A Warmist has Declared the Science settled, He Lost

Rdean didn't read any of the articles he posted, this is so fucking tiring.

I posted where people are actually growing giant produce in an enriched CO2 environment and Freddo posts articles that says theoretically that shouldn't happen!

What a fucking retard!

Rdean, you're smart, not like everyone says, like DUMB! And you want respect too because you pounced on my article showing stuff really happening with articles that says Global Warming will make us starve!

Read the stuff you link to, try it once...or don't, just keep humiliating yourself

I'm dumb? Apparently you don't know the meaning of the word, "Nutritious".

Def of:

nu·tri·tious : providing nourishment

This is why school is important. Big doesn't mean better. If the food doesn't have "nutritional value", then you might as well be eating cardboard.

Agrimoney.com | Sugar giant heralds beet - and tomato - boosts

The use of raised carbon dioxide concentrations had "doubled crop yields in the glasshouse".

I was just waiting for some moron to post that shit. I was goading and goading, waiting for just the right person and "Wallah". Look who pops up. This research has been going on all over the world for some time. Ususally I don't like to play "gotcha" because when you have facts on your side, you don't need to. But just this once, I wanted to see what it was like.

Imagine if we depended on the very few existing Republican scientists? We'd all be dead.

-------------------------------------------

Some biologists had theorized earlier that rising greenhouse gas levels would encourage plant growth over the long term because of the increased amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Plant physiologists from the University of California, Davis, may have further dashed those hopes.

They’ve shown that too much carbon dioxide, which plants need for energy, actually can inhibit a plant’s ability to assimilate nitrates – nitrogen-based nutrients pulled from the soil that plants use to make enzymes and other essential proteins.

Without those essential proteins, plant health – and food quality – may suffer, the researchers say in a study published online Thursday in the journal Science.

Plants get little benefit from increases in CO2 - Spokesman.com - May 15, 2010

BEIJING] Rising levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere could make rice and wheat grow faster but be less nutritious, say Chinese scientists. The impact on agriculture could be profound.

Rising carbon dioxide could make crops less nutritious - SciDev.Net

insects will confront less nutritious host plants that will induce both lengthened larval ..... by increased CO2 and negatively affected by the insect ...

http://faculty.ucr.edu/~john/24 Cons.Biol.pdf

Climate myths: Higher CO2 levels will boost plant growth and food production - environment - 16 May 2007 - New Scientist

The video above shows the first contention to be quite simply ludicrous.

The second point about CO2 could cause vegies and rice et al to be less nutritious is likewise not supported by fact. The reason why veggies etc. are not as good today as back in the 1950's is because they are bred for looks not nutrition.

Looks Great, Less Nutritious? | Mother Jones

Did you read the "source" of your report?

"Heather Smith is a science and environmental journalist. Her work has appeared in Gourmet, Slate, and San Francisco Magazine."

She appeared in "Gourmet". She must be an expert. To Republicans, that's a "real" scientist.

You quote a writer from "Gourmet". I quote Universities and respected science journals.

Imagine if we depended on the very few existing Republican scientists? We'd all be dead.

Worse, what does food from the 50's have to do with forcing plants to grow larger but they end up less nutritious?

New Topics

Forum List

Back