A Warning

Originally posted by Jeff & Laura
IB it could of been a work visa they told me would take that long.. I dont really recall I was in Halifax & the woman I was with took me to what we would call unemployment & that is what they told me.. I wont argue with ya I assume ya live there, I can only tell you what they told me. I am a trucker & the only way I was going to be able to work was if I took a job with a company that ran up there & in the states... & I do remember clear as day them telling me I would have to find a job no other Canadian could do....lol..( Im a trucker)...lol
And yes I agree with the business loan I agree with most of what I seen while in Canada I thought it was fantastic!!!
Jeff

Ahhhhhh Halifax.. That explains it! You know why you got turned down? Because after the overfishing in the Grand Banks by Canadian, US and European trawler, Canada's fishing industry was decimated. It the martimes the unemployment often exceeds 13%! I believe Newfoundland is about 25%!!!! (Well that's what we get for non sustainable fishing). So yeah, if you were in the prairies, where I am. You'd have no problem as a trucked. My coach was american and actually came up here as a trucked and transported finisher pigs to market. It's all geography i guess.

Simplistic solutions always sound wonderful, but THEY NEVER WORK

Your telling me the guard can not secure the border, why ?

...I know what it's like to be the only white face for miles, and only a few people speak english.

I treated everyone I met with respect and courtesy and recieved the same in return. Never had any trouble.

Judging from the nature of your posts, I doubt that you have traveled outside the county of your birth, let alone overseas. You would be one of those who thinks that if you speak loudly and slowly enough you will be understood. The authorities would probably find you mugged and left for dead in a back alley, thus confirming you worst fears about foreigners.

By the way, are you...curious?

Originally posted by Big D
Ohio is famous for the black crime.

You might be justified in saying that South Central LA is famous (or infamous) for "black crime" - though I would probably call it gang-related crime. You might be able to say that Queens, NYC, is famous (or infamous) for the same thing. But Ohio?!? Ohio hardly has a repuation for "black crime." The first thing I think about when I hear Ohio is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Originally posted by Big D
Ohio is famous for the black crime.
Ohio has one of the largest black prison populations in the country.
Bully, had any good riots lately.

http://www.geoffmetcalf.com/wndarchive/22438.html

Links to right-wing reactionary newsletters aren't exactly credible.

The only riots in my neck of the woods are when spoiled, white, drunken college brats riot after OSU loses a game.

Originally posted by jon_forward
which Im sure you are glad is not very often!!!

Yeah. Unfortunately, local developers closed down all of the campus bars, so the brats are migrating outside of their ghetto for their parties.

Forum List

Back