ABC News: Big Three CEOs Flew Private Jets to Please for Public Funds

I thought his answer was funny and I enjoy comedy, but I wanted a real answer to my question. I really don't know why the Democrats are pushing so hard to bail-out the Big Three automakers and why the majority of politicians who voted for the bail-out were Democrats and Neoconservatives (which are similar to Democrats). I'd really like to know.

Maybe the automotive manufacturing industry is like a form of DNA for US manufacturing itself? Perhaps it's too important to be allowed to fail? I'm not being partisan on this question. It's a terrible situation for anyone to confront.

I still cannot believe that GM could fail, just can't get my head around it. About ten minutes drive from my place there is a GM factory (makes Pontiacs for the US market as well as producing vehicles for the domestic market here) and they've cut back on production and have cut the working week rather than sack some of the workforce (not only a compassionate move but a smart one too). I tell you in our little economy if GM left it would cause immense problems, so the effect of the loss of the Big Three in the US must be of a terrible potential for damage.

I thought his answer was funny and I enjoy comedy, but I wanted a real answer to my question. I really don't know why the Democrats are pushing so hard to bail-out the Big Three automakers and why the majority of politicians who voted for the bail-out were Democrats and Neoconservatives (which are similar to Democrats). I'd really like to know.

because they owe the unions for helping get brock elected.

Okay, if you're not making enough money to pay your bills, do you go out and spend MORE money?
Yes! It's called "Product Improvement Through Research and Development".
If you do a poor job, don't you get fired? Having gotten fired, do they give you a big payout?
How much of the downturn was due to the spike in oil costs? Is that the CEO's fault? How about we go after our own oil supply so we can weather oil price fluctuations better? How about going after those in congress that stood in our way of oil independence? Now that oil is dropping I expect car sales to pick up, although I couldn't guess how much. If Obama and Congress don't authorize more oil exploration and drilling then gas prices will spike again when the economy picks up. (And it WILL you know)
If I signed a contract with a golden parachute then, YES I EXPECT TO GET PAID THAT AMOUNT OR I SUE IN COURT! You would too.
When my husband was laid off for 3 years, I had to sell my 69 mustang convertible so we could pay some of our bills. I think when your corporations is doing poorly, you should sell the private jet and use the money to pay off some of your bills.
What was your husband doing for those three years, waiting to get his job back? Going to school? Work a different job?
Your 1969 Mustang was a luxury item right? Corporate jets, no matter what you think of them, are transportation.
I think you on the left are just guilty of class envy.

Maybe the automotive manufacturing industry is like a form of DNA for US manufacturing itself? Perhaps it's too important to be allowed to fail? I'm not being partisan on this question. It's a terrible situation for anyone to confront.

I still cannot believe that GM could fail, just can't get my head around it. About ten minutes drive from my place there is a GM factory (makes Pontiacs for the US market as well as producing vehicles for the domestic market here) and they've cut back on production and have cut the working week rather than sack some of the workforce (not only a compassionate move but a smart one too). I tell you in our little economy if GM left it would cause immense problems, so the effect of the loss of the Big Three in the US must be of a terrible potential for damage.

Now that's a good point. The auto manufacturers were used during WW-II and helped the allies win the war.

Sad:

big3a.jpg

When it says "average", are they including the CEO's salary, that can really skew things. What's the median?

Because the Republicans bailed out Wall St.

More Democrats sided with Bush (you can count, look at yay versus nay). President-Elect Obama and the other choice for President --> McCain sided (voted) with Bush. Don't forget about President-elect talking about Bush failed economic policy over and over and then voted for another one. Obama voted for another of Bush's failed economic policies = $700 billion bailout.

Last edited:
Don;t bother

Lefties don't read things with facts in them

thats a pretty rich statement this side of those missing phantom wmd's, dude... Wanna generalize some more or shall we all remember those mobile chem weapons labs your kind was fond of a few years back?

thats a pretty rich statement this side of those missing phantom wmd's, dude... Wanna generalize some more or shall we all remember those mobile chem weapons labs your kind was fond of a few years back?

What does WMDs, mobile chem, have to do with the Democrats trying to bailout Detroit? We already seen the Dems sided with Bush in a majority with the $700 billion bailout and look how that turned out. Paulson doesn't know what to do with our taxpayers money.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back