A Warning From A Sane Canadian Writer

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yes, Tracy, I did use sane and Canadian in the same sentence!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Commentary/com-11_20_05_DW.html

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/steyn/cst-edt-steyn20.html#

3. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Interesting article, Kath. Thanks for posting it.

I still think it is better that Bush has defended his policy on Iraq. The shrieking and outrageous name-calling from the left happens sooner or later anyway. It's just their "toddler having a tantrum" style of discourse.

And just as with toddlers, we must not give in to the tantrums and give them that piece of candy or toy they are too young for. We must continue parenting them rationally and looking out for their best interests, since they are incapable of seeing what those are themselves.

[​IMG]

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    We read that differently, I don't think he was saying the defense was bad, should have started a whole lot earlier.

The dems are not going to just 'roll over' now that there is some pushback. They've controlled the spin and Bush/War in Iraq are seriously on the ropes. Al Queda must be emboldened and nearly 1/2 of the legislators don't care.

If we pull out now, US credibility will take nearly another 1/4 of a century to rebuild, if Vietnam is any measure. My hope is that the administration has seriously woken up to their duty to explain to the people WHY we are there and not here. They need to listen about the borders-polls really do serve some purpose and on this issue the administration really should be looking.

5. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Nah, Kath, I didn't think he was saying that Bush's defense was bad, either. I was just going on a slightly different tangent, one which I think is important to remember when the Dem screeching gets to louder. Bush has to explain the war and brag about it's successes.