ABCNEWSWASHPOST POLL: Obama personal popularity fading... ...Women Turning...

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Obama’s Popularity Dips Underwater; For Romney, a Faint Favorability Bounce - ABC News

Barack Obama approaches his nomination for a second term with the lowest pre-convention personal popularity of an incumbent president in ABC News/Washington Post polls since the 1980s. He’s also at his lowest of the year among registered voters, with trouble among women.

Just 47 percent of registered voters in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll see Obama favorably overall, down 7 percentage points from his recent peak in April, while 49 percent rate him unfavorably. He’s numerically underwater in this group for the first time since February.

See PDF with full results, charts and tables here.

The decline has occurred entirely among women registered voters – from 57-39 percent favorable-unfavorable in April to a numerically negative 46-50 percent now. That’s Obama’s lowest score among women voters – a focus of recent political positioning – in ABC/Post polls since he took office. Unusually, his rating among men, 50-47 percent favorable-unfavorable, is numerically better than it is among women, albeit not by a significant margin.

The result is not the only sign of the work ahead for Obama among women. In a separate ABC/Post poll last week, he led Romney among women registered voters in vote preference by just 6 points, 49-43 percent. In 2008, Obama won women by 13 points, 56-43 percent.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Obama, obviously.

From 57-39 percent favorable-unfavorable in April to a numerically negative 46-50 percent now. That's significant. What'd he do?

he became president got worse after that.

I think you can blame Sandra Fluke and the Democrat's bogus claims about the Republican "war on women." I think most women were insulted by that. As if birth control and abortion are the only issues women care about.

From 57-39 percent favorable-unfavorable in April to a numerically negative 46-50 percent now. That's significant. What'd he do?

he became president got worse after that.

I think you can blame Sandra Fluke and the Democrat's bogus claims about the Republican "war on women." I think most women were insulted by that. As if birth control and abortion are the only issues women care about.

It certainly did reduce women to simple minded breeders. Guess women are smarter than they thought.

Forum List

Back