ABC,CBS,NBC,etc. do not produce "fake news".... what they do is present...

And this is what most Americans now think of when it comes to the MSM. Biased news.
Yes, most of the mainstream media is clearly biased to the Left, it no longer makes much of an effort to hide it, and it's nice to see someone who understands the distinction between "biased" news and "fake" news.

I'd disagree about what's happening on the Right, though. First, what was originally meant by "fake news" was the goofy shit being quoted from sites like Breitbart, Alex Jones, and WND. Stuff that was just demonstrably wrong, obviously made up. And FOX, while they do a better job of presenting pundits from both sides, is almost cartoonish in the way it presents the news, and its over editorial bias is as clear as that of CNN and MSNBC.

Our "media" in this country is a fucking disgrace.

It's fep0
"biased" news. And this is what most Americans now think of when it comes to the MSM.
Biased news.
Now most of you biased MSM defenders say well what about Fox? Yes the present a "biased" news also.
But instead of "biased" left or Democrat or progressive, Fox presents BALANCED news that just appears
because it is "balanced" biased!

So rather then let the FACTS speak for themselves, i.e. the MSM does not produce fake news but biased news, I will open this dialogue with intelligent open minded people and prove me wrong, i.e. that the MSM present the news in a biased left leaning democrat favoring manner.

To set the tone for this I ask you open minded people (of which there are truly a small number for sure)
to honestly assess the perceptions of Americans when it comes to the MSM.
According to Gallup, only 32% of Americans still believe the lies, half-truths, and shameless propaganda being offered by the old media:
Now mind you this is saying only 32% of Americans think the MSM is to be believed.

It's not that the MSM is producing "fake news"... again... it is HOW they present it is a biased fashion.
Let's look at the latest example of how the MSM biases the news...

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer came under fire Tuesday after saying that Adolf Hitler “didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons” against his own people like Syrian strongman Bashar Al-Assad. Spicer, speaking from the White House podium at the daily press briefing, said that Hitler, whom he called “despicable,” did not use “the gas on his own people the same way Assad used them.”
Now, if you parse Spicer’s statement carefully enough, there’s both a strictly literally defensible position and a grain of general truth there.
It’s true that chemical weapons were banned by common agreement after World War I. It’s true that the combatants in World War II, Nazi Germany included, generally adhered to that ban.
It’s true that large-scale chemical attacks on civilian targets have been been deployed freely by the Assad regime, in ways that have no direct parallel even in the cornucopia of atrocities that was the Second World War in Europe.
Spicer, after several botched efforts to clean up this wholly unnecessary rhetorical mess (some of which came off as if Spicer was suggesting that German Jews were not Hitler’s “own people”), apologized.
Sean Spicer Steps in a Hitler Mess

But what did the MSM ABC,CBS,NBC lead with their MAIN story on Tuesday 4/11/17?
In spite of more dramatic events that occurred they all led off their newscast like this:
WHY was this a "firestorm"???? Why did these MSM people insist Spicer needed to resign?
Again.... read the above closer and you will see why most of us don't believe the MSM!

View attachment 121943
Americans' Trust in Mass Media Sinks to New Low

This thread is nothing more than an echo of the RW meme that the MSM is biased by liberals who support the Democratic Party. It is an example of a BIG LIE, which when repeated ad nausea the biddable - i.e. easily led - public will believe.

Spicer, for example, does not give a press conference, and never has since his first appearance as a Trump sycophant. To pretend Fox News, or Breitbart and et al Internet sources are "news" and not propaganda wrapped in damn lies and character assassinations is foolish and a damn lie itself.

But let's give the Alt. Right credit, they have effectively done what what the Republican Party wanted, to dumb down American voters. Time will tell how many of these biddable and retarded Trump voters will one day realize they created the monster of Authoritarianism, which B. Franklin warned us about when he said, "you have a Republic, if you can keep it".

Oh how you forget political hack

Has Hillary Clinton not had a press conference in 269 days?

HRC is yesterday, only fools and the uneducated continue to use this second grade argument. Trump is today, and he along with his cronies and sycophants are unfit to lead, are authoritarian and bigoted.

Now, try to rebut my opinion without using Clinton or Obama, tell us oh wizard of nod, what you believe Trump&Co. have done to make America Great Again. List his accomplishments - if there are any, and I'll list his many failures.

Yes, they produce fake news:

Time Magazine reports Trump removed MLK bust. He didn't. It was behind the big ass fucking door that was wide open. Just like this idiots mouth was. This wasn't biased, this was fake news.

Trump attacks Time reporter for mistake about MLK bust

16 examples of fake news run since Trumps election:

16 Fake News Stories Reporters Have Run Since Trump Won

Example ^^^ is a lie of omission, the story was walked back as untrue shortly after it was posted. It was a mistake, an admitted error by the reporter.

It's not a lie of omission LOL If you report Trump removed a bust and he didn't the only thing you're omitting is the TRUTH!

And this is what most Americans now think of when it comes to the MSM. Biased news.
Yes, most of the mainstream media is clearly biased to the Left, it no longer makes much of an effort to hide it, and it's nice to see someone who understands the distinction between "biased" news and "fake" news.

I'd disagree about what's happening on the Right, though. First, what was originally meant by "fake news" was the goofy shit being quoted from sites like Breitbart, Alex Jones, and WND. Stuff that was just demonstrably wrong, obviously made up. And FOX, while they do a better job of presenting pundits from both sides, is almost cartoonish in the way it presents the news, and its over editorial bias is as clear as that of CNN and MSNBC.

Our "media" in this country is a fucking disgrace.

It's fep0
"biased" news. And this is what most Americans now think of when it comes to the MSM.
Biased news.
Now most of you biased MSM defenders say well what about Fox? Yes the present a "biased" news also.
But instead of "biased" left or Democrat or progressive, Fox presents BALANCED news that just appears
because it is "balanced" biased!

So rather then let the FACTS speak for themselves, i.e. the MSM does not produce fake news but biased news, I will open this dialogue with intelligent open minded people and prove me wrong, i.e. that the MSM present the news in a biased left leaning democrat favoring manner.

To set the tone for this I ask you open minded people (of which there are truly a small number for sure)
to honestly assess the perceptions of Americans when it comes to the MSM.
According to Gallup, only 32% of Americans still believe the lies, half-truths, and shameless propaganda being offered by the old media:
Now mind you this is saying only 32% of Americans think the MSM is to be believed.

It's not that the MSM is producing "fake news"... again... it is HOW they present it is a biased fashion.
Let's look at the latest example of how the MSM biases the news...

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer came under fire Tuesday after saying that Adolf Hitler “didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons” against his own people like Syrian strongman Bashar Al-Assad. Spicer, speaking from the White House podium at the daily press briefing, said that Hitler, whom he called “despicable,” did not use “the gas on his own people the same way Assad used them.”
Now, if you parse Spicer’s statement carefully enough, there’s both a strictly literally defensible position and a grain of general truth there.
It’s true that chemical weapons were banned by common agreement after World War I. It’s true that the combatants in World War II, Nazi Germany included, generally adhered to that ban.
It’s true that large-scale chemical attacks on civilian targets have been been deployed freely by the Assad regime, in ways that have no direct parallel even in the cornucopia of atrocities that was the Second World War in Europe.
Spicer, after several botched efforts to clean up this wholly unnecessary rhetorical mess (some of which came off as if Spicer was suggesting that German Jews were not Hitler’s “own people”), apologized.
Sean Spicer Steps in a Hitler Mess

But what did the MSM ABC,CBS,NBC lead with their MAIN story on Tuesday 4/11/17?
In spite of more dramatic events that occurred they all led off their newscast like this:
WHY was this a "firestorm"???? Why did these MSM people insist Spicer needed to resign?
Again.... read the above closer and you will see why most of us don't believe the MSM!

View attachment 121943
Americans' Trust in Mass Media Sinks to New Low

This thread is nothing more than an echo of the RW meme that the MSM is biased by liberals who support the Democratic Party. It is an example of a BIG LIE, which when repeated ad nausea the biddable - i.e. easily led - public will believe.

Spicer, for example, does not give a press conference, and never has since his first appearance as a Trump sycophant. To pretend Fox News, or Breitbart and et al Internet sources are "news" and not propaganda wrapped in damn lies and character assassinations is foolish and a damn lie itself.

But let's give the Alt. Right credit, they have effectively done what what the Republican Party wanted, to dumb down American voters. Time will tell how many of these biddable and retarded Trump voters will one day realize they created the monster of Authoritarianism, which B. Franklin warned us about when he said, "you have a Republic, if you can keep it".

Oh how you forget political hack

Has Hillary Clinton not had a press conference in 269 days?

HRC is yesterday, only fools and the uneducated continue to use this second grade argument. Trump is today, and he along with his cronies and sycophants are unfit to lead, are authoritarian and bigoted.

Now, try to rebut my opinion without using Clinton or Obama, tell us oh wizard of nod, what you believe Trump&Co. have done to make America Great Again. List his accomplishments - if there are any, and I'll list his many failures.

Bullshit again it's a perfect example to try to fool the masses.

As I've pointed out the MSM BIASED presentation is glaringly obvious!
MSMbiasedTrump.png

Honeymoon from Hell: The Liberal Media vs. President Trump

There is no doubt the media is biased. The question is whether they make fake news.

Bias is one thing, I expect that out of the MSM, but flat out making up stories? That's a whole new ball game.

There is no doubt the media is biased. The question is whether they make fake news.

Bias is one thing, I expect that out of the MSM, but flat out making up stories? That's a whole new ball game.

I agree. The term "fake news" was inappropriate. As I've pointed out so many times.... Trump is NOT Anti-immigrant, nor am I or 40+ million LEGAL Immigrants.
But the MSM seems to leave out that adjective "ILLEGAL" in MOST MSM news pieces. Which again shows their bias!

Forum List

Back