A Year Without Summer...

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Minnesota and the Dakotas are experiencing some of the coolest days of summer this year prompting on Accuweather forecaster to declare it, "the year without summer."

Temperatures have been more than 7 degrees below normal. The lilacs have yet to bloom, an event that normally occurs by the first week of June.

Al Gore has no comment...

Many forecasters have one word for this summer: COOL

Minnesota and the Dakotas are experiencing some of the coolest days of summer this year prompting on Accuweather forecaster to declare it, "the year without summer."

Temperatures have been more than 7 degrees below normal. The lilacs have yet to bloom, an event that normally occurs by the first week of June.

Likewise the intermountain west.

And the Pacific Northwest. We had 100+ temps for a few days about a month ago,and it's been incredibly cool ever since. I actually had the heat on for a few minutes at a time yesterday and today..that's unheard of.

Hot here in Iowa today. Very summer like weather.

My God............

GLOBAL WARMING IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If this is it then I hate to see what comes when/if it really does transpire. I do believe the climate changes. I don't believe that man has a cause that can direct that change in the climate. It is really obvious when you start looking at the fossils throughout the different regions on earth to see the earth changes constantly. Even in places in the Artic where excavation has taken place there is grass under the ice. So global warming has already been and will probably be again.

And the Pacific Northwest. We had 100+ temps for a few days about a month ago,and it's been incredibly cool ever since. I actually had the heat on for a few minutes at a time yesterday and today..that's unheard of.
I know what you mean! It is cold here and I hope it stays that way until July11th when I go to the Gorge which is always hottest place in washington in the summer. I went there in May and it was like being on the sun, I don't want to think about how it will be in July.
It has rained like crazy here also, I don't think I have ever seen it rain here like it did the other night.

This being said on the FIRST day of summer... Neocon ramblings...

Last edited:
:eusa_whistle:

This extreme fluctuation in temps is actually an argument for global warming.

It's 105 where I am, temperatures not even seen in August and as far as I can tell the entire South is under a heat wave.

This being said on the FIRST day if summer... Neocon ramblings...

Neocon?

Please explain the neocon connection to global warming - or lack thereof.

Thank you.

Records broken as temps hit all-time high
By Ken Kaye | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
8:06 PM EDT, June 22, 2009

SOUTH FLORIDA - South Florida sweated through one of its hottest days ever on Monday as the mercury soared to 100 degrees in Fort Lauderdale, tying the all-time record for that city, set on Aug 4, 1944.

Other heat records, from Miami to West Palm Beach, also fell.

"I'm afraid to look at my electric bills for this month because that air conditioner has been screaming," said Chuck Tear, Palm Beach County's emergency management director.

The forecast calls for another hot one today, though it should be in the low 90s and not quite as sweltering. It also was expected to be stormier, with a 50 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms.

Records broken as temps hit all-time high -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Neocon?

Thank you.

Silly boy....

The latest nationwide survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted June 14-19 among 1,501 U.S. adults, finds that the public opinion about global warming is deeply polarized along political lines. Democrats are far more likely than Republicans to say there is solid evidence that temperatures are rising (by a margin of 81% to 58%), and that human activity is the root cause (by 54% to 24%). Democrats also place a far higher priority on the issue - believing it is a serious problem and rating it far higher in importance among issues facing the nation. For the most part, independents see global warming in the same way as Democrats in terms of whether there is solid evidence for the phenomenon and the importance of global warming relative to other issues.

Little Consensus on Global Warming: Summary of Findings - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

Neocon?

Thank you.

Silly boy....

The latest nationwide survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted June 14-19 among 1,501 U.S. adults, finds that the public opinion about global warming is deeply polarized along political lines. Democrats are far more likely than Republicans to say there is solid evidence that temperatures are rising (by a margin of 81% to 58%), and that human activity is the root cause (by 54% to 24%). Democrats also place a far higher priority on the issue - believing it is a serious problem and rating it far higher in importance among issues facing the nation. For the most part, independents see global warming in the same way as Democrats in terms of whether there is solid evidence for the phenomenon and the importance of global warming relative to other issues.

Little Consensus on Global Warming: Summary of Findings - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

You are referencing a poll relating Democrats and Republicans on the issue of global warming.

Once again, what does that issue have to do with neocons?

I saw no reference to "neocon" in that Pew Research Center poll - which is from 2006 by the way.

Did you neglect to get the latest Pew Research Poll from January of THIS year, which shows global warming as dead LAST in a list of 20 overall priorities? (It finished below "trade policy".

http://people-press.org/report/485/economy-top-policy-priority

Once again, please explain your inclusion of the term neocon in your own recent post regarding this subject.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm too busy to play your games, it's fairly self explanitory...necons say we're not warming...nuff said.

Neocon?

Thank you.

Silly boy....

You are referencing a poll relating Democrats and Republicans on the issue of global warming.

Once again, what does that issue have to do with neocons?

I saw no reference to "neocon" in that Pew Research Center poll - which is from 2006 by the way.

Did you neglect to get the latest Pew Research Poll from January of THIS year, which shows global warming as dead LAST in a list of 20 overall priorities? (It finished below "trade policy".

Economy, Jobs Trump All Other Policy Priorities In 2009: Overview - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

Once again, please explain your inclusion of the term neocon in your own recent post regarding this subject.

Thank you.

I'm too busy to play your games, it's fairly self explanitory...necons say we're not warming...nuff said.

It appears you are attempting to apply neocon to Republican regarding the issue of global warming - indicating you have little knowledge of the historical context of that term.

You would do well to research a bit more on the subject.

Not that there cannot be a connection made between the term "neocon" and global warming policy - but it would likely surprise you that the neocons have been on board with the global warmers for some time now - THEY ARE WORKING TOGETHER, not against each other.

So, by utilizing your own logic, you appear to support measures to combate global warming - you see it as as problem. THUS, you yourself must be a neocon.

Forum List

Back