a777pilot

Close, 44 R.
Unfortunately, my size has changed in the last 3 years. I can no longer fit into my dress blues. No matter since I plan to be cremated and thrown off a boat via our VA benefits. Free flag to the wife, of course.
My sister will probably do the honor guard thing for me with the local USMC Reserve at a graveside ceremony.

I can get some BDU's at the local G/I Army/Navy Surplus.

Howdy All,

I'm new to this site, so here I am introducing myself. I will be 72 y/o this 5 June. Other than the fact that I am old, the following is about all you need to know. I am a United States Marine.

...'nuff said.
Welcome Marine. My Marine Corps years were '75 to '85 and ended flying CH-46s at MCAS Tustin with two deployments to MCAS Futenma and a tour as a RAG instructor. Due to the RIF of '85, many of my fellow Marines and myself crossdecked to the Navy.

Currently, retired Navy, still a Marine.
2cqh994.jpg
You went in the same year as me Divine.Wind . I was out by the big riff year and in grad school by then.

I pounded the ground with the infantry however, not Air Wing.

Howdy All,

I'm new to this site, so here I am introducing myself. I will be 72 y/o this 5 June. Other than the fact that I am old, the following is about all you need to know. I am a United States Marine.

...'nuff said.
Welcome, young man! FYI, Divine.Wind was a Navy/Marine pilot and williepete was a naval aviator. They'll be here later to get some pointers.
Here's a great motto from the Navy guys.

images

Howdy All,

...'nuff said.
BTW 70's is not old.

80's is old.

What year was that?

more of me......

StuArt
Another of me in the Green Machine. I'm the one in green. ;)

2m6phqw.jpg
1977. It was my second increment of PLC at Quantico. I went for 6 weeks the summer of my freshman year in 1975 and then another 6 weeks in 1977 the summer of my junior year. I was commissioned the summer of 1978.

I did 10 weeks the summer of 1966 at Quantico.

What year was that?

more of me......

StuArt
Another of me in the Green Machine. I'm the one in green. ;)

2m6phqw.jpg
1977. It was my second increment of PLC at Quantico. I went for 6 weeks the summer of my freshman year in 1975 and then another 6 weeks in 1977 the summer of my junior year. I was commissioned the summer of 1978.

I did 10 weeks the summer of 1966 at Quantico.
They still had the 10-week OCS option, but by doing the two 6-week increments, my reserve time started in 1975 rather than waiting two years. In the long run, it helped toward my retirement.

Forum List

Back