ABC's "The Path to 9/11"

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Adam's Apple, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Mark your calendar for September 10th. Can't believe this is an ABC production. Excellent review--read it all. You'll understand why you don't want to miss this.

ABC's "The Path to 9/11" Is Outstanding
    By Govindini Murty
    August 30, 2006

I recently attended an advance screening of ABC's outstanding, epic miniseries "The Path to 9/11" (airing this September 10-11), and I came away enormously impressed. Writer/producer Cyrus Nowrasteh ("Into the West"), director David Cunningham ("To End All Wars"), and the whole production team have done a magnificent job in presenting the complex events leading up to 9/11 with accuracy, fairness, and artistry.

The writing, acting, directing, editing, cinematography, and overall story-telling are first-rate. "The Path to 9/11" is fast-paced and thoroughly gripping the entire way. The five-hour miniseries (aired over two nights) is based on the 9/11 Commission report and also on ABC News correspondent John Miller's book, "The Cell." ABC is going to air the first three hours on Sunday, September 10, and the final two hours (which culminate in a shattering depiction of 9/11) on Monday, September 11.

Let me start by saying that "The Path to 9/11" is one of the best, most intelligent, most pro-American miniseries I've ever seen on TV, and conservatives should support it and promote it as vigorously as possible.

for full article:
    http://www.aim.org/guest_column/4826_0_6_0_C/

2. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Thanks...I hadn't heard a thing about this coming.

3. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,804
    Yea, and the Clinton Crowd isn't happy:

Yea Mr. Sandy Berger, the same 9/11 commision that didn't think it was relevant that you, Clinton's Nation Security Advisor, got caught stealing classified Clinton era documents concerning terrorist threats and responses from the National Archives during their "investigation" of what allowed 9/11 to happen.

The 9/11 Commision's only purpose was to clear Clinton of any blame, so of course it wouldn't be in their report lol.

http://www.upi.com/inc/view.php?StoryID=20060905-111623-5746r

4. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    "The incidents depicted did not happen," said [Sandy] Berger in the statement. "They are not contained in the Sept. 11 Commission report, which is the most authoritative review of the events before and after the attack."

A couple of weeks back, I was taking one of our USMB liberals to task - not so much for lying, but for being so excruciatingly dull and predictable about it. I remember remarking at the time that I almost missed the dazzling, breathtaking AUDACITY of Clintonian dishonesty. The bolded paragraph above illustrates exactly what I was talking about. What BALLS!

"The incidents depicted did not happen. I know for a fact that they did not happen, since I personally made them un-happen by stealing and destroying all evidence that they ever DID happen. Who would know better than I"?

THAT'S entertainment, boy!

5. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Did anyone actually watch this? I saw the first half, and strictly from a writing point of view, it wasn't too good. Very typical movie-of-the-week stuff.