ABC's "The Path to 9/11"

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Mark your calendar for September 10th. Can't believe this is an ABC production. Excellent review--read it all. You'll understand why you don't want to miss this.

ABC's "The Path to 9/11" Is Outstanding
By Govindini Murty
August 30, 2006

I recently attended an advance screening of ABC's outstanding, epic miniseries "The Path to 9/11" (airing this September 10-11), and I came away enormously impressed. Writer/producer Cyrus Nowrasteh ("Into the West"), director David Cunningham ("To End All Wars"), and the whole production team have done a magnificent job in presenting the complex events leading up to 9/11 with accuracy, fairness, and artistry.

The writing, acting, directing, editing, cinematography, and overall story-telling are first-rate. "The Path to 9/11" is fast-paced and thoroughly gripping the entire way. The five-hour miniseries (aired over two nights) is based on the 9/11 Commission report and also on ABC News correspondent John Miller's book, "The Cell." ABC is going to air the first three hours on Sunday, September 10, and the final two hours (which culminate in a shattering depiction of 9/11) on Monday, September 11.

Let me start by saying that "The Path to 9/11" is one of the best, most intelligent, most pro-American miniseries I've ever seen on TV, and conservatives should support it and promote it as vigorously as possible.

for full article:
http://www.aim.org/guest_column/4826_0_6_0_C/

Yea, and the Clinton Crowd isn't happy:

In one scene, CIA operatives working with Ahmed Shah Masud, the charismatic Afghan mujahedin leader who fought al-Qaida and their Taliban sponsors, are assembled on a hillside above bin Laden's residence at Tarnak Farms. "It's perfect for us," says "Kirk," a composite character representing several of the CIA operatives and analysts involved in the hunt for the terrorist leader.

But the team is forced to abort the mission when Berger hangs up on them in the middle of a conference call, after telling them he cannot give the go ahead for the action.

"I don't have that authority," he says.

"Are there any men in Washington," Masud asks Kirk afterwards in the film, "or are they all cowards?"

"The incidents depicted did not happen," said Berger in the statement. "They are not contained in the Sept. 11 Commission report, which is the most authoritative review of the events before and after the attack."

Yea Mr. Sandy Berger, the same 9/11 commision that didn't think it was relevant that you, Clinton's Nation Security Advisor, got caught stealing classified Clinton era documents concerning terrorist threats and responses from the National Archives during their "investigation" of what allowed 9/11 to happen.

The 9/11 Commision's only purpose was to clear Clinton of any blame, so of course it wouldn't be in their report lol.

http://www.upi.com/inc/view.php?StoryID=20060905-111623-5746r

"The incidents depicted did not happen," said [Sandy] Berger in the statement. "They are not contained in the Sept. 11 Commission report, which is the most authoritative review of the events before and after the attack."

A couple of weeks back, I was taking one of our USMB liberals to task - not so much for lying, but for being so excruciatingly dull and predictable about it. I remember remarking at the time that I almost missed the dazzling, breathtaking AUDACITY of Clintonian dishonesty. The bolded paragraph above illustrates exactly what I was talking about. What BALLS!

"The incidents depicted did not happen. I know for a fact that they did not happen, since I personally made them un-happen by stealing and destroying all evidence that they ever DID happen. Who would know better than I"?

THAT'S entertainment, boy!

Did anyone actually watch this? I saw the first half, and strictly from a writing point of view, it wasn't too good. Very typical movie-of-the-week stuff.

Forum List

Back