A Young Woman Stoned for Adultery

21acf8379f05ee0e449fac596cf7a4ea643a8149.jpg

Afghan officials said Rokhsahana (her image pixelated) was stoned to death about a week ago in a Taliban-controlled area just outside Firozkoh (AFP Photo/)​

The story of a young woman who was married against her will and then stoned to death after she was caught eloping with a man her own age is heart wrenching.

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

....he lifted himself up and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
John 8:7-11

Perhaps there is no greater picture of the love, mercy and forgiveness of God than in this particular story. Many theologians have speculated about what Jesus was writing on the ground. Was it the names of the men who were ready to stone her to death? Perhaps they had slept with her!

The Scriptures do not tell us. What we do know is that Jesus said to them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. Not one of those men cast that first stone. Jesus spoke the truth and the truth set them free. In an instant they knew they had no grounds to do what they were about to do.

What has happened to this young girl in Afghanistan is wrong. The motive for her execution was religious yet not of God. This is not God condemning a young woman to death for her sins but rather a group of misguided, religious zealots who are blind to their own wretched, naked, sinful condition.

My Pastor has a saying, "God fix me first". I believe if these men were to examine their own hearts and listen to their own conscience, they might realize they need God's help. I believe if they would remove the timber from their own eye they would be able to see clearly to remove the speck in someone else's eye.

I believe what this world needs more than anything right now, is the attitude of "God fix me first". Jesus said, Love your enemies, do good to them that hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you, and persecute you.

As the conscience was the catalyst in each man dropping their stones and leaving the adulterous woman to obtain mercy from God, today the conscience is still our guide to doing what is right and obtaining mercy from God.

God alone is the judge of men. Our assistance is not required. What is required of us?

He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Micah 6:8

The best prayer?
Begins with...... God fix me first.

If you are a American and liberal and despise religion (Christianity) , HOW can you at the same time defend Islam? Christians won't actually hurt you. Muslims will literally . Sharia law is a contradiction of America precepts of separation of church and state in that same sense dosen't t justify murdering non believers or taxing non Christians like Sharia law and Muslims actually DO. Liberal are so conflicted on this. What Is the problem?
You're quoting the wrong person, Mary. I'm a Christian. I am not a liberal and I do not support Sharia Law nor have I ever defended Islam. Please quote the person you are addressing. It clearly is not me.

Don't get worked up. This isn't nearly the first time MaryL has posted something unintelligible. Everybody knows.
Actually as I already observed her dangling sentence fragment doesn't express a point anyway. I think we should force such posters to clarify what it is they're saying before they're worthy of a response. Not our job to interpret.
Thank you. I couldn't agree with you more, Pogo. I have no idea where that diatribe came from.

Afghan officials said Rokhsahana (her image pixelated) was stoned to death about a week ago in a Taliban-controlled area just outside Firozkoh (AFP Photo/)​

The story of a young woman who was married against her will and then stoned to death after she was caught eloping with a man her own age is heart wrenching.

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

....he lifted himself up and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Perhaps there is no greater picture of the love, mercy and forgiveness of God than in this particular story. Many theologians have speculated about what Jesus was writing on the ground. Was it the names of the men who were ready to stone her to death? Perhaps they had slept with her!

The Scriptures do not tell us. What we do know is that Jesus said to them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. Not one of those men cast that first stone. Jesus spoke the truth and the truth set them free. In an instant they knew they had no grounds to do what they were about to do.

What has happened to this young girl in Afghanistan is wrong. The motive for her execution was religious yet not of God. This is not God condemning a young woman to death for her sins but rather a group of misguided, religious zealots who are blind to their own wretched, naked, sinful condition.

My Pastor has a saying, "God fix me first". I believe if these men were to examine their own hearts and listen to their own conscience, they might realize they need God's help. I believe if they would remove the timber from their own eye they would be able to see clearly to remove the speck in someone else's eye.

I believe what this world needs more than anything right now, is the attitude of "God fix me first". Jesus said, Love your enemies, do good to them that hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you, and persecute you.

As the conscience was the catalyst in each man dropping their stones and leaving the adulterous woman to obtain mercy from God, today the conscience is still our guide to doing what is right and obtaining mercy from God.

God alone is the judge of men. Our assistance is not required. What is required of us?

He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The best prayer?

If you are a American and liberal and despise religion (Christianity) , HOW can you at the same time defend Islam? Christians won't actually hurt you. Muslims will literally . Sharia law is a contradiction of America precepts of separation of church and state in that same sense dosen't t justify murdering non believers or taxing non Christians like Sharia law and Muslims actually DO. Liberal are so conflicted on this. What Is the problem?
The problem is that the useful idiots are not liberal, since they do not support liberal values.

They are just the mindless fundamentalists of the left who support anything their fellow leftists support. It doesn't have to make sense. It only has to be agreed upon, and it is simply a case of monkey see, monkey do.
Excuse me but Mary is quoting the wrong person. I'm not a liberal and I am certainly not supporting leftists! I believe Mary has me confused with someone else. Who that is - is anyone's guess.

Why do you think I'm talking about you?

I am not.

Liberals bash Catholicism or religion in general., Geo. Carlin was a funny guy. In his superficial way. Would Islam tolerate a similar female questioning ISLAM? Um, all equations break down here, Islam would never allow such mockery or questioning. Sharia law forbids it. It's a fact.

Liberals bash Catholicism or religion in general., Geo. Carlin was a funny guy. In his superficial way. Would Islam tolerate a similar female questioning ISLAM? Um, all equations break down here, Islam would never allow such mockery or questioning. Sharia law forbids it. It's a fact.

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

The best prayer?

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

The best prayer?

What would Jesus do?

It is written:

The best prayer?

The Bible is crystal clear on this subject. Women who commit adultery need to be pummeled with stones until they are dead.

I don't understand the problem.

(Actually I do understand the problem. It is that old silly book that people say they follow, but do not read.)

There is a name for what happens to people who read that book - Atheism.

Forum List

Back