Abcnews Holds Terror Warning Tape

drowe

Oct 7, 2004
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED OCT 27, 2004 12:42:01 ET XXXXX

ABCNEWS HOLDS TERROR WARNING TAPE

**Exclusive**

In the last week before the election, ABCNEWS is holding on a videotaped message from a purported al Qaeda terrorist warning of a new attack on America, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The terrorist claims on tape the next attack will dwarf 9/11. "The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead. Further claims: America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

ABCNEWS strongly denies holding the tape back from broadcast over political concerns during the last days of the election.

The CIA is analyzing the tape, a top federal source tells the DRUDGE REPORT.

ABCNEWS obtained the tape from a source in Waziristan, Pakistan over the weekend, sources tells DRUDGE.

"We have been working 24 hours a day trying to authenticate [the tape]," a senior ABCNEWS source said Wednesday morning.

The terrorist's face is concealed by a head dress, and speaks in an American accent, making it difficult to identify the individual, but US intelligence officials believe that man may be Adam Gadhan - aka Adam Pearlman - a southern California native who was highlighted by the FBI in May as an individual most likely to be involved in or have knowledge of the next al Qaeda attacks.

According to the FBI, Gadahn, 25, attended al-Qaida training camps and served as an al-Qaida translator.

The disturbing tape runs an hour -- the man simply identifies himself as 'Assam the American.'

MORE http://www.drudgereport.com/abct.htm

Keep your eyes out for this man!!!!!

http://www.fbi.gov/terrorinfo/gadahn.htm

gadahn1.jpg
gadahn2.jpg

drowe said:
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED OCT 27, 2004 12:42:01 ET XXXXX

ABCNEWS HOLDS TERROR WARNING TAPE

**Exclusive**

In the last week before the election, ABCNEWS is holding on a videotaped message from a purported al Qaeda terrorist warning of a new attack on America, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The terrorist claims on tape the next attack will dwarf 9/11. "The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead. Further claims: America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

ABCNEWS strongly denies holding the tape back from broadcast over political concerns during the last days of the election.

The CIA is analyzing the tape, a top federal source tells the DRUDGE REPORT.

ABCNEWS obtained the tape from a source in Waziristan, Pakistan over the weekend, sources tells DRUDGE.

"We have been working 24 hours a day trying to authenticate [the tape]," a senior ABCNEWS source said Wednesday morning.

The terrorist's face is concealed by a head dress, and speaks in an American accent, making it difficult to identify the individual, but US intelligence officials believe that man may be Adam Gadhan - aka Adam Pearlman - a southern California native who was highlighted by the FBI in May as an individual most likely to be involved in or have knowledge of the next al Qaeda attacks.

According to the FBI, Gadahn, 25, attended al-Qaida training camps and served as an al-Qaida translator.

The disturbing tape runs an hour -- the man simply identifies himself as 'Assam the American.'

MORE http://www.drudgereport.com/abct.htm

All the more reason why Bush needs to take the gloves off and stop telling our boys over there to "play nice"...

Cities like Fallujah should've been leveled by now...

-=d=- said:
I wonder if the tape was sent from a Kinko's in Fort Worth, TX by chance?

Well, at least the Feds have it and I'm sure will be able to tell that soon enough..:)

shouldn't this tape, if it's authentic, be all the proof America needs that George Bush IS the man for the job? I mean, by default, it's the terrorists endorsement of John Kerry. It's natural they'd speak against the person they were most afraid of. And this whole 'GWB's war against Islam" bullshit? Wha? As if 'islamists' didn't attack NY, DC, and PA BEFORE GWB did anything?

fockers.

-=d=- said:
shouldn't this tape, if it's authentic, be all the proof America needs that George Bush IS the man for the job? I mean, by default, it's the terrorists endorsement of John Kerry. It's natural they'd speak against the person they were most afraid of. And this whole 'GWB's war against Islam" bullshit? Wha? As if 'islamists' didn't attack NY, DC, and PA BEFORE GWB did anything?

fockers.
And that is precisely why ABC will not air it -=d=-.

The media has really exposed its agenda to America this year.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
drowe said:

...but I doubt...I don't have faith the 'majority of' or at least the 'vocal' Americans will see it that way. Our society is too in love with 'peace' and 'as long as we are alive, nothing else matters'. Today's society is NOT the society which would have faught Brittish Rule. They are NOT the society which would have faught the US Calvary as Native Americans defending their homes. Our society seems made up of pansies and ninnies who are unfamiliar with the terms 'backbone' and 'resolve'. :(

drowe said:

I tend to agree but then im also curious. How many people will hear the tape and cower and decide to vote for Kerry. I think we should be on the lookout for something big this weekend.

I tend to agree but then im also curious. How many people will hear the tape and cower and decide to vote for Kerry. I think we should be on the lookout for something big this weekend.
I have considered that too Avatar and I'm sure that will be the case for many of the brainwashed pansy-asses out there. However I (and quite possibly the media) have reflected upon the shot of patriotism and Bush's huge approval rating after 9/11 to which this possible threat serves as a reminder. I think the mere notion of a pro-Bush resurgence has discouraged the Kerry-endorsing mainstream media from reporting this potential threat so close to Election Day.

Weren't most of the people posting above very critical of CBS in its lack of effort in authenticating important sources that it obtained, and "rushing" to get the story out? If that's the case, shouldn't we be extra-wary of inauthentic materials in the wake of events that could have and might seriously affect the election? I know that "holding back" this tape is not in a conservative's best interests at this point, but isn't it in the interests of the American public not to be exposed to (potentially) false news? It just seems like a very partisan standpoint to slam CBS for irresonsibility and then slam ABC for being responsible.

nakedemperor said:
Weren't most of the people posting above very critical of CBS in its lack of effort in authenticating important sources that it obtained, and "rushing" to get the story out? If that's the case, shouldn't we be extra-wary of inauthentic materials in the wake of events that could have and might seriously affect the election? I know that "holding back" this tape is not in a conservative's best interests at this point, but isn't it in the interests of the American public not to be exposed to (potentially) false news? It just seems like a very partisan standpoint to slam CBS for irresonsibility and then slam ABC for being responsible.

CBS ignored the input of their own experts who said the documents were likely forged. They purposefully omitted information they had from the the alleged creator of the document's family members who flat out said the documents were forged. That's what we have a problem with. Don't act like CBS's yellow journalism was a simple mistake. That's insulting to all of us, and you.

nakedemperor said:

I think it might be more appropriate to compare it to other items coming from our Islamo-facist friends. Osama tapes, beheading tapes, etc.... always seem to get instant coverage with the media outlets issuing the caveat that the gov't is still trying to verify the veracity of the tape. Why is that not done in this case?

rtwngAvngr said:
CBS ignored the input of their own experts who said the documents were likely forged. They purposefully omitted information they had from the the alleged creator of the document's family members who flat out said the documents were forged. That's what we have a problem with. Don't act like CBS's yellow journalism was a simple mistake. That's insulting to all of us, and you.

I didn't really say anything about the agency behind that particular scandal, outside of they rushed to report something that wasn't verified; in fact, the forger tried to fool them. If they'd waited long enough, they could have figured it out, but they were too eager to run with what they had.

When you get a VHS tape from the Middle East, its going to take a while to authenticate. The CIA really does a number on recordings and tapes to authenticate them as bin Laden originals, so I wouldn't really be too, too eager to hear something from (possibly) a low-level, poorly funded terrorist group posing as an Al Qaeda cell. Authenticate first (this DOES take a while, in this instance), report second.

nakedemperor said:
Weren't most of the people posting above very critical of CBS in its lack of effort in authenticating important sources that it obtained, and "rushing" to get the story out?

The LMM never get the 'benefit of the doubt' when it comes to story-telling, or 'not' story-telling for the 'right' reasons.

I don't want to spoil the fear factor but....If this were real don't ya'll think
Al Jazeera would have had the first release????? They always have in the past. Just a thought.

-=d said:
Our society seems made up of pansies and ninnies who are unfamiliar with the terms 'backbone' and 'resolve'. :(
I agree, that is why the strong need to stand up and take the election from them, take away their freedoms, take away their opportunities of a good life. If they are too weak to defend their liberties, then they are not worthy of them.

It would be a blessing in disguise if the terrorist would issue more threats or carry out another large scale attack, this would heard the weak pacifist sheep into the arms of a Strong War Lord who would champion them from the vicious wolf’s.

nakedemperor said:
Good point and thanks NE! CBS's behavior is what should make us very weary of the mainstream media's agenda.

Moreover, CBS and 60 minutes apparently didn't learn from their own lesson because 60 Minutes had a story already lined up to cover the tonnage of explosives that were ahem...”looted” in Iraq (it takes a lot of looters to remove 380 tons of anything), the story was to be aired this weekend. Now CBS is not going to air it because the story has been shot down. The point that most are missing was CBS’s reaction time to air something that is so destructive to a candidate is to say the least unethical. So why would should we believe that ABC is any different?

nakedemperor said:
Weren't most of the people posting above very critical of CBS in its lack of effort in authenticating important sources that it obtained, and "rushing" to get the story out? If that's the case, shouldn't we be extra-wary of inauthentic materials in the wake of events that could have and might seriously affect the election?

You have a point.

Dammit, I hate it when that happens!

Forum List

Back