~A Warm Fuzzy~

lilbug

Jul 13, 2011
Sometimes ya just need somethin' to make ya feel good...

Free Hugs...

Strollingbones, this might make your head explode, honey, so proceed with caution! :razz:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4]‪Free Hugs Campaign - Official Page (music by Sick Puppies.net )‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Are folks really that cynical, or into sensationalism, controversy...or whatever on this site that folks could not be bothered to reply, but the cheating spouse topic, who is questionably a troll, gets 68 replies??!! I don't get it.

Cynical. What would most think about a guy walking around with a sign that says 'free hugs'? Personally I'd be calling the local mental health establishment to see if they had a recent escapee.

Cynical. What would most think about a guy walking around with a sign that says 'free hugs'? Personally I'd be calling the local mental health establishment to see if they had a recent escapee.

And I think that was the real message of the folks who made this video....that perhaps we have become too cynical to believe the guy and those who joined him just wanted to spread some love...maybe in other times this would have been a more accepted message.

Any perv who tries to hug me will get a mouthful of knuckles.

A lot of folks are uneasy with hugs or touching, but I musta missed the implication the guy is a perv. There was a time in our society where this would have been seen in a different light.

A lot of folks are uneasy with hugs or touching, but I musta missed the implication the guy is a perv. There was a time in our society where this would have been seen in a different light.

One should only be touched intimately by someone they know. People who like to hug strangers are pervs.

One should only be touched intimately by someone they know. People who like to hug strangers are pervs.

Well, I think you're reading too much into it, but you're entitled to your opnion.

as much as i agree....i will say this....did you notice the first person they show accepting the hug...was an older woman.....that got me to thinking...single older people have very limited physical contact.....perhaps its easy to be as weird about hugs as we are...we have unlimited hugs available...perhaps we take it too much for granted...image if no one had hugged you for years...no human contact like that...then our opinions might be much different...

perhaps lilbug (or our pollayanna in blue jeans) has a point...why are we so jaded that we considered ourselves above or too good or whatever for a simple hug...from a stranger or from a loved one....

Well, I think you're reading too much into it, but you're entitled to your opnion.

dont let skull get to ya....he just doesnt trust many people....but he has a good heart....

And I think that was the real message of the folks who made this video....that perhaps we have become too cynical to believe the guy and those who joined him just wanted to spread some love...maybe in other times this would have been a more accepted message.

I doubt it though in some micro-cultures it would be perfectly normal.

as much as i agree....i will say this....did you notice the first person they show accepting the hug...was an older woman.....that got me to thinking...single older people have very limited physical contact.....perhaps its easy to be as weird about hugs as we are...we have unlimited hugs available...perhaps we take it too much for granted...image if no one had hugged you for years...no human contact like that...then our opinions might be much different...

perhaps lilbug (or our pollayanna in blue jeans) has a point...why are we so jaded that we considered ourselves above or too good or whatever for a simple hug...from a stranger or from a loved one....

I will happily accept the pollyanna role...It's not the first time I've been called that. :razz:
I've posted this video on others sites and this is the first time anyone has raised the perv issue. What I find interesting is only one posted here yesterday, also with a jaded view, but as soon I stirred up a little dust....controversy...it got replies. Not sure if that says something about our society as a whole, or the folks on this site.

The little lady at the beginning of the video touched my heart, and it was evident that the hug she received touched her heart as well. Not sure how anyone can watch this video and not feel a little happy-warm inside.

I doubt it though in some micro-cultures it would be perfectly normal.

Remember the '60s...free love and all that...

what is that saying...if you remember the 60's you werent there?

okay is the fucking subject...hugs or people's reactions to threads?

i am confused?

lilbug you are still new here....lots of back stories to the people here

*dont i make us all sound so mysterious?* :eek:

what is that saying...if you remember the 60's you werent there?

okay is the fucking subject...hugs or people's reactions to threads?

i am confused?

lilbug you are still new here....lots of back stories to the people here

*dont i make us all sound so mysterious?* :eek:

My original intent was to just post something positive for a change, just something to make ya feel good. I'm sorry, perhaps this is not the sort of site for that kind of thing. I'll just stick to the topics posted. Thanks for your thoughts.

well i dont think that is really true....that we are sharks who will attack cause you posted something positive.....i am sure the huggers will pop up shortly.....we got them here....
you just happen to get hit right off by the non huggers.....

i would hate for you not to post being you....that would be simply wrong....post what you want....we all do...

but the question of what or why a thread takes off or dies...well that is truly a mystery.....why in the world are there over a 1000 posts concerning sunni and his wife being property.....so to trash islamics....that was the reason....

but dont be shy and sure the hell dont not post....i got that double negative going...the english nazis will be here soon

Forum List

Back