AARP backs healthcare bill

First ... you don't have anything more recent?

Second ... that does not address how you came to your assumption that the government paying their healthcare costs influences the price ... a rather flimsy assumption really.

Two years ago is not recent enough?

That's hysterical.

The rest of the world uses national health insurance to keep costs down and provide basic coverage for everyone. We need to do the same.

How does having the government pay for everyone keep the costs down?
$400 hammers
$600 toilet seats

AARP is losing customers. seniors will not support them anymore. archive

AARP, Losing Members Over Health Care, Faces Challenge From Grassroots Senior Advocacy Group

Look out AARP. There's a new senior advocacy group on the block offering a conservative alternative to seniors.

The Atlanta-based American Seniors Association (ASA), which is opposed to President Obama's health care plan, is trying to capitalize on growing public dissatisfaction with the AARP.

[URL="http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/18/aarp-losing-members-health-care-faces-challenge-grassroots-senior-advocacy/"]story[/URL]

[youtube]AoMNDdQ1_h0[/youtube]

Like AARP isn't a corporate lobbyist.

Stupid fuck.

No, AARP isn't a corporate lobbyist.

AARP is a nonprofit.

Are you really this stupid?

A "non-profit"? :lol:

Yeah, right.

And I'm Mary Fucking Poppins. Doh!

The AARP can call themselves a "non-profit" if they want to, but that's just bullshit.

They've got the market cornered on everything related to Senior citizens (or the 50+ crowd, which I don't consider "senior" anymore, since I'm only 3 years away from being eligible).

They have health insurance plans, their own version of AAA, they have lobbyists in DC to nag and sway our politicians on various and sundry issues affecting those 50 and older--such as medicaid, death taxes, grandparent's rights, social security, yada yada yada.....

Yeah, non profit. Right. :rolleyes:

Non-profit does not mean they don't make a profit.

The health "reform" bill approved by the Senate Finance Committee would eliminate the tax deductibility for all insurance company executive salaries over $500,000. However, as drafted by the Committee, the legislation would exempt AARP from this requirement, even though fully 38 percent of its $1.1 billion in 2008 revenue came directly from "royalty fees" paid by United Healthcare-more than AARP received in membership dues, grant revenue, and private contributions combined. But for Chairman Baucus' exemption, AARP salaries would in fact be subject to the penalties in the Finance bill-in 2008, then-CEO William Novelli received total compensation of $1,005,830-more than 78 times the average annual Social Security benefit of $12,738.

Democrats Cut Back-Room Deals Benefiting AARP - GOP.gov

This is a very, very interesting article. Explains a lot.

The health "reform" bill approved by the Senate Finance Committee would eliminate the tax deductibility for all insurance company executive salaries over $500,000. However, as drafted by the Committee, the legislation would exempt AARP from this requirement, even though fully 38 percent of its $1.1 billion in 2008 revenue came directly from "royalty fees" paid by United Healthcare-more than AARP received in membership dues, grant revenue, and private contributions combined. But for Chairman Baucus' exemption, AARP salaries would in fact be subject to the penalties in the Finance bill-in 2008, then-CEO William Novelli received total compensation of $1,005,830-more than 78 times the average annual Social Security benefit of $12,738.

Democrats Cut Back-Room Deals Benefiting AARP - GOP.gov

This is a very, very interesting article. Explains a lot.

its a benefit for kissing Osama's ass

No, you don't get it.

In France medical schools are cheap, therefore their are many more doctors per capita than we have here. More doctors, cheaper medical care. Pretty simple really.

And their tax rate has nothing to do with it. They still pay much less per capita for healthcare than we do. Nice try at lying about the cost of healthcare in France, but you can't fool me with bullshit.

Please explain how the currently proposed health care bill will address the United States' doctor supply. We already have a hard time keeping up with demand for nurses. What will happen to costs when 30 million more people begin going to the doctor because they now have coverage if the doctor/nurse supply does not increase to handle these people?

Using what countries pay per capita without looking into the reasons why is foolish. Too many people apply numbers and statistics to a situation and reach an incorrect conclusion.

You really are clueless.

The rest of the world pays less per capita for healthcare because national health insurance is more effective and cheaper than the emergency room.

Which country produces the most innovation in medical developments?

Please explain how the currently proposed health care bill will address the United States' doctor supply. We already have a hard time keeping up with demand for nurses. What will happen to costs when 30 million more people begin going to the doctor because they now have coverage if the doctor/nurse supply does not increase to handle these people?

Using what countries pay per capita without looking into the reasons why is foolish. Too many people apply numbers and statistics to a situation and reach an incorrect conclusion.

You really are clueless.

The rest of the world pays less per capita for healthcare because national health insurance is more effective and cheaper than the emergency room.

if the deathcare bill pass's it won't be us anymore !!!!!

You really are clueless.

And millions of the worlds poorest people will suffer even more.

This gawd-awful industry of ours has produced advancements that save the lives of millions around the world.

Does this mean that liberals are actuall incredibly self-centered, evil people who hate poor people?

And millions of the worlds poorest people will suffer even more.

This gawd-awful industry of ours has produced advancements that save the lives of millions around the world.

Does this mean that liberals are actuall incredibly self-centered, evil people who hate poor people?

Does this mean that liberals are actuall incredibly self-centered, evil people who hate poor people??

do i really need to answer this ???

No, you don't get it.

In France medical schools are cheap, therefore their are many more doctors per capita than we have here. More doctors, cheaper medical care. Pretty simple really.

And their tax rate has nothing to do with it. They still pay much less per capita for healthcare than we do. Nice try at lying about the cost of healthcare in France, but you can't fool me with bullshit.

You really are clueless.

You did not even answer my question, nor did you provide a source for your statement which I asked for and yet you call me clueless.

Let me give you a clue as to the major reason our costs have increased over the last several decades. From the CBO, a credible source: Technological Change and the Growth of Health Care Spending

From 1965 to 2005, real health care expenditures per capita increased nearly sixfold in the United States. That large increase was the combined result of many factors, and accounting precisely for all of them is difficult. Nonetheless, the general consensus among health economists is that growth in real health care spending was principally the result of the emergence of new medical technologies and services and their adoption and widespread diffusion by the U.S. health care system.5

Now, please provide your own credible source for your statement as to why we pay more per capita, not just that we do pay more per capita. Otherwise, you are the clueless one.

Membership is $16 / year.

Just checked their health insurance rates. Much better than what I've been quoted from other companies. Ranges from $231 to $434.

dead wrong. my aunt was paying 250 bucks a mon for AARP premiums
If you mean membership, that's $16 / year. If you mean insurance premiums, I do believe $250 / month falls within the range I posted above ;)

($250 a month insurance premium for a person age 50-64 is a damn good price, btw)

$400 hammers
$600 toilet seats
Larger healthier client base, more money in premiums vs money spent.
How does everyone automatically become healthier just because gubmint is running the show?
Currently Medicare's client base are the oldest/sickest demographic (either seniors or disabled). If everyone was covered by Medicare, the average age will go down, while the average health will go up. Not only that, but currently only 2.9% of their client base pays premiums (A). Add younger people who have to pay premiums and their revenue increases.

$400 hammers
$600 toilet seats
Larger healthier client base, more money in premiums vs money spent.
How does everyone automatically become healthier just because gubmint is running the show?

2rwlt0w.jpg

Forum List

Back