ABC News: Big Three CEOs Flew Private Jets to Please for Public Funds

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by DavidS, Nov 19, 2008.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Unfuckingbelievable. If your company is doing so crappy, take a pay cut, sell your jets, sell your mansions, and be like the rest of us.

Story here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. GigiBowman

GigiBowman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    ok....here's the Real Estate Scoop on Long Island...

I've noticed lately a rash of Mansions (not McMansions but MANSIONS)....going up for rent lol

I guess there must be a different sect of society having trouble paying THEIR mortgages too! In fact.....I'm in shock at the amount of Mansions popping up for rent. A lot of them are Option-To-Buy which means they can't sell them so now they're going to try and find a renter to pay their mortgage.

("Please please God, let me find a customer that wants to rent one of these mansions so I can get a one month real estate fee" --This is the sound of me chanting every freaking night lol)

[​IMG]

Old Brookville List Price: $45,000 (per month_
    14 Room, 7 Bedroom, 5 Full 2 Half Baths, Colonial Whole House: Kitchen Type: Eik Last Status Change: New
    School Dist: 1 North Shore Occ: Basement: Full Heat: Rental Type:
    Lot Size: 2.53 Option to Buy: Y Finished: Y Electric: #Fireplaces: 3
    Listing Broker: Prudential Douglas Elliman ML#: 2120299

[​IMG]
    Locust Valley List Price: $24,000

11 Room, 6 Bedroom, 5 Full 3 Half Baths, Contemporary Whole House: Y Kitchen Type: Eik Last Status Change: NEW
    School Dist: 3 Locust Valley Occ: Basement: Full Heat: Not Inc Rental Type:
    Lot Size: 4 Acres Option to Buy: N Finished: Y Electric: Not Inc #Fireplaces: 1
    Listing Broker: Daniel Gale Assoc Inc ML#: 2128652

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Old Westbury List Price: $17,000
    18 Room, 7 Bedroom, 9 Full 2 Half Baths, Colonial Whole House: Y Kitchen Type: Eik Last Status Change: NEW
    School Dist: 2 East Williston Occ: Basement: Full Heat: Not Inc Rental Type: 1 Year
    Lot Size: 2.23 Acres Option to Buy: Y Finished: Y Electric: Not Inc #Fireplaces: 5
    Century 21 Laffey Associates ML#: 2127439

[​IMG]

490 Old Wetbury Rd, East Hills List Price: $11,500
    12 Room, 6 Bedroom, 4 Full 1 Half Baths, Colonial Whole House: Y Kitchen Type: Eik Last Status Change: NEW
    School Dist: 3 Roslyn Occ: Immediat Basement: Full Heat: Not Inc Rental Type: 1 Year
    Lot Size: 1.03 Option to Buy: Y Finished: Electric: Not Inc #Fireplaces: 1
    Listing Broker: Shawn Elliott Luxury Homes ML#: 2132261

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  3. seth1492

seth1492 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Lets be honest, if you had private jets you would take them to one of the most important meetings of your life too. The CEO's are going to a meeting where they have to convince the American people to pay for their companies bad investments. Wouldn't you want to fly their privately so that you could prepare for the meeting, discuss the plan with your own guests on board, and leave when it was over (probably very late). Whether it is right for us to bail out these companies is one thing, but them making the most effective decisions is another. Also if I was one of these guys there is no way I would be caught flying publicly, I'd get jumped!

4. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Amen to that! <well, without the language>

5. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Thanks for the pictures. I love looking at houses. I like the one with the indoor pool. Is it furnished? At $17,000 for a month, that's not really bad for a months vacation with an indoor pool. I'd do it if it came with a maid and a cook and a butler, and of course if I had the money, mainly if I had the money.:lol:

6. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    looks like my house

7. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,411
    Yeah....if it's one to be celebrated, but flying a private jet, to beg for money, because you fucked up your company, DOES NOT WORK.

That would be like a criminal going to the most important meeting in HIS life (court), and bringing the murder weapon.

Personally? I say let the fuckers go broke, restructure under Chapt 11, and fire all the CEO's, and tell them they just lost their pensions because they ran their company into the ground.

Oh......know why the CEO's kept building cars with crappy mileage? Seems that one of their "perks" is that for 250/mo, they get a brand new car, don't have to pay for repairs, insurance or GAS. And, they can get a different one every 6 months.

They didn't have a clue because they insulated themselves from the rest of the world. No wonder they built so many Hummers and SUV's.

Nope.....if they TRULY were asking humbly, they would have taken a commercial jet. And no......I don't think anyone would have attacked them because I didn't know what the pricks looked like until this morning.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  8. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    Would someone tell me how not having a corporate jet will make that companies products better?
    Can someone tell me how a CEO making a low wage would make a company better?
    Would someone please explain to me how giving billions of dollars to the Big Three will make their products better and cause people buy more of them?

I honestly don't see the connections.

9. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Okay, if you're not making enough money to pay your bills, do you go out and spend MORE money?

If you do a poor job, don't you get fired? Having gotten fired, do they give you a big payout?

When my husband was laid off for 3 years, I had to sell my 69 mustang convertible so we could pay some of our bills. I think when your corporations is doing poorly, you should sell the private jet and use the money to pay off some of your bills.

10. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,411
    Not having a corporate jet? Saves money by not wasting it on maintenance, upkeep, initial cost, as well as fuel. Commercial flights are cheaper. WTF do you think places like CNN do? They fly coach also!

CEO making a low wage? Well, if they are in a position to make decisions, they should make decent money, just cut out the obscene bonuses.

Giving billions of dollars WON'T help. They'll just start sucking off the govt teat like the airlines are now.

People won't buy more products when they can get better ones cheaper. If they want people to buy their cars, start off with improvement of mileage to 40 mpg or better. Next? Start researching and developing alternative energy vehicles.

Shit man......the foreign car makers have got about a 10 year head start on them.