hypothesis is that the transition from non-living to living entities was not a single event, but an evolutionary process of increasing complexity that involved molecular self-replication, self-assembly, autocatalysis, and the emergence of cell membranes.[9][10][11] Although the occurrence of abiogenesis is uncontroversial among scientists, its possible mechanisms are poorly understood. This article presents several principles and Hhypotheses for how abiogenesis could have occurred.".."
`

Heh. The devil is in the details. For example, how do you think Darwin became rich? He did not invent the theory of evolution like most people think. He just explained how it worked. If I could make proteins outside the cell, then I'd probably would become the richest person ever in the history of the world. Wealth greater than King Solomon. Everyone would have perfect bodies. Of course, I could not help improve your brain nor your thinking.

ETA: Not only the perfect bodies, but the perfect trees, lawns, bushes, flowers, dogs, cats, anything organic.

You were /are wrong.
It's a Hypothesis.
False. Abiogenesis is a fact. The hypotheses of its mechanisms are hypotheses. As you were kind enough to point out with your copypasta:

This article presents several principles and Hhypotheses for how abiogenesis could have occurred.".

Also facts:

Star formation
Hurricane formation
Volcano formation
Galaxy formation
Planet formation

Heh. The devil is in the details. For example, how do you think Darwin became rich? He did not invent the theory of evolution like most people think. He just explained how it worked. If I could make proteins outside the cell, then I'd probably would become the richest person ever in the history of the world. Wealth greater than King Solomon. Everyone would have perfect bodies. Of course, I could not help improve your brain nor your thinking.
Wrong Moron.
Everyone being "perfect" would be your dept: god/Dog.
My dept is Evolution.
Messy Trial/error/adaptation/extinction.

`

Forum List

Back