A weak president further weakened

brummelben

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2016
The implosion of President Donald Trump’s health care bill has left him badly weakened — and New York Times columnist Charles Blow thinks that his image as a first-rate deal maker has been permanently ruined.

In his Monday column, Blow said that the entire premise of Trump’s presidency was his reputation for being a master negotiator — and that the death of Trumpcare has left “a weak president further weakened.”

“The failure of Republicans to come together behind their horrible plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act — even though they now control both houses of Congress and the presidency — was a crushing blow to Trump’s brand,” he wrote. “Legislation isn’t the same as luxury rental. Legislators are not the same as an obedient board.”

Blow didn’t just turn fire on Trump either, as he pointed out that the Trumpcare debacle is the logical conclusion of Republicans electing lawmakers who only want to oppose legislation at all costs.

Healthcare was a YUGE failure for trump. He talked a big game about the "best plan" and he was "the best dealmaker".. Alas..

• Banned
Healthcare was a YUGE failure for trump. He talked a big game about the "best plan" and he was "the best dealmaker".. Alas..
“These people weren’t elected to govern, but to impede governance,” he wrote. “Their mandate isn’t to generate ideas and solve problems by the effective exercise of government. Their singular crusade is that government is ineffective and the solution is to forever see government itself as the problem.”

In his conclusion, Blow mused that the toxic relationship between Trump and his own party might very well come back to bite him — especially if members of the House Freedom Caucus decide in the future that it’s in their best interests to impeach him.

I expected Congress to exert some control over Trump and somewhat weaken the Presidency, which honestly I didn't see as a bad thing since for a while now I felt congress hasn't been pulling its weight. What has taken me by surprise (and I don't agree with) is the federal court's action in putting aside his executive order on the travel ban. Trump's getting hit on both sides and like Rodney Dangerfield is getting no respect.

I guess we owe this one to the repubs who in their haste to repeal Obamacare forgot to suppress the news that Obamacare and AHCA was one and the same. Once their easily duped followers were aware that they would be losing their medical benefits they changed their minds.

This mindset is exactly why loser liberals can't grasp how to be successful winners. It explains why so many of them believe "the wealthy" obtained their fortunes cheating and exploiting others, why they think it's not possible for the "average man" to succeed without government intervention, and why they will never amount to anything other than being the losers they are.

As Trump said in his post-defeat statement... he never said this would be done the first 100 days. There is still plenty of time. You see, Trump doesn't see things like this as failure. That's the way winners approach things like this and it's a major difference between a winner and a loser. A loser gives up... they tried and failed, that's it... it's over. A winner doesn't give up at the first defeat. In fact, that first defeat often serves to motivate them even more. They will turn the adversity into a strength. They will learn from mistakes. They will get back on the horse and try again.

There are very, very few successful people who succeeded on their first try and never have failed.... at virtually anything. When this is your mindset going in, you are destined to be a loser your whole life. You will look back and see a series of failing and giving up. Successful people aren't bothered by failing. In their eyes, failing is simply part of the process of winning. Sometimes, in order to win, you must fail a few times. Liberal losers can't handle failure. As soon as they fail, they give up and argue it's impossible to win. The cards are stacked against them, something is unfair and unjust, requiring Big Government to resolve the unfairness or injustice.

This mindset is exactly why loser liberals can't grasp how to be successful winners. It explains why so many of them believe "the wealthy" obtained their fortunes cheating and exploiting others, why they think it's not possible for the "average man" to succeed without government intervention, and why they will never amount to anything other than being the losers they are.

As Trump said in his post-defeat statement... he never said this would be done the first 100 days. There is still plenty of time. You see, Trump doesn't see things like this as failure. That's the way winners approach things like this and it's a major difference between a winner and a loser. A loser gives up... they tried and failed, that's it... it's over. A winner doesn't give up at the first defeat. In fact, that first defeat often serves to motivate them even more. They will turn the adversity into a strength. They will learn from mistakes. They will get back on the horse and try again.

There are very, very few successful people who succeeded on their first try and never have failed.... at virtually anything. When this is your mindset going in, you are destined to be a loser your whole life. You will look back and see a series of failing and giving up. Successful people aren't bothered by failing. In their eyes, failing is simply part of the process of winning. Sometimes, in order to win, you must fail a few times. Liberal losers can't handle failure. As soon as they fail, they give up and argue it's impossible to win. The cards are stacked against them, something is unfair and unjust, requiring Big Government to resolve the unfairness or injustice.
BS, He said he would repeal Obamacare on "day one". His words. Silly Drumpfbots actually believed him.

True winners never quit but he did make a lot of brash comments that have come back to haunt him. Basically he wrote a check his ass couldn't cash.

As just a normal average American, I accept your unsolicited apology for the Orange One on behalf of my fellow Americans capable of critical thought and logical conclusions!

BS, He said he would repeal Obamacare on "day one". His words. Silly Drumpfbots actually believed him.

True winners never quit but he did make a lot of brash comments that have come back to haunt him. Basically he wrote a check his ass couldn't cash.

And if Republicans had sent him a bill to repeal Obamacare, he would've signed it on day one. Indeed, he does make brash comments that come back to haunt him. That's one of the reasons I was afraid to vote for him. But to write this off as a failure that he can never overcome is a bit goofy, in my opinion.

And if Republicans had sent him a bill to repeal Obamacare, he would've signed it on day one. Indeed, he does make brash comments that come back to haunt him. That's one of the reasons I was afraid to vote for him. But to write this off as a failure that he can never overcome is a bit goofy, in my opinion.

The cat is out of the bag already. All of his followers that were too illiterate to understand AHCA and Obamacare was the same thing now know it is. It definitely is a failure he wont be able to overcome. For 8 years the repubs obstructed any attempts to improve Obamacare and they didnt have shit to replace it with. Drumpf shot off his mouth and neglected to find out the direction of the wind. He has 3 years and some change to not only come up with a better plan but one that at least symbolically replaces Obamacare and at best is a fundamentally different replacement.. I for one dont believe for a minute he has the intelligence or the backing to do this.

Either way Obama wins though. His aim was to get a national healthcare directive. He wouldnt mind something that improves ACA.

All of his followers that were too illiterate to understand AHCA and Obamacare was the same thing now know it is.

I keep HEARING this but I've seen no evidence of it. I think it's something libtards like to tell themselves.
Just use google and read facebook posts if you dont believe me. i was blown away by their lack of awareness as well. I knew they were dumb but I didnt realize the depths of their stupidity.

Just use google and read facebook posts if you dont believe me. i was blown away by their lack of awareness as well. I knew they were dumb but I didnt realize the depths of their stupidity.

I still have no idea what you're talking about. I keep hearing liberal analysts CLAIM this... I've seen NO evidence to support it. I fully understand, anyone who is getting free health care, isn't going to like not getting the freebie anymore. I just don't think that is the bulk of Trump's base.

I guess we owe this one to the repubs who in their haste to repeal Obamacare forgot to suppress the news that Obamacare and AHCA was one and the same. Once their easily duped followers were aware that they would be losing their medical benefits they changed their minds.

Horse Hockey, ignorance at it's finest.

If true, it's an ideal time for some other nation to strike and strike hard. A president unable to govern, a people unwilling to be led is perfect. Due to the machinations of the left, we are leaderless

Come on North Korea . Come on Iran. Come on Russia. The country is broken and unable to defend itself.

Horse Hockey, ignorance at it's finest.

As evidenced by his use of the phrase "one and the same" when the actual phrase he means is "one in the same."

"One in the same" means "one in the same sense as another"... "one and the same" doesn't make rational sense... that's TWO, not one. Then he compounds this by calling other people dumb and stupid.

The implosion of President Donald Trump’s health care bill has left him badly weakened — and New York Times columnist Charles Blow thinks that his image as a first-rate deal maker has been permanently ruined.

In his Monday column, Blow said that the entire premise of Trump’s presidency was his reputation for being a master negotiator — and that the death of Trumpcare has left “a weak president further weakened.”

“The failure of Republicans to come together behind their horrible plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act — even though they now control both houses of Congress and the presidency — was a crushing blow to Trump’s brand,” he wrote. “Legislation isn’t the same as luxury rental. Legislators are not the same as an obedient board.”

Blow didn’t just turn fire on Trump either, as he pointed out that the Trumpcare debacle is the logical conclusion of Republicans electing lawmakers who only want to oppose legislation at all costs.
I've never been sold on Trump being the end all of all deal makers. His biz model is really about a brand name. But just being a deal maker doesn't make a great president. JFK was criticized because congress didn't move his agenda, but then came LBJ. Reagan moved his agenda and we got structural budget deficits.

But Trump's healthcare bid failed for two reasons. 1) he let Paul Ryan write it, and Ryan is ideologically sympathetic to the Freedom caucus. 2) The bill was a pig, and it did exactly the opposite of what Trump promised - he wanted to cover everyone and make coverage affordable.

R7jjhrY.jpg
C6p-_-5UwAA-ntp.jpg

Trump's background is real estate and construction, and construction in NY is owned and operated by the mob. Trump is used to running his businesses like a "Don" and his very own consigliere is Steve Bannon, who looks like he was dragged out of a homeless shelter to meet with the Republicans on Friday to tell them how to vote.

Problem is D.C. isn't run like a mafia family and they (the REPUBLICANS) told Trump to go fuck himself on Friday. And I loved every minute of it!

Last edited:
...he let Paul Ryan write it, and Ryan is ideologically sympathetic to the Freedom caucus.

I totally disagree that he is ideologically sympathetic to the Freedom Caucus. It was indeed Tea Party voters who put him in office and he was, for a long time, a well-respected Conservative voice. This bill was nothing but capitulation to the Establishment Bush-McCain Wing of the GOP. They have never been interested in repealing Obamacare, that's why they wouldn't get behind Ted Cruz.

The reason the bill didn't pass is because they never included the Freedom Caucus in the process. They simply presented this sham of a bill and then tried to strong-arm and intimidate Conservatives into going along with it. They hoped they would end up ferreting out a "Gang of 16" or whatever, to push this thing over the finish line but the Freedom Caucus held strong.

Now that it has failed, instead of reaching out to Conservatives as they should, they are signalling they plan to go after Conservatives in primaries and start attempting to "work with the Democrats" to push their agenda. We'll see how well THAT works out.

New Topics

Forum List

Back