ABC News: Big Three CEOs Flew Private Jets to Please for Public Funds

ok....here's the Real Estate Scoop on Long Island...

I've noticed lately a rash of Mansions (not McMansions but MANSIONS)....going up for rent lol

I guess there must be a different sect of society having trouble paying THEIR mortgages too! In fact.....I'm in shock at the amount of Mansions popping up for rent. A lot of them are Option-To-Buy which means they can't sell them so now they're going to try and find a renter to pay their mortgage.

("Please please God, let me find a customer that wants to rent one of these mansions so I can get a one month real estate fee" --This is the sound of me chanting every freaking night lol)

2120299.jpg

Old Brookville List Price: $45,000 (per month_
14 Room, 7 Bedroom, 5 Full 2 Half Baths, Colonial Whole House: Kitchen Type: Eik Last Status Change: New
School Dist: 1 North Shore Occ: Basement: Full Heat: Rental Type:
Lot Size: 2.53 Option to Buy: Y Finished: Y Electric: #Fireplaces: 3
Listing Broker: Prudential Douglas Elliman ML#: 2120299

2128652_5.jpg

Locust Valley List Price: $24,000

11 Room, 6 Bedroom, 5 Full 3 Half Baths, Contemporary Whole House: Y Kitchen Type: Eik Last Status Change: NEW
School Dist: 3 Locust Valley Occ: Basement: Full Heat: Not Inc Rental Type:
Lot Size: 4 Acres Option to Buy: N Finished: Y Electric: Not Inc #Fireplaces: 1
Listing Broker: Daniel Gale Assoc Inc ML#: 2128652

2127439.jpg

2127439_8.jpg

Old Westbury List Price: $17,000
18 Room, 7 Bedroom, 9 Full 2 Half Baths, Colonial Whole House: Y Kitchen Type: Eik Last Status Change: NEW
School Dist: 2 East Williston Occ: Basement: Full Heat: Not Inc Rental Type: 1 Year
Lot Size: 2.23 Acres Option to Buy: Y Finished: Y Electric: Not Inc #Fireplaces: 5
Century 21 Laffey Associates ML#: 2127439

2132261.jpg

490 Old Wetbury Rd, East Hills List Price: $11,500
12 Room, 6 Bedroom, 4 Full 1 Half Baths, Colonial Whole House: Y Kitchen Type: Eik Last Status Change: NEW
School Dist: 3 Roslyn Occ: Immediat Basement: Full Heat: Not Inc Rental Type: 1 Year
Lot Size: 1.03 Option to Buy: Y Finished: Electric: Not Inc #Fireplaces: 1
Listing Broker: Shawn Elliott Luxury Homes ML#: 2132261

Last edited:
Lets be honest, if you had private jets you would take them to one of the most important meetings of your life too. The CEO's are going to a meeting where they have to convince the American people to pay for their companies bad investments. Wouldn't you want to fly their privately so that you could prepare for the meeting, discuss the plan with your own guests on board, and leave when it was over (probably very late). Whether it is right for us to bail out these companies is one thing, but them making the most effective decisions is another. Also if I was one of these guys there is no way I would be caught flying publicly, I'd get jumped!

ok....here's the Real Estate Scoop on Long Island...

I've noticed lately a rash of Mansions (not McMansions but MANSIONS)....going up for rent lol

I guess there must be a different sect of society having trouble paying THEIR mortgages too! In fact.....I'm in shock at the amount of Mansions popping up for rent. A lot of them are Option-To-Buy which means they can't sell them so now they're going to try and find a renter to pay their mortgage.

("Please please God, let me find a customer that wants to rent one of these mansions so I can get a one month real estate fee" --This is the sound of me chanting every freaking night lol)

2120299.jpg

Old Brookville List Price: $45,000 (per month_
14 Room, 7 Bedroom, 5 Full 2 Half Baths, Colonial Whole House: Kitchen Type: Eik Last Status Change: New
School Dist: 1 North Shore Occ: Basement: Full Heat: Rental Type:
Lot Size: 2.53 Option to Buy: Y Finished: Y Electric: #Fireplaces: 3
Listing Broker: Prudential Douglas Elliman ML#: 2120299

2128652_5.jpg

Locust Valley List Price: $24,000

11 Room, 6 Bedroom, 5 Full 3 Half Baths, Contemporary Whole House: Y Kitchen Type: Eik Last Status Change: NEW
School Dist: 3 Locust Valley Occ: Basement: Full Heat: Not Inc Rental Type:
Lot Size: 4 Acres Option to Buy: N Finished: Y Electric: Not Inc #Fireplaces: 1
Listing Broker: Daniel Gale Assoc Inc ML#: 2128652

2127439.jpg
2127439_8.jpg

Old Westbury List Price: $17,000
18 Room, 7 Bedroom, 9 Full 2 Half Baths, Colonial Whole House: Y Kitchen Type: Eik Last Status Change: NEW
School Dist: 2 East Williston Occ: Basement: Full Heat: Not Inc Rental Type: 1 Year
Lot Size: 2.23 Acres Option to Buy: Y Finished: Y Electric: Not Inc #Fireplaces: 5
Century 21 Laffey Associates ML#: 2127439

2132261.jpg

490 Old Wetbury Rd, East Hills List Price: $11,500
12 Room, 6 Bedroom, 4 Full 1 Half Baths, Colonial Whole House: Y Kitchen Type: Eik Last Status Change: NEW
School Dist: 3 Roslyn Occ: Immediat Basement: Full Heat: Not Inc Rental Type: 1 Year
Lot Size: 1.03 Option to Buy: Y Finished: Electric: Not Inc #Fireplaces: 1
Listing Broker: Shawn Elliott Luxury Homes ML#: 2132261

Thanks for the pictures. I love looking at houses. I like the one with the indoor pool. Is it furnished? At $17,000 for a month, that's not really bad for a months vacation with an indoor pool. I'd do it if it came with a maid and a cook and a butler, and of course if I had the money, mainly if I had the money.:lol:

Lets be honest, if you had private jets you would take them to one of the most important meetings of your life too. The CEO's are going to a meeting where they have to convince the American people to pay for their companies bad investments. Wouldn't you want to fly their privately so that you could prepare for the meeting, discuss the plan with your own guests on board, and leave when it was over (probably very late). Whether it is right for us to bail out these companies is one thing, but them making the most effective decisions is another. Also if I was one of these guys there is no way I would be caught flying publicly, I'd get jumped!

Yeah....if it's one to be celebrated, but flying a private jet, to beg for money, because you fucked up your company, DOES NOT WORK.

That would be like a criminal going to the most important meeting in HIS life (court), and bringing the murder weapon.

Personally? I say let the fuckers go broke, restructure under Chapt 11, and fire all the CEO's, and tell them they just lost their pensions because they ran their company into the ground.

Oh......know why the CEO's kept building cars with crappy mileage? Seems that one of their "perks" is that for 250/mo, they get a brand new car, don't have to pay for repairs, insurance or GAS. And, they can get a different one every 6 months.

They didn't have a clue because they insulated themselves from the rest of the world. No wonder they built so many Hummers and SUV's.

Nope.....if they TRULY were asking humbly, they would have taken a commercial jet. And no......I don't think anyone would have attacked them because I didn't know what the pricks looked like until this morning.

Last edited:
Would someone tell me how not having a corporate jet will make that companies products better?
Can someone tell me how a CEO making a low wage would make a company better?
Would someone please explain to me how giving billions of dollars to the Big Three will make their products better and cause people buy more of them?

I honestly don't see the connections.

Would someone tell me how not having a corporate jet will make that companies products better?
Would someone please explain to me how giving billions of dollars to the Big Three will make their products better and cause people buy more of them?

Okay, if you're not making enough money to pay your bills, do you go out and spend MORE money?

If you do a poor job, don't you get fired? Having gotten fired, do they give you a big payout?

When my husband was laid off for 3 years, I had to sell my 69 mustang convertible so we could pay some of our bills. I think when your corporations is doing poorly, you should sell the private jet and use the money to pay off some of your bills.

Not having a corporate jet? Saves money by not wasting it on maintenance, upkeep, initial cost, as well as fuel. Commercial flights are cheaper. WTF do you think places like CNN do? They fly coach also!

CEO making a low wage? Well, if they are in a position to make decisions, they should make decent money, just cut out the obscene bonuses.

Giving billions of dollars WON'T help. They'll just start sucking off the govt teat like the airlines are now.

People won't buy more products when they can get better ones cheaper. If they want people to buy their cars, start off with improvement of mileage to 40 mpg or better. Next? Start researching and developing alternative energy vehicles.

Shit man......the foreign car makers have got about a 10 year head start on them.

Private Aircraft like a Cessna Citation X or a GulfStream IV are not the most economical method of travel for a single individual. Let me be frank here, these aircraft burn through quite a lot of jet fuel not to mention the the cost of the aircrew, which I can tell you in the case of major CEO's are not cheap. A private jet aircraft allows a corporate head to be flexible, mobile, and not bound to travel schedules when they travel on company business. Personally as the head of Ford, GM, or Chrysler and as they are World Wide companies, I see not one thing wrong with those companies having these private aircraft to allow them the ability to do that. However, in a decision making process to travel on short hops CEO's as well as any Senior management should be a little smarter and more aware of the use of such aircraft and to what purpose they are needed.

Another issues I wanted to add here is a little side issue, when any company or person usually applies for a loan they present some sort of collateral for that loan. So why not present these aircraft for lifeflight purposes and ask the BIG 3 to provide vehicles GNG Van's for Urban tranporatation in rural areas of the country that don't have it. Just a thought.

Just heard on CNN.......one of the congresspeople asked the 3 CEO's if they were willing to sell their jet and fly back commercial, to raise their hand.

Nobody raised their hand.

The congressperson noted it for the record. Kinda funny if you think about it, they were talking about saving money, fuel efficiency, and asking for money for both.

Actually......it's pretty sad........

No, but I have a question.

What do you want to hear?

I thought his answer was funny and I enjoy comedy, but I wanted a real answer to my question. I really don't know why the Democrats are pushing so hard to bail-out the Big Three automakers and why the majority of politicians who voted for the bail-out were Democrats and Neoconservatives (which are similar to Democrats). I'd really like to know.

I thought his answer was funny and I enjoy comedy, but I wanted a real answer to my question. I really don't know why the Democrats are pushing so hard to bail-out the Big Three automakers and why the majority of politicians who voted for the bail-out were Democrats and Neoconservatives (which are similar to Democrats). I'd really like to know.

Really? Then why did McStupid "parachute into Washington" to pass it?

Forum List

Back