Aaaggggngfh!!!!

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
Life used to be so simple when I had a Dell computer. I could just scan pictures to my computer, resize, adjust coloring, etc. Easy as pie.

Now I have this HP printer and computer - which are wonderful in the scheme of things but I cannot do jack squat with pictures. My daughter just asked me what the hell I've been doing at the computer the last 5 hours and I told her I was trying to download a picture to Ancestry. :mad::mad::mad:

I feel like a butt ugly dentist has just given me 25 root canals with no anesthesia. If I push enough buttons on the printer I can get pictures scanned to the computer. *Ahem* Everything goes to the same place which was, presumedly, created by HP. I cannot get pictures from the "my scans" whatever-it-is into my picture folders that I set up for a very good reason. I wanted my pictures in them. I cannot resize, adjust color, upload, download, sideload, circleload, kick-in-the-ass load, or anything else. If I go through enough drop down menus I can rename my picture. *Whew!*

This is a friggin' nightmare. Is there anyone out there who knows something about HP computers or their picture set-up who can tell me what the hell to do to just make my life a little less stressful?

HP software, including printer drivers, sucks ass. I love their hardware...we have a 60 inch color inkjet plotter at work that prints beautifully...but the driver for it sucks.

I've got two HPs here at the house, a B/W lasetjet and a combo machine, that have both stopped talking to my wife's laptop (which is an HP, too! WTF?). And she does the vast majority of the printing in the house.

Not buying any more HPs.

I have no earthly idea. I doesn't seem logical to me that you can drag a picture from a file that you have to close before opening a totally different file to insert the dragged item.

I have no earthly idea. I doesn't seem logical to me that you can drag a picture from a file that you have to close before opening a totally different file to insert the dragged item.
You can do it via My Computer...I'm assuming you use windows? Other wise you can open the folder, select all, copy then go to the folder where you want them, open that and click paste.

Or you could open the program that you want to view the pictures in and open them individually from your MyScans folder.

New Topics

Forum List

Back