ABC: Emanuel Was Director Of Freddie Mac During Scandal

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
President-elect Barack Obama's newly appointed chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, served on the board of directors of the federal mortgage firm Freddie Mac at a time when scandal was brewing at the troubled agency and the board failed to spot "red flags," according to government reports reviewed by ABCNews.com.

According to a complaint later filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Freddie Mac, known formally as the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, misreported profits by billions of dollars in order to deceive investors between the years 2000 and 2002.

Emanuel was not named in the SEC complaint (click here to read) but the entire board was later accused by the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) (click here to read) of having "failed in its duty to follow up on matters brought to its attention."

Link here

Your a poor loser and not the brightest bulb in the coal bin, Paperboy.

If this keeps you happy, go for it.

Great rebutal Gayboy

perhaps when you take the dick out of your ass you may be able to think more clearly

Your a poor loser and not the brightest bulb in the coal bin, Paperboy.

If this keeps you happy, go for it.

He posted facts. Just because you can't spin 'em to fit your agenda doesn't give you the right to attack him personally, that just makes you an asshole.

Your avatar is scaring my dog.

Your dog's a pussy then.

Why won't the Dems in here respond to the facts in this post?

You don't care that the new WH chief of staff already has questionable ties?

Should we bring back Andrew Card?

Your dog's a pussy then.

Why won't the Dems in here respond to the facts in this post?

You don't care that the new WH chief of staff already has questionable ties?

Should we bring back Andrew Card?

Alright, I will reply to these facts as a liberal:

First of all, like it was reported: the SEC didn't implicate him.

Secondly, just because he was on the board of directors doesn't mean he has control or knowledge of everything that goes on within the institution.

Thirdly, the Clinton Administration and the Bush Admininstration pushed to have Fannie May and Freddie Mac extend loans to people who otherwise wouldn't have been approved of those loans.

Fourthly, this is typical of the media: overblown guilt-by-association. Its these kinds of stories that the right-wing has been crying bias about when it came to anyone or any decision made by the GOP. Anything to get your attention and sell the news. They're in the business of making money.

This isn't really an issue. Not that any conservative will believe that, but its why the Dems and liberals haven't been posting arguments on this thread.

Alright, I will reply to these facts as a liberal:

First of all, like it was reported: the SEC didn't implicate him.

Secondly, just because he was on the board of directors doesn't mean he has control or knowledge of everything that goes on within the institution.

Thirdly, the Clinton Administration and the Bush Admininstration pushed to have Fannie May and Freddie Mac extend loans to people who otherwise wouldn't have been approved of those loans.

WOW, what am I hearing?

"First of all, like it was reported: the SEC didn't implicate him."

You are right no one on the board was implicated, however the review did basically say they were a bunch of fuck ups

"Secondly, just because he was on the board of directors doesn't mean he has control or knowledge of everything that goes on within the institution"

But everyone killed McCain for being on th ebaord that gave me money to Khaladi's orgnization for research in the middle east even though they never met. Hyporcrit much?

"Thirdly, the Clinton Administration and the Bush Admininstration pushed to have Fannie May and Freddie Mac extend loans to people who otherwise wouldn't have been approved of those loans."

Actually the bush admin tried to create an agency to oversee Freddy and Fanny that coul dhave either stopped or soften the blow of what is happening now.

Perhaps when you get your head out of your ass you will begin to see the light

WOW, what am I hearing?

You are right no one on the board was implicated, however the review did basically say they were a bunch of fuck ups

"Secondly, just because he was on the board of directors doesn't mean he has control or knowledge of everything that goes on within the institution"

But everyone killed McCain for being on th ebaord that gave me money to Khaladi's orgnization for research in the middle east even though they never met. Hyporcrit much?

"Thirdly, the Clinton Administration and the Bush Admininstration pushed to have Fannie May and Freddie Mac extend loans to people who otherwise wouldn't have been approved of those loans."

Actually the bush admin tried to create an agency to oversee Freddy and Fanny that coul dhave either stopped or soften the blow of what is happening now.

Andrew, Andrew Andrew, son, what the hell's the matter with you? You know you cannot expect to hold a pussy liberal to the same high standards that you and I follow. They're just not up to it. It's just not in their paygrade.. pos rep for you!!

WOW, what am I hearing?

Well, you have the right to swallow everything that's fed to you.

So, you're blaming me for something I never said? Okay, whatever makes you feel cool...

I'd say that depends on whose propaganda one dogatically believes.

Sure. I'll do that. Sound advice from a wise and intelligent person.:eusa_eh:

I don't know did you ever say it? No clue, I know one thing, even if you didn't say it, I know you didn't defend him on it like you are defending Emanuel.

Forum List

Back