AARP's LIE: Medicare/SS WILL BE CUT.....

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I saw an ad on TV by the AARP that shows a senior citizen, with a gang of seniors behind him, saying: “... Washington, before you even think about cutting my Medicare, and Social Security benefits, here’s a number you should remember: 50 million.

WHAT an ABSOLUTE LIE!!!

The TRUSTEES STATE BENEFITS will be CUT.. not politicians!

NOT ONE person that WANTS to CONTINUE Medicare/SS
are suggesting CUTTING BENEFITS for CURRENT MEDICARE/SS beneficiaries!

IT IS A BALD FACE LIE :"cutting my Medicare, and Social Security benefits, "

BUT AARP is using SCARE TACTICS based ON LIES to insure the Failure of Medicare and Social Security!

AARP is going against the Trustees of Social Security's Assessment..

PLEASE Download this presentation from THE TRUSTEES!!!

FACTS FIRST.. from the Trustees of report that can be downloaded..
Social Security Benefits, Finances, and Policy Options: A Primer | National Academy of Social Insurance

Page 25 ------In 2010 Trust fund received $781.1 billion
paid out $712.5 billion
leaving $68.6 billion used by U.S. government.

BUT!!!!
page 31...In 2023, revenues plus interest income to the trust funds
will be less than total expenditures for that year.
Reserves will start to be drawn down to pay benefits.
MY COMMENT:
MORE MONEY WILL BE PAID OUT THEN MONEY COMING IN!!

In 2036, trust fund reserves are projected to be depleted.
Income is projected to cover 77% of benefits due then.
MY COMMENT:
MORE MONEY PAID OUT THEN MONEY COMING IN!!

By 2085, assuming no change in taxes, benefits or assumptions, revenue would cover
about 74% of benefits due then.
MY COMMENT:
MORE MONEY PAID OUT THEN MONEY COMING IN!!

Advocates that WANT to SAVE Medicare/SS suggest
ANYONE under 55 be allowed to
1) Accumulate guaranteed over $500,000 in their working life time!
WHICH THEY CAN NOT do with AARP's SUGGESTED STATUS QUO!

2) That anyone under 55 can still use current BUT will have a
CHOICE.. NOT FORCED!

Last edited:
It is a matter of time that charges of false and misleading advertising will be brought against AARP!

YOU CAN'T state a BALD face LIE that "current .. CURRENT" Medicare/SS will be cut!
Yet NO ONE seems to be countering this total LIE.

AND AARP also is IGNORING the Trustees THAT SAYS cuts as much as 26% in benefits will OCCUR in 2036!!
BUT even then the IDIOTS at AARP don't seem to recognize THAT is a FACT!!!

I'm going to YELL!!

THERE WILL BE NO CUTS FOR ANYONE CURRENTLY ON MEDICARE AND SOCIAL SECURITY! UNDERSTAND???

NONE OF THOSE 'SENIORS" IN THE AARP AD WILL HAVE ANY OF THEIR BENEFITS CUT!

What is being proposed is to allow anyone UNDER AGE 55 to start their OWN forced savings plan! In other words the nearly $300,000 an employee and employer pay in over 47 years of working will be allowed to accumulate ...
now for those of you who still don't understand!!!

Millionaires and billionaires KNOW the power of compound interest! OK??
If the ordinary American making $30,000 to begin is able to BEFORE TAXES and taken out of their paycheck set aside the $300,000 and this is allowed to compound over 47 years...that simple worker will accumulate $500,000!
All the worker's! NO govt. involved!
Worker can't touch till official retiring at which point the $500,000 can be paid out JUST like social security.. BUT at higher rate!
Instead of getting a measly $1,600/month.. $500,000 could generate
nearly $3,400/month!
And when worker dies any unused portion PASSED on to heirs for their nestegg!

It just gets bigger and bigger..
ALL the WHILE NO Federal debt! NO future liabilities to the workers!

IT WILL WORK cause it is so simple!

SEE the plan...

http://www.downsizinggovernment.org/balanced-budget-plan

However, much larger reforms to the program are needed. Cato scholars have proposed moving to a system based on individual vouchers, personal savings, and consumer choice for elderly health care.17 The House Budget Committee has similarly proposed a plan to convert Medicare into a consumer-driven health system.18 Such reforms would create strong incentives for providers and patients to improve system quality and efficiency.

Last edited:
AARP warns: Hands off seniors’ benefits

Friday, November 1, 2013

The powerful seniors lobby AARP on Friday warned the leaders of the newly formed congressional budget conference committee to stay away from Social Security and Medicare.

The warning letter comes despite strong indications that House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Budget Committee Chairwoman Patty Murray (D-Wash.) are shying away from any “grand bargain” on entitlements and taxes.

Ryan and Murray are trying at a minimum to replace all or part of the sequester's $91 billion in cuts to discretionary spending that are hitting agency operating budgets this fiscal year. Both have talked about cutting mandatory spending, too, a category that includes entitlements. The conference committee is trying to forge a deal by Dec. 13 so a government spending bill can be drawn up by Jan. 15, when another shutdown looms.

“AARP firmly believes that any changes to Social Security, which is off-budget, self-financed by payroll taxes and has run surpluses for most of the last 30 years, must be done separately,” the letter states. “We have therefore opposed, and will continue to oppose, proposals to authorize Social Security changes for, or within the context of, deficit reduction or budget agreements.”

Read more at AARP warns: Hands off seniors' benefits - Patriot UpdatePatriot Update

I saw an ad on TV by the AARP that shows a senior citizen, with a gang of seniors behind him, saying: “... Washington, before you even think about cutting my Medicare, and Social Security benefits, here’s a number you should remember: 50 million.

WHAT an ABSOLUTE LIE!!!

Huh? English?

Where exactly is the "lie"???

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back