ABC to Obama: We're sooooooo Sorry...

concept

Evil Mongering
Jun 19, 2009
West Mi
It will never happen again. We promise. :lol:

How pathetic.

ABC sorry it tweeted Obama's 'jackass' comment - Yahoo! News

The comment, from an off-the-record portion of an interview by US business channel CNBC, was tweeted to one million followers on the micro-blogging site by "Nightline" anchor Terry Moran. The tweet was later deleted.

"In the process of reporting on remarks by President Obama that were made during a CNBC interview, ABC News employees prematurely tweeted a portion of those remarks that turned out to be from an off-the-record portion of the interview," said ABC News in a statement late Monday.

"This was done before our editorial process had been completed. That was wrong. We apologize to the White House and CNBC and are taking steps to ensure that it will not happen again."

ABC News senior vice president Jeffrey Schneider said that the organization had reached out to the White House and CNBC in a series of telephone calls.

"It was a mistake. It's certainly one that we regret. We certainly made that very clear to CNBC and the White House," he said.

:eusa_whistle:

Since I hate all news casters, I can't feel any less for them. But this is the problem with news, they actually air the truth about something that happens, and then they apologize for it ... what the fuck?

Since I hate all news casters, I can't feel any less for them. But this is the problem with news, they actually air the truth about something that happens, and then they apologize for it ... what the fuck?

You obviously have no idea, or don't care about, the conventions of journalism. When something is off the record, it is off the record.

You obviously have no idea, or don't care about, the conventions of journalism. When something is off the record, it is off the record.

Nothing is "off the record" ... and for those who work in the government "off the record" does not exist. Period.

It will never happen again. We promise. :lol:

How pathetic.

ABC sorry it tweeted Obama's 'jackass' comment - Yahoo! News

The comment, from an off-the-record portion of an interview by US business channel CNBC, was tweeted to one million followers on the micro-blogging site by "Nightline" anchor Terry Moran. The tweet was later deleted.

"In the process of reporting on remarks by President Obama that were made during a CNBC interview, ABC News employees prematurely tweeted a portion of those remarks that turned out to be from an off-the-record portion of the interview," said ABC News in a statement late Monday.

"This was done before our editorial process had been completed. That was wrong. We apologize to the White House and CNBC and are taking steps to ensure that it will not happen again."

ABC News senior vice president Jeffrey Schneider said that the organization had reached out to the White House and CNBC in a series of telephone calls.

"It was a mistake. It's certainly one that we regret. We certainly made that very clear to CNBC and the White House," he said.

:eusa_whistle:

Finally something I can agree with Obama on, he is a jackass.:lol:

Usually when someone wants to say something and they want it off the record, they will say, "this is off the record".

In this instance n00bama was caught by a live mic. There was no "off the record". That is a cop out by the msm.

I personally don't have a problem with Obama calling West a jackass. Kanye happens to be a jackass.

My problem is ABC acting like the pussywhipped wimps and liberal shills that they are.

There would be no problem using sometihng they happened to catch aa conservative saying.

And there certainly would NOT be any kind of apology.

Wasn't there a conservative Congressman just recently caught on the mic? Why, yes there was. Any apologies? :lol::lol::lol:

Cheney was caught on a hot mic agreeing that NYT's Adam Clymer was an asshole. Any apologies? :lol::lol::lol:

...:eusa_whistle:

Usually when someone wants to say something and they want it off the record, they will say, "this is off the record".

In this instance n00bama was caught by a live mic. There was no "off the record". That is a cop out by the msm.

It's accepted convention that anything said before the interview begins is off-the-recrod.

What a pathetic thing for the media to do. So what Obama said what he did. If he told the reporters and the media, then he was a fool to think it wouldn't come up. If they are apologizing the media is just as stupid as I knew they were.

It's accepted convention that anything said before the interview begins is off-the-recrod.

Oh no it's not. You're talking to a reporter, you're talking to a REPORTER and if you want to say something "off the record" you ask that reporter if you can tell them something "off the record" and the reporter decides whether he or she wants to go there.

Or they lie, lol. I mean, they are "reporters" after all. They report things. That's what they do.

When I interview ppl I know or am acquainted with, personal banter between us is generally "off the record" or I will ask "hey can I use that". But generally, if I'm working, I'm working and I remind people that nothing is "off the record" up front.

PLEASE--if they would have caught Bush in an off the record moment--we would have heard about it 24/7 & certainly no apology would have been given---:lol:
BTW--Obama was right the guy was a total JERK!

$obama-and-media.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back