(ABC) "Why Wasn't Michelle Obama at the 9/11 Ceremony?"

SolarEnergy1

May 18, 2007
Things that make you go hmmmm..... The campaign says she was back with the kids because school just started, yet she was in Indiana & Ohio this week campaigning....

Some readers have asked me why it was that Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., was without spouse at the 9/11 commemoration ceremony today in New York City.

After all, they point out, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., was accompanied by his wife Cindy.

Where was Michelle?

The Obama campaign responds that Michelle was back in Chicago with her daughters Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7, since this is the first week of school.

The McCain kids, incidentally, have all graduated from high school (some long ago) with the exception of Bridget, who's 16.

- jpt

Political Punch

Things that make you go hmmmm..... The campaign says she was back with the kids because school just started, yet she was in Indiana & Ohio this week campaigning....

Some readers have asked me why it was that Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., was without spouse at the 9/11 commemoration ceremony today in New York City.

After all, they point out, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., was accompanied by his wife Cindy.

Where was Michelle?

The Obama campaign responds that Michelle was back in Chicago with her daughters Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7, since this is the first week of school.

The McCain kids, incidentally, have all graduated from high school (some long ago) with the exception of Bridget, who's 16.

- jpt

Political Punch

So you're saying it's wrong for a mother to be there for her children?

Yep you are right about Ravi ... I agree with you 100%

You do NOT help with these ignorant made up charges against Obama. I am tired of reading the bullshit the left spews about McCain and Palin and I am JUST as tired reading the BULLSHIT made up about Obama.

His wife has valid points to attack her on in relation to Obama's judge of character and associations , THIS is not one.

Where was Michelle?

- jpt

Political Punch

Because she's at home taking care of her kids. Something Sarah Palin and Mother Spears should have done a little more of.

But where was she during the week? Campaigning... where was she during 9/11.....

Don't you think it's more important for her to be with her children then in New York? Her husband was there, while she was home with their children.

Her campaigning was like a business trip. Then she went home when it was over. By the way, she was in Indiana and Ohio during SCHOOL HOURS, so her kids didn't miss her while they were in school. She was 15 minutes from where I live, and her home is a 3 hour drive from there. Or,she could have flown home before the kids were home from school, right Solar?

Forum List

Back