ABC News: Should Michael Steele Resign?

I don't know if I agree with that. I don't think most Americans know who the hell Michael Steele is, frankly.

They prolly think it is Rush Limbaugh's real name.

It might as well may be. He has to apologize when the ol Rushbo doesn't like what is said about him. We all know who the real leader of the party is.

STEELE HAD TO APOLOGIZE TO A RADIO "PERSONALITY". That is so damn pathetic its not even funny.

I keep thinking maybe the GOP is afraid to fire him because they would lose the black vote...and then I wake up as my nap is over...:lol:

The most profound messages coming from the GOP are coming from Beck and Rimbaugh. So, with Steele self destructing, they seem to be the party leaders. Palin in too caught up with the Tea Baggers to handle the GOP. I think they are somewhat competing to see who can nominate the most unelectable candidate.

I really couldn't care less about Steele or whoever the GOP picks to lead the party anymore. I was a Republican all my life, but the world has changed. The November elections really aren't about Republican or Democrat as much as they are about "incumbent, or not?"

The 2012 Presidential election is basically "Obama vs The Person Who Is Not Obama" and the person who is not Obama will win in what could be the biggest landslide in any Presidential election ever.

The 2012 Congressional elections will hinge on how those elected in November are perceived 2 years into their terms. If it worked out well for the People, more of the same. If not, then candidates with little or no political experience at all could rule the day.

I really couldn't care less about Steele or whoever the GOP picks to lead the party anymore. I was a Republican all my life, but the world has changed. The November elections really aren't about Republican or Democrat as much as they are about "incumbent, or not?"

The 2012 Presidential election is basically "Obama vs The Person Who Is Not Obama" and the person who is not Obama will win in what could be the biggest landslide in any Presidential election ever.

The 2012 Congressional elections will hinge on how those elected in November are perceived 2 years into their terms. If it worked out well for the People, more of the same. If not, then candidates with little or no political experience at all could rule the day.
As voters we have a choice. Vote for those who know how to do the job but don't do it or vote for those that can't do the job but are willing to try.

The Roundtable: Should Steele Resign? - Political Punch

“Michael Steele is a self-aggrandizing, gaffe-prone incompetent who would have been fired a long time ago were he not black,” Cynthia Tucker of The Atlanta Journal Constitution said. “Of course the irony is he never would have been voted in as chairman of the Republican party were he not black."

The GOP made him Chairman in an attempt to gain the black vote. They made Palin VP nominee to gain the female vote. How did those moves work out for them?

Next, maybe they should nominate Rim Lushbaugh to gain the fat head vote. THEY WOULD SURELY WIN!

Michael Steele should resign over his comment--that Afganistan was "Obama's war." It's not Obama's war it's our war.

Now while I certainly agree with Steele's second paragraph statement that no one has won a war "on the ground" for centuries in Afganistan--we have to admit that Bush did it--so it's really not Obama's fault.

Do they need to change strategy--OH YEAH. We can put soldiers to live in these tribal areas for centuries and it won't change a thing in Afganistan. We are dealing with tribal leaders--whom if they aren't fighting us--they fight each other. It's like trying to yank out the 13th century in these people and expecting them to form a democracy overnight.

It's laughable. The faster we can get out of Afganistan the better. BUT--I would install a small air base-- man'd by about 15-20K American soldiers in a fortress with lots of preditor drones--to make certain that this country doesn't go back to the Taliban or Al Queda.

Last edited:

“Michael Steele is a self-aggrandizing, gaffe-prone incompetent who would have been fired a long time ago were he not black,” Cynthia Tucker of The Atlanta Journal Constitution said. “Of course the irony is he never would have been voted in as chairman of the Republican party were he not black."

The GOP made him Chairman in an attempt to gain the black vote. They made Palin VP nominee to gain the female vote. How did those moves work out for them?

Next, maybe they should nominate Rim Lushbaugh to gain the fat head vote. THEY WOULD SURELY WIN!

No. Steele should not resign. He is far too important to the Democrats right where he is...

I'm actually applauding Mr. Steele today. He was just being honest. I also agree with him. We should get the H*ll out of Afghanistan. These Wars are Obama's Wars as well. They came with the job. It his choice on how they're fought. He is also failing miserably in Afghanistan at this time. I'm just so sick of everyone being so quick to attack and condemn someone for merely expressing their opinions. You don't like what he said? Well too bad. Get over it.

If Steele is a TRUE-"conservative", ya' gotta wonder what his NEXT hu$tle is gonna be!!! :eek:

"For six years, former presidential hopeful Fred Thompson played Arthur Branch, the gruff, straight-shooting district attorney in the television series Law and Order. Thompson's character had an unflinching commitment to the letter of the law. The same can't be said for a firm that Thompson has been pitching for lately in TV ads: a mortgage company that's landed in hot water in a half-dozen states for allegedly preying on elderly Americans and, in some cases, violating state law.

A questionable company enlisting a popular public figure like Thompson to peddle its wares is nothing new. As Mother Jones recently reported, a company called Goldline International uses TV and radio host Glenn Beck to lure unwitting customers into dubious gold-buying deals. (AAG has also advertised on Beck's Fox TV show.) Last month, JD Hayworth, a former Republican congressman who's angling for Arizona senator John McCain's seat, suffered a major embarrassment when an old infomercial resurfaced showing the conservative plugging $1,000 seminars on how to tap "free" government money."

Last edited:

I dunno... seems like Obama sure locked up the mentally challenged vote.

I dunno... seems like Obama sure locked up the mentally challenged vote.
oooooooooooooooooooooo.....Elementary-School/Teabagger humor!!

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

No. Steele should not resign. He is far too important to the Democrats right where he is...

I must agree. That guy couldn't keep a secret if the weight of all humanity hung in the balance.

Forum List

Back