A Worthy Rant

Personally, I like walking to school. EXCEPT when it rained. I'm old enough to have had the bright yellow raincoat w/gay-ass, bright yellow hat and the red rubber boots.:( I was never very fashion conscious, but even I knew THAT was WAY tacky.

I'm trying to envision all the mischief I would have missed out on had I not walked to and from.

Yep, it's how kids learn from some mistakes and successes. I hated the rain, sometimes if it was nasty enough, my mom would pick us up somewhere along the way.

I guess one of the differences though, when we got home, our mom was there, waiting to hear what had happened during the day. Just about this time of year, I remember turning the corner, smelling burning leaves and hoping she was raking so we could change and jump in the piles.

Yep, it's how kids learn from some mistakes and successes. I hated the rain, sometimes if it was nasty enough, my mom would pick us up somewhere along the way.

I guess one of the differences though, when we got home, our mom was there, waiting to hear what had happened during the day. Just about this time of year, I remember turning the corner, smelling burning leaves and hoping she was raking so we could change and jump in the piles.

I'm sure our experiences were not quite the same, even though the walking was. The furthest north I lived as kid was DC. Later, when I was 17, I experienced winter in Wichita, KS. I thought I was in Hell, only it had frozen over. 50 below windchill, 15+ inches of snow for weeks at a time. Kinda glad I missed all that when I was younger!

Growing up primarily in South FL, South Texas, and CA (my dad was USAF), we froze our butts off at anything below 50, and 3 inches of snow shut down the city. In contrast, in DC, you don't even think about getting to go home until AFTER 3 inches.

I'm sure our experiences were not quite the same, even though the walking was. The furthest north I lived as kid was DC. Later, when I was 17, I experienced winter in Wichita, KS. I thought I was in Hell, only it had frozen over. 50 below windchill, 15+ inches of snow for weeks at a time. Kinda glad I missed all that when I was younger!

Growing up primarily in South FL, South Texas, and CA (my dad was USAF), we froze our butts off at anything below 50, and 3 inches of snow shut down the city. In contrast, in DC, you don't even think about getting to go home until AFTER 3 inches.

Oh, you had it easy! Chicago has pretty rough weather nearly any time of year, if not rainy and windy, there's snowy and wind. Then there are tornadoes. :laugh:

I spent one XMas a few years back in Dreary Erie. I got a taste.

I am considering trying to move to a more mild clime. Today though, it's beautiful. About 70, nice breeze, leaves looking to decide to change...

And the board opinion is your a worthless, unemployed , getting abused by a woman piece of trash, whats your point?

Oh wait, you gonna bribe us about a board donation again?:tears1: :tears1:

Actually, most people think I'm cool.

Forum List

Back