Aaron Rogers is the closest I've seen to Joe Montana

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
comparing apples to apples at similar ages. I didnt think I was ever going to see a better QB than Montana than in the 85 Super Bowl vs Marino. and and the Dolphins. Took over the game. Headline: Big Sky Falls On Miami.

Rogers is just as mobile as Montana was and has a stronger arm - by far. Extends plays, decisive, doesnt make mistakes.

Has by far the better group of recievers than Montana had - maybe the best group that ever played. Although Jennings injury may prove to be a hinderence.

Sort of came out of nowhere - was good but not great at Cal.

Farves backup at GB.

Barring injury - may go down as the best-ever.

comparing apples to apples at similar ages. I didnt think I was ever going to see a better QB than Montana than in the 85 Super Bowl vs Marino. and and the Dolphins. Took over the game. Headline: Big Sky Falls On Miami.

Rogers is just as mobile as Montana was and has a stronger arm - by far. Extends plays, decisive, doesnt make mistakes.

Has by far the better group of recievers than Montana had - maybe the best group that ever played. Although Jennings injury may prove to be a hinderence.

Farves backup at GB.

He is good,best ever??? there will always be someone bigger faster stronger smarter coming along,but heck its cool to watch.

Farves backup at GB.

You obviously didn't see any of Rodger's games when he played at Cal. He had a great college career, and lit up USC when USC was a powerhouse.

What is this orgasmic love for everything "Joe Montana" with some of you people? Montana was not anywhere near as mobile as some of you think. Maybe you're confusing Montana with Steve Young? Montana didn't have anywhere near the arm strength of Rodgers or Favre or Brady or either of the Manning brothers. Montana had the best wide receiver in NFL history to throw to, not to mention several other receiving options (running backs, tight ends, 2nd receiver, etc.).

Brady and Rodgers are BOTH better than Montana ever was. Period.

Get your facts straight. You're making a habit out of embarrassing yourself with "faux facts".

Montana maybe was the closest thing to Rodgers you've seen since Young, Manning, Marino, Brady, and Rothlesburger. I mean come on.

Farves backup at GB.

You obviously didn't see any of Rodger's games when he played at Cal. He had a great college career, and lit up USC when USC was a powerhouse.

What is this orgasmic love for everything "Joe Montana" with some of you people? Montana was not anywhere near as mobile as some of you think. Maybe you're confusing Montana with Steve Young? Montana didn't have anywhere near the arm strength of Rodgers or Favre or Brady or either of the Manning brothers. Montana had the best wide receiver in NFL history to throw to, not to mention several other receiving options (running backs, tight ends, 2nd receiver, etc.).

Get your facts straight. You're making a habit out of embarrassing yourself with "faux facts".

Montana won a NC and 2 major Bowl games at ND. Not to mention 4 Super Bowls.

Rogers didnt do squat a t Cal.

Lets see how he progresses.

Last edited:
Of the QBs today, Tom Brady is the closest to Joe Montana. Both are overachievers not expected to do well in the NFL. Montana won four Superbowls and Brady won three and had what could have been the winning drive in the fourth. Montana was never the best QB in terms of arm strength, speed or mobility. What Montana had that other QBs lacked was coolness under pressure and a will to win. Brady has those same qualities. Both Montana and Brady have signature victories where they brought their team back in critical games

Aaron Rogers is more like Steve Young to me. Great QBs that sat behind HOF QBs waiting for a shot. Both had their HOF QBs traded so that they could get a shot. Both led their teams to SuperBowls three years later.

Rogers has a way to go before he is a Joe Montana. He needs to win more championships and he needs those victories for the ages that Johnny Unitas, Elway and Montana had

Farves backup at GB.

Excuse me, but you are deluded. Joe Montana's best year does not hold up to Aaron Rogers year. He is on pace to break every single QB record for a season this year.

Farves backup at GB.

Excuse me, but you are deluded. Joe Montana's best year does not hold up to Aaron Rogers year. He is on pace to break every single QB record for a season this year.

It was a different era back then.

QBs did not wear dresses, receivers could be chucked until the ball was released and catching a pass across the middle was risking your life

You can't compare pass statistics from the 80s with today

Farves backup at GB.

QBs did not wear dresses, receivers could be chucked until the ball was released and catching a pass across the middle was risking your life

Did you miss the part where I said every single season record?

Of the QBs today, Tom Brady is the closest to Joe Montana. Both are overachievers not expected to do well in the NFL. Montana won four Superbowls and Brady won three and had what could have been the winning drive in the fourth. Montana was never the best QB in terms of arm strength, speed or mobility. What Montana had that other QBs lacked was coolness under pressure and a will to win. Brady has those same qualities. Both Montana and Brady have signature victories where they brought their team back in critical games

Aaron Rogers is more like Steve Young to me. Great QBs that sat behind HOF QBs waiting for a shot. Both had their HOF QBs traded so that they could get a shot. Both led their teams to SuperBowls three years later.

Rogers has a way to go before he is a Joe Montana. He needs to win more championships and he needs those victories for the ages that Johnny Unitas, Elway and Montana had

I agree with you about Brady. Too much of a celebrity- like being in People Magazine for my tastes. But underneath his pretty-boy image (Randy Moss said he looks like a girl) has a fierce competitive desire. Always an underdog.

Did you see how he got into it with the Pats offensive coordinator on the sidelines after he threw the pick in the endzone??

Then afterwards in the press conference said I srewed up - I made a bad play, I deserved to get yelled at.

A winner.

Did you miss the part where I said every single season record?

Did you miss the part where I said the NFL has fixed the rules so that you are not allowed to defend against the pass and that any new records do not equate to what you had to do in the 80s?

Did you see where Manning smashed all the passing records only to be smashed by Brady and now smashed by Rodgers? Passing is too easy now

Last edited:

:thup:

This morning a guy on ESPN asked if Aaron Rogers is obligated to show up to training camp. FUCK NO. He's in a unique position. He's in the drivers seat. If they had someone better, they'd play them. Or they'd trade Rogers. They don't have anyone better. So see you at the first pre season game. I'm in Cabo.

At this point in his career?

Aaron Rogers is better on paper than Tom Brady. Except for when it matters most.

Farves backup at GB.

None of the above fit to be backup to Brady.

Farves backup at GB.

Few have made the QB position look as easy as Montana and Rodgers

Brady owns the NFL’s record book​

All-time NFL rankings for Tom Brady in significant statistical categories

CATEGORYVALUEALL-TIME RANK
Super Bowl wins71st
Super Bowl appearances101st
Super Bowl MVPs51st
NFL MVPs3T-2nd
Pro Bowl selections151st
Games started3161st
Playoff games started471st
QB regular-season wins2431st
QB playoff wins351st
Pass completions7,2631st
Passing yards84,5201st
Passing touchdowns6241st
Playoff pass completions1,1651st
Playoff passing yards13,0491st
Playoff passing touchdowns861st
Game-winning drives*671st
Fourth-quarter comebacks*511st
Approximate Value3161st
*Includes both playoffs and regular season.

Forum List

Back