A young soldier speaks

Gabriella84 said:
I am presenting an opposing viewpoint.

Which I appreciate.

To prove that not everyone wants to kill people they dislike.

I would say the majority of soldiers don't want to kill, or be killed. So you are not stating anything that isn't common knowledge.

And if we are doing such a "noble" thing for the Iraqi people, why are they either shooting at us or hiding? :terror:

Gabby............you need to do more research into more views that oppose yours.........the "insurgents" are not Iraqi patriots.

If you want to see what "noble" things we are doing in Iraq...check out my thread regarding how we are supplying electricity, water and schools for the Iraqi people.

And, before you make a smartass remark about how these people had all this prior to the war, you need to do some more research..........they had electricity for about three-four hours per day.........and the water wasn't drinkable. We are not just rebuilding what has been destroyed during the war....we are providing the means for upgrading their infrastructure.

They will not have a dictator who uses all the resources of their country (oil) to build his palaces.........the money is now going back into the country and for the people, and once they have a taste for a better life, it will be even harder for another dictator to come in and take it away.

This is why we are there.......to show these people they can have a better life, but they need to fight the insurgents who want to oppress them.

CSM said:
Great allusion to MASH!

No senior NCO in the Army (as has already been asserted) would survive long in any position if he expressed or performed such actions as the supposed soldier describes.

IF (and that is a big if) the person interviewed is genuine, then a lot of his opinions are most certainly developed in hindsight. No junior enlisted guy or gal that I have ever met (and believe me, that is a LOT of folks!) cared to know too much about the upper workings of the brass at the strategic level. They were more focused on what they were doing and, in many cases, just staying alive.

I am sure the bimbo from Berkley will correct me here based on her superior knowledge of military affairs.

Dejavu.........is the Winter Soldier phenomenon coming alive again?

GunnyL said:
I always liked the helmet over the boots. The jigsaw puzzle 747 was boring. But it beats carving Roman numerals on the wall; especially aboard ship!

Fav calender was a dancer, interesting places the numbers went. Found on court street of all places.

Forum List

Back