Aaaaauugh!!!!!!!!!!

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I hate it when people try to pull a fast one on me. Now I'm pissed off.

Look at my beautiful red car!!

Attachments

• $img024.jpg
    $img024.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 73
  • $img025.jpg
    $img025.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 74
No! Well, yes. But what sucks more is that the frigging tow company refuses to release insurance info and told the body shop people, not very nicely, to tell me to file under my insurance because it was my fault!!

I think not!! I'm not at fault, but my insurance company said to go ahead and file it with them so I can get work started on my car.

SON-OF-A-BITCH!! I've been so pissed off today that I've been jumping and screaming like someone has a frigging blow torch up my ass!!

Traffic was flowing at 30-40 mph in a 70 mph zone, the frigging tow truck ... the frigging BIG tow truck was behind me and he friggin' hit me. He has two choices: he was following way too close OR he tapped me just enough to ring up another tow for his company.

:mad::mad::mad::evil::talktothehand:

put an add in the paper to ask for witnesses who saw him hit you.

Dont let him ruin your holiday ,he will get his.

Another thing that blew my mind is the way they handle this stuff in TN. The THP officer never asked me a damned thing, never spoke a word to me except to ask for my driver's licence, registration and insurance information. Then he hands me this form I have to fill out and mail to Nashville - basically so they can verify my insurance with the company and this other little form so that I can send off to Nashville with an enclosed stamped, self-address envelope and my check for $4 if I want a copy of the accident report ... which may take as much as two weeks to get prepared.

I was told that officers on the scene do not make any decisions about who was at fault ... the insurance companies figure that out for themselves. It seems it would be more effective to hand each driver a copy of the accident report so that they would have it to turn in to their insurance company. But what do I know?

Those motherfuckin' sons of bitches are gonna have shit stained undergarments when I'm done with them!!!

Always have a camera in your car. When shit happens take a picture before anyone asks, tell, you to move your car (unless of course you're wrong). Take pictures showing the position of the vehicles as close to contact as possible, and if the other driver is a bit tipsy, take a video of his actions with your cell.

Always have a camera in your car. When shit happens take a picture before anyone asks, tell, you to move your car (unless of course you're wrong). Take pictures showing the position of the vehicles as close to contact as possible, and if the other driver is a bit tipsy, take a video of his actions with your cell.

Good advice Wry.

I owe you a pos rep.

Is your car a Saturn? It appears to have plastic door panels. That's gonna actually be pretty pricey to fix.

Who dunnit to you Granny? :evil:

I do have a Saturn - my 2nd. Best cars I've ever had. I don't know what kind of doors they have other than crushed ones - well one crushed. A tow truck did that to me. I can't find much about them on the internet, but there were a couple local message boards that had bad stuff to say about them and suggesting that no one should EVER use them. Also they apparently have a sex offender working for them. (Tell me how comfortable that made me feel when I read it!)

Is your car a Saturn? It appears to have plastic door panels. That's gonna actually be pretty pricey to fix.

Who dunnit to you Granny? :evil:

I do have a Saturn - my 2nd. Best cars I've ever had. I don't know what kind of doors they have other than crushed ones - well one crushed. A tow truck did that to me. I can't find much about them on the internet, but there were a couple local message boards that had bad stuff to say about them and suggesting that no one should EVER use them. Also they apparently have a sex offender working for them. (Tell me how comfortable that made me feel when I read it!)

Hey Granny, here's a really good idea for you............

Ever hear of Angie's List on the internet? It's a place where you can write reviews of businesses in your area. Incidentally there's a lot more people that check it than you think.

Write down what happened to you on it, provide times places and dates, as well as what the results were when it finally is over and done.

Best place to hit bastards like that? The pocketbook.

Situations like this are what courts are for. Sue. Let a judge sort it out. It's your best venue for an equitable solution.

"the frigging BIG tow truck was behind me and he friggin' hit me."

No choice at all. He was BEHIND you....HE HIT YOU......his fault. I find it hard to believe that he wasn't cited for the accident. Never heard of such unless it was in a private parking lot or something. Either way...HE HIT YOU...he is at fault. Pay your little piece of change, get the accident report, and take it to court. You are in the right on this one.

Situations like this are what courts are for. Sue. Let a judge sort it out. It's your best venue for an equitable solution.

Of course you should sue. But put the fuckers on Angie's List first, so that everyone else knows what kind of pricks they are.

Like I said..........nothing better than watching your adversaries end up broke and homeless.

Well, I'll tell you folks - the way they handle this stuff in TN absolutely defies logic. My insurance company said since my car is driveable I could take it out of the body shop property while they get the parts in to fix the mess.

I went to my regular mechanic today and asked him how the hell things are done in TN - blew my mind.

First, the officer on the scene makes out a partial accident report and then whenever he has time - like on a break or a day off - he completes the rest of the report. This may take up to two weeks to be completed. The officer does not assign responsibility as to who was at fault - that's for the insurance company to decide. I had to fill out one form and send it to Nashville so they can verify that I do indeed have insurance, but have another form to fill out and send to THP headquarters in Knoxville along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope and a check for $4.00 if I want a copy of the accident report.

I asked him how the hell were you supposed to know when you had a court date ... and there IS NO court date. These things do not go to court for hearings. And here I was making myself crazy worrying about a court date - you don't miss court dates because you lose by default if you're a no-show. Silly me!

My solution: nail the officer for not taking statements from both parties as to what happened; tell my insurance company to nail the towing company, if for no other reason than refusal to give up their insurance information; write my state senator and representative to come up with a bill to require state inspection of vehicles for a variety of reasons and also to come up with a hell of a more efficient way of reporting accidents.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back